GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently December 9 19, 4:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: September 23 16, 10:47 am 
Perennial All-Star

Tim wrote:
themiddle54 wrote:
Leroy wrote:
I just saw a poll that said it is like two points. What?

Kirk is a buffoon and if I remember right Duckworth is a vet. I have no idea how in a state like Illinois this is even close. Please explain.

You are aware that Donald Trump, a demonstrated racist, narcissist, misogynist, xenophobe, Islamophobe, bully, skipper-outer of paying contractors, self-proclaimed expert in debt, schemer who ripped people off with his phony university, fraud who took $250K from his 'foundation' to pay his personal legal bills, man with a demonstrated ignorance of the Constitution, insulter of a Gold Star Mother, insulter of John McCain, man who said he'd like to nail his daughter if she wasn't his daughter and would bomb the families of suspected terrorists, man who has promised to build a wall keeping Mexicans out and that he'll make Mexico pay for it, guy who carried on a half-decade lie of racism re Obama and birtherism, and so on, is within two points in the Presidential race, yeah?

Because if you understand that the most unqualified, unfit for office candidate in the history of the US Presidency is running two points behind the most qualified candidate in modern presidential history, then this question should answer itself.

Can you show your work here?

Her tenure as SoS alone gives her a better resume than every POTUS candidate since Bush 41.

PostPosted: September 23 16, 10:51 am 
Perennial All-Star

Tim wrote:
What would be her biggest accomplishments as Senator and Secretary of State?

There are quite a few and that's why virtually every national security expert--from both sides of the political aisle--to have weighed in has given her a full-throated endorsement.

PostPosted: September 23 16, 5:19 pm 
Hallelujah Brother

themiddle54 wrote:
Tim wrote:
themiddle54 wrote:
Leroy wrote:

Kirk is a buffoon and if I remember right Duckworth is a vet. I have no idea how in a state like Illinois this is even close. Please explain.

You are aware that Donald Trump, a demonstrated racist, narcissist, misogynist, xenophobe, Islamophobe, bully, skipper-outer of paying contractors, self-proclaimed expert in debt, schemer who ripped people off with his phony university, fraud who took $250K from his 'foundation' to pay his personal legal bills, man with a demonstrated ignorance of the Constitution, insulter of a Gold Star Mother, insulter of John McCain, man who said he'd like to nail his daughter if she wasn't his daughter and would bomb the families of suspected terrorists, man who has promised to build a wall keeping Mexicans out and that he'll make Mexico pay for it, guy who carried on a half-decade lie of racism re Obama and birtherism, and so on, is within two points in the Presidential race, yeah?

Because if you understand that the most unqualified, unfit for office candidate in the history of the US Presidency is running two points behind the most qualified candidate in modern presidential history, then this question should answer itself.

Her tenure as SoS alone gives her a better resume than every POTUS candidate since Bush 41.

I would argue being a governor prepares one for the presidency at least as much as being SoS.

PostPosted: September 23 16, 10:40 pm 
Hall Of Famer

stlouie_lipp wrote:
themiddle54 wrote:
Tim wrote:
themiddle54 wrote:
Leroy wrote:

I would argue being a governor prepares one for the presidency at least as much as being SoS.

Which is why Kasich, Jeb!, etc are/were immensely more qualified. Heck, every other candidate was more qualified, except Carson. It is kind of hilarious there was a less qualified candidate than Trump. Because Trump hasn't done one second of public service at any level of government, whether in an elected position, appointed position, or hired position. The city administrator of Bettendorf, Iowa is arguably more qualified than Trump because he's managed an organization that had to answer to taxpayers before. Fiorina at least managed a company that was publicly traded on the stock market. So she had thousands of stockholders and employees to answer to. Trump's organization is private, doesn't employ many people, and the contractors they hire, they often screw.

PostPosted: September 24 16, 5:40 am 
MBA, CPA, CFA, CFP, JD, PE, MD

I don't think any job qualifies you for the misery of the presidency.

Can you imagine being woken all the time at night to deal with something random? Working 24/7 for roughly four years? Or getting public scorn from half of your own people constantly? Or having to smile all the time and put on a happy face? People throwing shade at your all the time and you just have to take?

There's nothing like it. Maybe an inmate at Guantanamo?

PostPosted: September 24 16, 8:09 am 
Hall Of Famer

AdmiralKird wrote:
I don't think any job qualifies you for the misery of the presidency.

Can you imagine being woken all the time at night to deal with something random? Working 24/7 for roughly four years? Or getting public scorn from half of your own people constantly? Or having to smile all the time and put on a happy face? People throwing shade at your all the time and you just have to take?

There's nothing like it. Maybe an inmate at Guantanamo?

But the immortality! That's the drug.

PostPosted: September 24 16, 12:17 pm 
Perennial All-Star

stlouie_lipp wrote:
themiddle54 wrote:
Tim wrote:
themiddle54 wrote:
Leroy wrote:

I would argue the opposite since governors know little to nothing about foreign affairs and foreign affairs is like 40% of the job.

PostPosted: September 24 16, 6:02 pm 
Hallelujah Brother

themiddle54 wrote:
stlouie_lipp wrote:
themiddle54 wrote:
Tim wrote:
themiddle54 wrote:
Leroy wrote:

I would argue the opposite since governors know little to nothing about foreign affairs and foreign affairs is like 40% of the job.

That's why they have a cabinet and advisers.