GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently October 22 19, 3:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: So Brexit eh?
PostPosted: June 25 16, 11:25 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Should we compare to, let's say, the previous business cycle? Nah. The worst!

PostPosted: June 26 16, 4:39 am 
Game Thread General

word of warning...blame all the previous administrations you want....but a bad economy has political consequences but hey! gotta love the status quo many here are advocating. WE DO NOT NEED CHANGE!

People here refuse to acknowledge why Bernie Sanders came so close to knocking off Hillary Clinton. It's the fear of the workers

PostPosted: June 26 16, 1:28 pm 
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Location: Clowns to the left of me. Jokers to the right. Here I am.
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
Radbird wrote:
Brexit is a cautionary tale for what lies ahead for us if Trump is elected because people decided to stay home on election day.

What's the tale?

Be careful who you do or do not vote for. I suspect the day after Trump is elected would be very similar (or worse) than Brexit.

PostPosted: June 26 16, 1:30 pm 
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Location: Clowns to the left of me. Jokers to the right. Here I am.
fanforever wrote:
word of warning...blame all the previous administrations you want....but a bad economy has political consequences but hey! gotta love the status quo many here are advocating. WE DO NOT NEED CHANGE!

People here refuse to acknowledge why Bernie Sanders came so close to knocking off Hillary Clinton. It's the fear of the workers

If status quo means no Trump, sign me up.

PostPosted: June 26 16, 4:43 pm 
Fringe Major League Player

Just about 72 hours after we got "our Britishness" back and it [expletive] stinks.

A few things for you to read/watch if you can. The turkeys have voted for Christmas, bought the presents and cooked themselves. I absolutely despise some of the people in this country.

All Thursday afternoon Facebook and Twitter was rife with concerned exit supporters encouraging anyone going voting to use a pen as they are using pencils in the polling stations (like they have in every election......ever) and they might erase your vote for leave and change it.

Seriously, it was trending on twitter and shows how downright stupid people are and how many must have been voting for the very first time. I really wish they hadn't bothered.

Well here is one former MP who is part of the party in power denying the claim about using the 350M that apparently was being sent to the EU to fund the failing NHS. They have conviniently put a picture of him standing in front of a big red bus with the "promise" painted on the side of it.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... -smith-nhs

Now, here are some reports from some places who have been transformed by EU money, also Cornwall who are due to get some EU money, yet still voted to leave and are now asking if the money is guaranteed. If I were Brussels I would burn the money in front of them.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... -ebbw-vale

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... ing-brexit

So, why, I hear you ask. Would a load of people living in a place about to receive lots of EU money, vote to leave the EU. Well, I already told you about the NHS promise that they lied about. Another "policy" was restricting immigration. This has also turned out to be a lie....

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 04021.html

and has brought a lot of racists out of their holes. I have never been as disgusted to be English. My only hope is that David Cameron seems to have hung Boris Johnson and the whole leave campaign out to dry as they didn't ACTUALLY expect to win. To ACTUALLY leave europe they have to envoke Article 50 which Cameron won't do and basically any new Tory PM who does envoke it is instantly alienating anyone in his party who didn't vote to leave. Good Luck! (as the French have said)

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... britain-eu

Anyway, here are some lovely racists for you to enjoy and quite rightly look down your nose at.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... -and-wales

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/e ... 2c563937ff

So there you have it, jolly old England. With it's trousers down exposing itself as the home of narrow minded bigots. But hey! We have given the elite a bloody nose and "taken back control".

Here is where the control has gone, just a bit to the left (or right (pun intended) as you look at it) of Cameron from one posh public school boy to another who is more dangerous than the first guy. Now he has no europe to answer to, so lets just wave goodbye to workers rights and any funding of any significance coming north.

I am so angry it is unreal. I need out of this country.

PostPosted: June 26 16, 4:50 pm 

Oh, and another thing, the leave complained about "unelected leaders" with power...........what about this one!

PostPosted: June 26 16, 5:01 pm 

Sorry, I am on a roll here.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/f ... 571149cffd

Can you believe this!

I feel like banging my head against the floor until I end up in Australia!

You would think the people campaigning to leave the EU would have an idea of what to do when they got to leave. This tweet sums it up.

PostPosted: June 26 16, 6:38 pm 
Hall Of Famer

mtcefc, I have to admit Ive lost a lot of respect for Britain with this. Stunning. Breathtaking. Stupid.

I hope Europe presses them to get this divorce done quick. Start checking British passports at the borders and tells Brits they have to go back home, like tomorrow.

And yall get to watch Scotland and Northern Ireland get in on the act themselves! The Leavers can't get mad at them wanting to break up the UK. Its the same principle after all.

I never thought Britain would get in bed with Putin, Assad, Iran, North Korea but here we are.

Its just insane what this has done

PostPosted: June 26 16, 8:30 pm 
Mayor of GRB

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/06/26/an-astute-online-comment-has-many-wondering-whether-brexit-may-ever-happen/?postshare=3411466991463566&tid=ss_fb

This is an interesting take from the Comments section of the Guardian about the politics of triggering Article 50, and the pressures facing the next leader of the Conservative Party.

PostPosted: June 26 16, 9:20 pm 
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Radbird wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
Radbird wrote:
Brexit is a cautionary tale for what lies ahead for us if Trump is elected because people decided to stay home on election day.

What's the tale?

Be careful who you do or do not vote for. I suspect the day after Trump is elected would be very similar (or worse) than Brexit.

Since Brexit, I have fished, grilled, watched baseball, drank beer, and scratched my balls some. Life as usual. I suspect that if Trump were elected, I would do the same.

It's just not that big of a deal. Life goes on, this stuff that everyone tells you is so important never is. Just silly grown up games.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next