GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently August 23 19, 9:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: January 24 19, 3:18 pm 
Consider him admonished

lukethedrifter wrote:
Diddy wrote:
I talked to a dr the other day. They said that they spend twice as much time filling out required paperwork as the do seeing patients. That’s where our government is taking us. One hour of patient care has to pay three hours of salary. The quick math says that costs could be cut by 2/3 without the hoops.

Yes it’s the government’s fault. We the people blah blah.

What paperwork? Documentation of pt care? Insurance coding?

Compare the paperwork for Medicare and Medicaid versus private insurance.

It’s been my experience that it is 3x as lengthy and tedious.

But my last interaction with that was 2013 so it may have changed

PostPosted: January 24 19, 3:20 pm 
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Tim wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:
Diddy wrote:
I talked to a dr the other day. They said that they spend twice as much time filling out required paperwork as the do seeing patients. That’s where our government is taking us. One hour of patient care has to pay three hours of salary. The quick math says that costs could be cut by 2/3 without the hoops.

I'd buy that if the doctor wasn't paying some secretary 10 bucks an hour to do it and the hospital wasn't always adding on and expanding. I mean Barns Jewish has spent over a billion dollars in additions in the last decade and plans to spend another billion plus. Health care companies are making obscene profits and the doctor can play innocent all he wants but it's a lie. I saw a news article once on a doctor that did heart caths and got 20k a pop, and was doing sometimes 20 a day. That 20k was just what he was paid.

I’d like to read this article

It was on TV. Something like the Nightly News with Brian Williams if remember correctly.

PostPosted: January 24 19, 3:20 pm 
Perennial All-Star

Tim wrote:
Diddy wrote:

Most hire a few people in the clinic just to do the required Medicare and Medicaid paperwork and pray they don’t screw it up.

What happens is that doctors just quit accepting Medicare and Medicaid patients because reimbursements don’t make financial sense.

These patients (I’m talking about mentally ill in general, though I’m aware of PCPs doing the same) end up at a state ran clinic.

If I was in private practice i don’t think I’d see Medicare or Medicaid patients. Sad to say. The cost of overhead is just way too high. Instead I’d probably work 4 days a week and then volunteer the fifth day as my wife and i did for a few years .

Which is exactly what they were talking about doing. Well I don’t know about the volunteer part. I know of therapists working part time as cash only making more then they did working 40+ hours for hospitals, and saving their clients money.

PostPosted: January 24 19, 3:23 pm 
Consider him admonished

Here’s an article detailing some challenges
https://www.verywellhealth.com/doctors- ... f-medicare

PostPosted: January 24 19, 3:24 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

lukethedrifter wrote:
http://pnhp.org/about/

Also, if Medicare/Medicaid paperwork is more tedious then working toward making it less so without allowing for fraud should be a goal. Not getting rid of it.

PostPosted: January 24 19, 3:31 pm 
Consider him admonished

lukethedrifter wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:

Also, if Medicare/Medicaid paperwork is more tedious then working toward making it less so without allowing for fraud should be a goal. Not getting rid of it.

100%

PostPosted: January 24 19, 3:34 pm 
Perennial All-Star

Tim wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:

100%

The opposite seems to be the goal.

PostPosted: January 24 19, 3:41 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

Diddy wrote:
Tim wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:

100%

The opposite seems to be the goal.

Ok

PostPosted: January 25 19, 9:02 am 
Consider him admonished

V.A. Wait Times Now Shorter Than for Private Doctors

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source= ... 4857232704

Wait times for an appointment at Veterans Affairs hospitals have decreased since 2014 and are now, on average, shorter than those in the private sector, a new study shows.

Researchers used V.A. data to calculate wait times for about 17 million appointments. The public sector data came from a survey conducted by a physicians’ search firm in nearly 2,000 medical offices in 30 major and midsize metropolitan areas.

The study, in JAMA Network Open, covered four specialties: primary care, cardiology, dermatology and orthopedics.

In 2014 the average wait time in V.A. hospitals was 22.5 days, compared with 18.7 in the private sector, a statistically insignificant difference. But by 2017, mean wait time at V.A. hospitals had gone down to 17.7 days, while rising to 29.8 for private practitioners.

PostPosted: January 25 19, 10:13 am 
Hall Of Famer

lukethedrifter wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:

The "government is inevitably broken" mindset is really pervasive and aided by the fact that the people who think so have been running it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next