GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently December 13 19, 4:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: October 20 16, 11:01 am 
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Location: Clowns to the left of me. Jokers to the right. Here I am.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/20/politics/ ... index.html

Quote:
Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump said Thursday that he will accept the results of the general election next month -- if he wins.

"I would like to promise and pledge to all of my voters and supporters and to all of the people of the United States that I will totally accept the results of this great and historic presidential election," Trump told supporters at a rally in Delaware, Ohio, his first comment since the final presidential debate Wednesday.

After pausing for effect, he said, "... if I win."

PostPosted: October 20 16, 11:02 am 
Perennial All-Star

Hillary lacks her husband's charisma. She doesn't have George W. Bush's folksy charm. She can't compete with Obama's soaring oratory skills.

But as a former lawyer who can pick her spots and her points to make in an argument, and expose the weak points of her opponent, she is [expletive] lethal. She knows that if Trump's skin was any thinner his bones and guts would just be a pile on the floor, and she knew exactly which buttons to push to get him to say reckless and stupid things in all three debates. That she turned the tables last night and kind of mansplained some things back to him was pretty much a victory lap for these debates.

PostPosted: October 20 16, 11:06 am 
Hall Of Famer

Hearing Hillary's voice makes my skin crawl, but I'd choose listening to her over Obama any and every day.

I tried to not to watch the debate, but the family had it on. What little I heard I thought Trump did fine for what his base wants. I was actually surprised considering I thought he'd do much, much worse.

PostPosted: October 20 16, 11:12 am 
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Location: Clowns to the left of me. Jokers to the right. Here I am.
BW23 wrote:
Hearing Hillary's voice makes my skin crawl, but I'd choose listening to her over Obama any and every day.

I tried to not to watch the debate, but the family had it on. What little I heard I thought Trump did fine for what his base wants. I was actually surprised considering I thought he'd do much, much worse.

I was surprised at the beginning - thought maybe he had finally listened to his advisors. Then....? This quote sums it up for me.
Quote:
Once the act-like-an-adult sedatives wore off around 30 minutes into the third debate, he lapsed into his reflexive lying and insult comedy.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... erica.html

PostPosted: October 20 16, 11:12 am 
Perennial All-Star

I agree that he said the things that he needed to say to appeal to his base. But continuing to appeal strictly to his base is not a winning strategy since that base isn't big enough to win him this election.

PostPosted: October 20 16, 11:17 am 
Hall Of Famer

themiddle54 wrote:
I agree that he said the things that he needed to say to appeal to his base. But continuing to appeal strictly to his base is not a winning strategy since that base isn't big enough to win him this election.

Agreed, but much of that base (GOP really, not his radical base) was leaving. If he didn't get them back, then he has no chance at the rest.

PostPosted: October 20 16, 11:30 am 
Perennial All-Star

After Clinton shifted from the speech to the Brazilian bank to Putin, Trump lost his [expletive].

PostPosted: October 20 16, 11:35 am 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

No matter how well he does with it - having Donald Trump make your case for Gun Rights and Pro Life or whatever just makes a bastardized trivialization of any case to be made. I know they can't forfeit at this point - but probably best not to coach Trump to go all-in with the baby-killer & they-gonna-take-your-guns approach. The causes will take a hit when Trump loses. Leave some of that wedge issue jiu-jitsu for future republican candidates to utilize

PostPosted: October 20 16, 12:15 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

#Trumpbookreport -
Quote:
The hashtag was inadvertently started by Twitter darling and St. Louis alderman and mayoral candidate Antonio French, who tweeted that Trump was like a teen who didn't read the book and had to write a report on The Grapes of Wrath.

https://www.bustle.com/articles/190704-these-trump-book-report-tweets-are-literary-nerdom-political-commentary-at-their-finest
Quote:
A Tale Of Two Cities By Charles Dickens
Ben @noblerzen
It was the best of times. Absolutely phenomenal. It was the worst of times. Total disaster. #TrumpBookReport

Quote:
Scarlet Letter - Everybody's saying the letter was scarlet. Maybe, nobody knows, but by the way it was huge. Really big. Coulda been orange. #TrumpBookReport https://twitter.com/AntonioFrench/statu ... 9086217216

Quote:
Uncle Tom's Cabin, worst cabin in the inner city. Terrible schools. Nasty women & bad hombres everywhere. @AntonioFrench #trumpbookreport

PostPosted: October 20 16, 12:20 pm 
Hall Of Famer

4th grade book report is how I've been describing his speaking style since last year. I want my Twitter royalties.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next