GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently July 19 19, 2:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 487, 488, 489, 490, 491, 492, 493 ... 524  Next
PostPosted: March 15 19, 1:45 pm 
Perennial All-Star

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
Lindsey Graham is now demanding info about all discussion of the 25th Amendment among Justice Department employees.

They better not shirk from this. Tell it exactly like it is. No equivocation.

It would be hilarious if they reply with, "We talk about it daily".

PostPosted: March 15 19, 2:01 pm 
Replies Authoritatively

ghostrunner wrote:
But - pardoning Nixon, letting war crimes pass, slapping people on the wrist for Iran-Contra, leaving banks and CEO's unpunished and unprosecuted - I think letting all that slide has gotten us to a place where many don't even see Trump as corrupt, or understand why he's deserving of punishment relative to others. It has to become clear there's a price to pay.

Let's say it comes out tomorrow that there's hard evidence of Trump colluding with Putin to undermine the vote. Like, it's on tape.
On Monday Congress votes to impeach.
On Tuesday the Senate votes 100-0 to remove.
On Tuesday night Trump is taken to prison in handcuffs by the FBI.

How many of those staunch Values-Voting Good Honest Americans Who Just Have A Touch Of Economic Anxiety then tell their kids "The lesson here, junior, is that there are consequences for your actions and Mr Trump broke the law"?

Not many. Instead they'll all be looking at the teevee so Hannity or Laura can tell them how to feel about. They'll be deep-diving into dark parts of the web, embracing the conspiracies that verify their untruthful lives and beliefs, a couple of them making decisions about whether their mass shooting witll be at a mosque, a federal building, a school, maybe a movie theater. Trump's criminality doesn't matter any more than it matters to women who saw the P-Grabbing tape and still go cheer for him at rallies.

Those people don't see him as corrupt because they think he's good, and those people are fundamentalists who see things as binary. He's good. He's our leader. He's one of us. And he is one of them. A dishonest fundamentalist imbecile without an understanding of what is really right and wrong.

Let's say it came out tomorrow that Obama stole a candy bar from a corner store when he was 8. They'd demand he go to jail. These are people who shouted "LOCK HER UP" over something they didn't understand in a place in the world they couldn't find on a globe if you gave them 20 minutes because she wasn't one of them and they don't give a damn about consequences they only care about sides.

I sure hope Trump goes to prison. I really do. If not for Russia then for obstruction or for ripping people off or something. I'd love it. But I also REALLY want the fundamentalist religious racist xenophobic homophobic minority in this country to see their guy get beat like 70%-30%, even better if it's by a woman, and better still if by a black woman. I want them to live with that L. They can come up with all the voter fraud theories they want, and they will, but I want those [expletive] people to lose more than this board wants to see the Cardinals win.

PostPosted: March 15 19, 9:13 pm 
Perennial All-Star

Well, Trump is getting sued (again) but there's no discussion of jail time. Instead, it's a large fine and a ban from non-profit boards for a decade.

Quote:
President Donald Trump should pay a $5.6 million penalty on top of $2.8 million in restitution for spending money from his charitable foundation on business and political purposes, the New York attorney general told a judge in seeking a ruling without a trial.

Neither Trump nor his three eldest children, all of whom had senior roles at the Donald J. Trump Foundation, have provided evidence rebutting the state’s claims that they failed to meet as a board, oversee grant-making or implement policies to protect the charity’s funds from abuse, New York Attorney General Letitia James said in court papers Thursday.

A judge is weighing the state’s request to ban Trump from serving on a New York not-for-profit for 10 years and bar his children for one year.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-pa ... 49851.html

PostPosted: March 17 19, 5:24 pm 
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Location: Clowns to the left of me. Jokers to the right. Here I am.
33anda3rd wrote:
ghostrunner wrote:
But - pardoning Nixon, letting war crimes pass, slapping people on the wrist for Iran-Contra, leaving banks and CEO's unpunished and unprosecuted - I think letting all that slide has gotten us to a place where many don't even see Trump as corrupt, or understand why he's deserving of punishment relative to others. It has to become clear there's a price to pay.

