GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently December 7 19, 9:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: October 17 16, 3:20 pm 
Perennial All-Star

Arthur Dent wrote:
It's not at all clear that there was any attempt at a quid pro quo.

...in fact State alleges that the FBI source is the one who did the ask, taking advantage of having Kennedy on the phone to make the ask. So it's just as possible that whoever the FBI source is is the one with a politically-motivated motive for slinging mud at Hillary.

I know for some Americans that's hard to believe, that Hillary Clinton is not as bad as her political opposites make her out to be, and that they're using misinformation to get people to vote against her. But after 30 years of it, it's walking and sounding a lot like a duck.

PostPosted: October 17 16, 3:22 pm 
Consider him admonished

Arthur Dent wrote:
Tim wrote:
Arthur Dent wrote:
I agree that would be improper, but as the article points out, it's not clear that happened, and it isn't what FBI concluded.

Attempting to murder someone isn't improper. Only if it succeeds.

Did you actually read that whole article or just post it after reading the headline?

It's not at all clear that there was any attempt at a quid pro quo.

I read the entire thing before posting to make sure I didn't sound too much like a nincompoop. Reading comprehension has never been my forte, but it sure sounds like Patrick Kennedy attempted a quid pro quo to get her email classification changed in exchange for the FBI getting more agents placed elsewhere. Am I missing something?

PostPosted: October 17 16, 3:23 pm 
Consider him admonished

GeddyWrox wrote:
Tim wrote:
GeddyWrox wrote:
Tim wrote:
Geddy, please don't take offense to this, but it sounds to me like you are excusing her corrupt behavior because other politicians are corrupt.

You can take it that way if you wish. Yes, all politicians are corrupt. In my opinion, she's nowhere near as bad as Bush/Cheney. It feels like all the congressional hearings and the chants of "lock her up" are all simply because of her last name. How many millions of our money has been wasted investigating her??? If the GOP couldn't find anything to nail her, let it go. Move on. It just looks like sour grapes. It would've been a lot easier to get on board with continuing to pursue charges if ANYONE had been remotely concerned with punishing Bush, Cheney, Powell, etc.

Dick Cheney is incredibly corrupt. As far as I know, he isn't involved in politics right now. Same with Bush.

You're sounding partisan here.

So be it then. It's BS to go after her for this if you didn't care about Bush/Cheney's shenanigans.

I know this wasn't directed at me personally, but I'll state unequivocally again that I think W is the worst president of my lifetime and I'm proud to have never voted for him

PostPosted: October 17 16, 3:29 pm 
Hall Of Famer

He requested that the FBI change the classification, which is a perfectly reasonable thing to do. Someone at the FBI apparently took this contact from a senior State Department official as an opportunity to get a response to his ignored requests to approve agents abroad. It is not at all clear that this request was intended as something to be provided in exchange and it is even less clear that the State Department offered any deal like that.

PostPosted: October 17 16, 3:31 pm 
Perennial All-Star

Tim wrote:
GeddyWrox wrote:
Tim wrote:
GeddyWrox wrote:
Tim wrote:
Geddy, please don't take offense to this, but it sounds to me like you are excusing her corrupt behavior because other politicians are corrupt.

You can take it that way if you wish. Yes, all politicians are corrupt. In my opinion, she's nowhere near as bad as Bush/Cheney. It feels like all the congressional hearings and the chants of "lock her up" are all simply because of her last name. How many millions of our money has been wasted investigating her??? If the GOP couldn't find anything to nail her, let it go. Move on. It just looks like sour grapes. It would've been a lot easier to get on board with continuing to pursue charges if ANYONE had been remotely concerned with punishing Bush, Cheney, Powell, etc.

Dick Cheney is incredibly corrupt. As far as I know, he isn't involved in politics right now. Same with Bush.

You're sounding partisan here.

So be it then. It's BS to go after her for this if you didn't care about Bush/Cheney's shenanigans.

I know this wasn't directed at me personally, but I'll state unequivocally again that I think W is the worst president of my lifetime and I'm proud to have never voted for him

Yeah, I'm glad you took it not directed at you. It was the collective "you" -- being the GOP and Drumpfers. It just smacks of hypocrisy and double standards.

And in the interest of clarity, I was very anti-Bush and wanted his administration investigated for deleting the emails. So, I was not unopposed to the first hearing on her email server, but... JFC give it up already!

PostPosted: October 17 16, 4:01 pm 
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

To answer the question of is anyone more corrupt. Yes, most politicians are equally or more corrupt.

PostPosted: October 17 16, 8:10 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Read a series of tweets about this earlier, that I think pretty much said what AD said.

http://electionado.com/canvas/1476747856141