GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently February 18 19, 5:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: January 15 19, 7:19 am 
Consider him admonished

ghostrunner wrote:
Putting this here because the big increases are health care related, but it's pretty fascinating what's gone up and what's gone down over the years.

Spoiler: show

That’s super interesting. Any thoughts as to why?

PostPosted: January 15 19, 10:15 am 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

ghostrunner wrote:
Putting this here because the big increases are health care related, but it's pretty fascinating what's gone up and what's gone down over the years.

Spoiler: show

Not good. .

Transportation costs are not easily reflected. However it can be a pretty big cost - especially on low and even upper end of wage spectrum where people can't afford to live anywhere near their work, and two or more jobs.

PostPosted: January 24 19, 2:37 pm 
99% conan clips

Quote:
A health care industry group on Thursday launched a digital ad campaign against Medicare for All, as health care companies ramp up their efforts to fight the idea gaining ground on the left.

“Whether it’s called Medicare for All, single-payer or a public option, a one-size-fits-all health care system will mean all Americans have less choice and control over their doctors, treatments and coverage,” states the two-and-a-half minute video, which will run as a digital ad on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.

Quote:
The group behind the ad is the Partnership for America’s Health Care Future, whose members include major industry players like America’s Health Insurance Plans and the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America, who last year came together to form the group to fight Medicare for All.

The health care industry is expected to fight single-payer efforts vociferously given that the idea threatens to cut payments to players throughout the industry. Opponents also argue single-payer would mean upheaval and less choice for patients.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/4 ... re-for-all

PostPosted: January 24 19, 2:45 pm 
Perennial All-Star

I talked to a dr the other day. They said that they spend twice as much time filling out required paperwork as the do seeing patients. That’s where our government is taking us. One hour of patient care has to pay three hours of salary. The quick math says that costs could be cut by 2/3 without the hoops.

PostPosted: January 24 19, 2:49 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

Diddy wrote:
I talked to a dr the other day. They said that they spend twice as much time filling out required paperwork as the do seeing patients. That’s where our government is taking us. One hour of patient care has to pay three hours of salary. The quick math says that costs could be cut by 2/3 without the hoops.

Yes it’s the government’s fault. We the people blah blah.

What paperwork? Documentation of pt care? Insurance coding?

PostPosted: January 24 19, 2:51 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

http://pnhp.org/about/

What a bunch of libtard dummies who happen to be physicians who believe a national health program is the way to go.

PostPosted: January 24 19, 2:52 pm 
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Diddy wrote:

I'd buy that if the doctor wasn't paying some secretary 10 bucks an hour to do it and the hospital wasn't always adding on and expanding. I mean Barns Jewish has spent over a billion dollars in additions in the last decade and plans to spend another billion plus. Health care companies are making obscene profits and the doctor can play innocent all he wants but it's a lie. I saw a news article once on a doctor that did heart caths and got 20k a pop, and was doing sometimes 20 a day. That 20k was just what he was paid.

PostPosted: January 24 19, 3:03 pm 
Perennial All-Star

Have you seen the rates that rural hospitals are disappearing?

PostPosted: January 24 19, 3:14 pm 
Consider him admonished

Diddy wrote:

Most hire a few people in the clinic just to do the required Medicare and Medicaid paperwork and pray they don’t screw it up.

What happens is that doctors just quit accepting Medicare and Medicaid patients because reimbursements don’t make financial sense.

These patients (I’m talking about mentally ill in general, though I’m aware of PCPs doing the same) end up at a state ran clinic.

If I was in private practice i don’t think I’d see Medicare or Medicaid patients. Sad to say. The cost of overhead is just way too high. Instead I’d probably work 4 days a week and then volunteer the fifth day as my wife and i did for a few years .

PostPosted: January 24 19, 3:15 pm 
Consider him admonished

IMADreamer wrote:
Diddy wrote:

I'd buy that if the doctor wasn't paying some secretary 10 bucks an hour to do it and the hospital wasn't always adding on and expanding. I mean Barns Jewish has spent over a billion dollars in additions in the last decade and plans to spend another billion plus. Health care companies are making obscene profits and the doctor can play innocent all he wants but it's a lie. I saw a news article once on a doctor that did heart caths and got 20k a pop, and was doing sometimes 20 a day. That 20k was just what he was paid.

I’d like to read this article

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next