GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently July 16 18, 4:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3585 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 359  Next
PostPosted: July 28 16, 9:45 am 
bronoun enthusiast

Discuss the election in this new, pristine thread. Let's all be nice and try not to take disagreements personally.

Lots of great speeches at the DNC last night, huh?

PostPosted: July 28 16, 10:07 am 
just can't quit you.

I guess we can't be nice....

:cool:

PostPosted: July 28 16, 10:18 am 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

NO MEAN THINGS ABOUT SOCCER.

PostPosted: July 28 16, 10:19 am 
"I could totally eat a person if it were a life/death situation"

I'm ready for it to be over.

PostPosted: July 28 16, 10:26 am 
Hall Of Famer

The Howard Dean reprise was pretty funny.

PostPosted: July 28 16, 10:34 am 
R-E-S-P-E-C-T...What Dr Pepper Means to Me

If reality TV stars can be president, I'd rather have Mike Rowe.

PostPosted: July 28 16, 10:35 am 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:

me too.

though not too hopeful. It's been a permanent election cycle for about a decade -with the $ and the media saturation. The only way for it to be over is people to be disgusted disengaged, apathetic - which is occurring too - and has its own downsides - where the type of people that don't work many hours, and have too much time and anger and sometimes $ on their hands are the only ones driving things.

probably not saying anything you don't know already...

PostPosted: July 28 16, 10:39 am 
accepts no jimitators

TGantz wrote:
If reality TV stars can be president, I'd rather have Mike Rowe.

Sig Hansen. He just had a heart attack but he's still alive for now.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:

PostPosted: July 28 16, 10:47 am 
Replies Authoritatively

16: drive
18: vote, army, smokes
21: booze. wonderful booze.
25: cheaper auto insurance
28: no longer help a friend move for pizza and beer
30: completely unacceptable to still be on mom's cellular family plan
42: realize that you're not going to change anyone's mind re politics on the internet and just kind of stop

I've unfollowed or unfriended every person on social media who discusses the election from a polarized and hyperbolic point of view, while maintaining a few that are on the same page as I, and I've completely stopped putting anything on the internet or any kind of social media or other w/r/t politics. Sure, my social media experience is a complete echo chamber. But it's way way way better than logging into Facebook and seeing people who I consider friends making up facts--whether it's the BernieOrBust crowd's "The election was stolen"* or people agreeing with that ape in orange greasepaint when he screams about how America is in such horrible decline**.

*if you're willing to pass off as truth on the internet that 3 and a half million votes were "stolen" then we can't have a conversation. This POV IMO is basically that of an entitled sore loser, and I'm among Bernie supporters having phone-banked for him and having given him a good bit of dough but I can't tolerate the bad name they're giving his movement with their recent attitudes of entitlement to a lost election. Creating truths out of beliefs like this is the same Gingrich insisting on CNN that violent crime is on the rise in the US when it's demonstrably on the decline for 2+ decades. It's nonsense.

**literally all objective indicators say that the opposite is true during the Obama years. As someone who gets angry when people insist that their ignorant beliefs--on any side of an issue, even if they'r trying to support a cause or whatever that I believe in--drumpf (pun intended) actual objective demonstrable scientific fact, this election has gone to a whole new level of complete and utter insanity with a lot of people who should be smart enough to do some reading and learn the facts of a matter just prattling on with their nonsense. It's not even political discourse, it's just shouting at each other.

PostPosted: July 28 16, 10:51 am 
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Questions rambling around in my brain -

What kind of convention bounce will Clinton get? Positive or negative? Who will be ahead once that occurs?

How much dirt does each campaign have on the other, when will the bombs drop and what effect will they have?

Will Bernie bros really consider Trump? They did move the Dems to their most progressive platform ever. Are they bitter enough to move over given all of the things in the GOP platform they vehemently oppose?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3585 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 359  Next