GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently December 13 19, 5:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: October 5 16, 5:24 pm 
Don't tone police me bro!

Quote:
But as usual, something that falsely says I usually slander black people is okay here. Calling most people in this country too soft to actually have adult conversations with people is derogatory. Liberalism at its best.

You didn't call people soft. You called them pussies.

PostPosted: October 5 16, 5:26 pm 
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

TGantz wrote:
cardsfansince82 wrote:
Good to know that a black effigy hanging from a noose with no other decorations whatsoever qualifies as easily offended. What if a black neighbor decided to "man up" and talk to the homeowner? Then the coward with the gun and the laws on his side gets to 'protect his property'.

Nobody is saying that it's not offensive, at least that I saw. I just don't think it's necessarily racist.

Prejudice is still prejudice. You're making quite a lot of assumptions. Calling a person you've never met a coward, assuming he's a gun owner (as if all gun owners are racist), and assuming anyone who may be racist would immediately kill a man knocking on his door because he's black.

Isn't it possible that it's an immigrant from Germany that doesn't associate hangings with African Americans? Germans are weird. Maybe they get weird on Halloween.

That being said, I'm sure it is someone being racist. But my point is, look at how many hateful assumptions you just made.

The whole world needs a chill pill.

You're sure it's someone being racist, let's go with that. If someone has the "balls" to put something like that in their yard then in the society we live in there is a 1000% chance he owns a gun and is looking forward to using it. No one is "man" enough to do that without a gun knowing everyone else has one too. It's not an unfair assumption, it's reality. And there's a large segment of America that will celebrate a gun owner exercising his rights regardless of racial connotations.

PostPosted: October 5 16, 5:34 pm 
R-E-S-P-E-C-T...What Dr Pepper Means to Me

cardsfansince82 wrote:
You're sure it's someone being racist, let's go with that. If someone has the "balls" to put something like that in their yard then in the society we live in there is a 1000% chance he owns a gun and is looking forward to using it. No one is "man" enough to do that without a gun knowing everyone else has one too. It's not an unfair assumption, it's reality. And there's a large segment of America that will celebrate a gun owner exercising his rights regardless of racial connotations.

All I'm pointing out is that prejudice is prejudice. There are also situations where a racist white person has something terrible happen to them by an African American like being robbed at gun point. In that case, their racism is reality to them.

The reality is that we're all self centered and a little crappy on the inside.

PostPosted: October 5 16, 6:09 pm 
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

TGantz wrote:
cardsfansince82 wrote:

All I'm pointing out is that prejudice is prejudice. There are also situations where a racist white person has something terrible happen to them by an African American like being robbed at gun point. In that case, their racism is reality to them.

The reality is that we're all self centered and a little crappy on the inside.

Getting robbed by a black person doesn't make racism more real or justified, it just reinforces what was already there. You're right that we are all kind of crappy people, it's just depressing to be reminded of it all the time. The person that put that in their yard is trying to pick a fight. It sucks that geddy has no way to address it without giving them what they want.

PostPosted: October 5 16, 6:24 pm 
Hall Of Famer

cardsfansince82 wrote:
The person that put that in their yard is trying to pick a fight.

Maybe. But I think getting yourself utterly convinced of this while simultaneously creating a story where any attempt at actual communication is completely ruled out because a person you've never seen or talked to is not only certainly a racist but also a murderer just waiting for someone to say something that gives him the opportunity to pounce is unhealthy.

PostPosted: October 5 16, 7:43 pm 
'Burb Boy

Locking it up.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10