Let's say it comes out tomorrow that there's hard evidence of Trump colluding with Putin to undermine the vote. Like, it's on tape.
On Monday Congress votes to impeach.
On Tuesday the Senate votes 100-0 to remove.
On Tuesday night Trump is taken to prison in handcuffs by the FBI.

How many of those staunch Values-Voting Good Honest Americans Who Just Have A Touch Of Economic Anxiety then tell their kids "The lesson here, junior, is that there are consequences for your actions and Mr Trump broke the law"?

Not many. Instead they'll all be looking at the teevee so Hannity or Laura can tell them how to feel about. They'll be deep-diving into dark parts of the web, embracing the conspiracies that verify their untruthful lives and beliefs, a couple of them making decisions about whether their mass shooting witll be at a mosque, a federal building, a school, maybe a movie theater. Trump's criminality doesn't matter any more than it matters to women who saw the P-Grabbing tape and still go cheer for him at rallies.

Those people don't see him as corrupt because they think he's good, and those people are fundamentalists who see things as binary. He's good. He's our leader. He's one of us. And he is one of them. A dishonest fundamentalist imbecile without an understanding of what is really right and wrong.

Let's say it came out tomorrow that Obama stole a candy bar from a corner store when he was 8. They'd demand he go to jail. These are people who shouted "LOCK HER UP" over something they didn't understand in a place in the world they couldn't find on a globe if you gave them 20 minutes because she wasn't one of them and they don't give a damn about consequences they only care about sides.

I sure hope Trump goes to prison. I really do. If not for Russia then for obstruction or for ripping people off or something. I'd love it. But I also REALLY want the fundamentalist religious racist xenophobic homophobic minority in this country to see their guy get beat like 70%-30%, even better if it's by a woman, and better still if by a black woman. I want them to live with that L. They can come up with all the voter fraud theories they want, and they will, but I want those [expletive] people to lose more than this board wants to see the Cardinals win.

I would gladly give up a Cards WS win to see that happen.

PostPosted: March 17 19, 7:57 pm 
Perennial All-Star

The most remarkable political moment of my life will be when 60 million-plus voters decide we need four more years of this.

PostPosted: March 18 19, 8:40 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Judging from the last two day's tweets, I think he's getting more unstable.

PostPosted: March 19 19, 12:25 pm 
Perennial All-Star

George Conway - yes THAT guy - has been trolling Trump HARD about his Narcissism and other mental issues.

PostPosted: March 20 19, 5:31 am 
99% conan clips

he's such a good word speaker!

PostPosted: March 20 19, 9:17 am 
Hall Of Famer

Conway probably shouldn't be diagnosing anyone since he's not a psychiatrist, and i have to question the ability of a married couple to just let all this slide. Normally a husband wouldn't tweet stuff about his wife's boss, and normally a wife would either agree and quit or ask the husband to knock it off. Which he should do if she does ask. Trump being Trump skews this in people's minds, but it doesn't seem like a good, healthy relationship.

And if this tweet doesn't change something, I'm inclined to say they all deserve each other.

PostPosted: March 20 19, 9:45 am 
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Location: Clowns to the left of me. Jokers to the right. Here I am.
ghostrunner wrote:
Conway probably shouldn't be diagnosing anyone since he's not a psychiatrist, and i have to question the ability of a married couple to just let all this slide. Normally a husband wouldn't tweet stuff about his wife's boss, and normally a wife would either agree and quit or ask the husband to knock it off. Which he should do if she does ask. Trump being Trump skews this in people's minds, but it doesn't seem like a good, healthy relationship.

And if this tweet doesn't change something, I'm inclined to say they all deserve each other.

George and Kellyanne know exactly what they are doing. The only question is when the book comes out and who buys the movie rights.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 487, 488, 489, 490, 491, 492, 493 ... 524  Next