GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently January 21 19, 2:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: January 4 17, 3:38 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Rand Paul came out against repealing Obamacare, which means it is almost certainly going to be repealed now.

(FWIW he says repealing it would increase the budget deficit)

PostPosted: January 10 17, 12:15 pm 
'Burb Boy

PostPosted: January 10 17, 2:34 pm 
Hall Of Famer

pioneer98 wrote:
Rand Paul came out against repealing Obamacare, which means it is almost certainly going to be repealed now.

(FWIW he says repealing it would increase the budget deficit)

Wow! A Rand Paul sighting!

PostPosted: January 10 17, 2:38 pm 
Perennial All-Star

In Trump's America it's certainly possible that someone is that ignorant, but I am leaning toward thinking this is a fake internet meme.

MrCrowesGarden wrote:

PostPosted: January 10 17, 2:44 pm 
'Burb Boy

I'm not so quick to dismiss. I'm pretty sure I have extended family on ACA who voted Trump.

PostPosted: January 10 17, 2:54 pm 
Perennial All-Star

I'm sure I do too, Crowes, but I think that image is shaky. Snopes said it's unsubstantiated and possible, but that no one else who would have seen it online has added to the discussion over it or come out with any other info backing up the veracity of it. I'm skeptical, mostly because I'm skeptical of everything that comes through social media nowadays and that isn't confirmed over and over, and I think in today's day and age if something like this got to widespread meme status like this one has that we'd have other people substantiating it, outing the poster (like the crazy Chicago Trump person who berated staff at two different places) and giving me a little more confidence in its validity.

PostPosted: January 10 17, 3:28 pm 
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

themiddle54 wrote:
I'm sure I do too, Crowes, but I think that image is shaky. Snopes said it's unsubstantiated and possible, but that no one else who would have seen it online has added to the discussion over it or come out with any other info backing up the veracity of it. I'm skeptical, mostly because I'm skeptical of everything that comes through social media nowadays and that isn't confirmed over and over, and I think in today's day and age if something like this got to widespread meme status like this one has that we'd have other people substantiating it, outing the poster (like the crazy Chicago Trump person who berated staff at two different places) and giving me a little more confidence in its validity.

Tons of people don't understand Obamacare is the ACA.

Lots of sadness here...

http://www.areyousorryyet.com/

PostPosted: January 10 17, 4:08 pm 
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

themiddle54 wrote:

Yeah, it looks fake. Sounds like the same person writing both parts.

PostPosted: January 17 17, 11:21 am 
Hall Of Famer

Stuff like this makes me wonder if Americans like to be contrarian for it's own sake. Maybe all countries have it going on to some extent. And being truthful, I've been like that on some things.

PostPosted: January 17 17, 11:41 am 
Hall Of Famer

ghostrunner wrote:
Stuff like this makes me wonder if Americans like to be contrarian for it's own sake. Maybe all countries have it going on to some extent. And being truthful, I've been like that on some things.

The other way to look at it is the question is answered relative to alternatives. The shift here is an increase in people saying it's a good idea, which you may be more likely to say when it looks like repeal is the alternative rather than reform.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next