GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently September 21 19, 7:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5451 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 537, 538, 539, 540, 541, 542, 543 ... 546  Next
PostPosted: September 9 19, 12:53 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

thrill wrote:
Could also go in the climate thread as we are in the dawn of the climate apartheid era. Build those walls. Close those borders. Let them burn/starve/drown/devour each other.

Everything is politics now.

After Hurricane Maria -
Quote:
3000 people did not die in the two hurricanes that hit Puerto Rico. When I left the Island, AFTER the storm had hit, they had anywhere from 6 to 18 deaths. As time went by it did not go up by much. Then, a long time later, they started to report really large numbers, like 3000 This was done by the Democrats in order to make me look as bad as possible when I was successfully raising Billions of Dollars to help rebuild Puerto Rico. If a person died for any reason, like old age, just add them onto the list. Bad politics. I love Puerto Rico!
—President Donald Trump, September 13, 2018[33]

A few people may say- ultimately what does it matter what that moron says - let's not make a natural disaster political.

But doesn't reality and some semblance of truth matter? Like it or not, what the leader of most powerful nation in the world affects this.
His comments muddy the waters - not only does it insult the survivors, and family members of the affected - it effects response, and relief efforts. Donations to Red Cross etc.

An accounting for death tolls - yeah it is kind of ghoulish and the media does play it up for story value - but shouldn't the #s matter for logistical preparations for next time, as well as history. (statement, not a question).

PostPosted: September 9 19, 2:39 pm 
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Location: Clowns to the left of me. Jokers to the right. Here I am.

So Trump threatens to fire Wilbur if he doesn’t threaten to fire NOAA guys if they don’t send out their statement.

PostPosted: September 9 19, 2:54 pm 

A vintage tweet for every occasion.

PostPosted: September 9 19, 3:02 pm 

More evidence of his despicability.

PostPosted: September 9 19, 3:09 pm 
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Ah yes, the classic tactic in which your enemies set up shop on a a nearby island and spend months, years, pretending to live there so that the next time a hurricane wipes the place out they can impersonate refugees and slip into the country undetected.

Much more effective than coming here on a Saudi passport.

PostPosted: September 12 19, 9:26 am 
99% conan clips

PostPosted: September 12 19, 9:32 am 
Perennial All-Star

"Dear God, I don't ask for much. In fact, I don't think I've directly prayed to you since I was 10 or 11. But I am praying now. Please, PLEASE, deliver us from the despicable evil man that is ruining our country. A lightning bolt, a tough piece of hamberder, poisoned covfefe, stroke, ebola. I don't care how you do it. Just remove this despicable man from the world. We will all be much better off.

Thank you."

Lord hear our prayer.

PostPosted: September 12 19, 9:41 am 
All-Star

Melania is an immigrant. Immigrants are taking our Vapes! March on Washington!

PostPosted: September 12 19, 10:09 am 
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

While the media all discuss the vaping ban, the Trump admin is succeeding in blocking all asylum seekers from entering at the southern border, and is poised to lower to 0 the number of refugees the US will accept, from anywhere, no matter how they arrive.

PostPosted: September 12 19, 11:55 am 
All-Star

G. Keenan wrote:
While the media all discuss the vaping ban, the Trump admin is succeeding in blocking all asylum seekers from entering at the southern border, and is poised to lower to 0 the number of refugees the US will accept, from anywhere, no matter how they arrive.

This is an outrage. Beyond disgusting for a country of our wealth and history. These are the most desperate, least fortunate people in the world. [expletive] Trump. [expletive] Bannon. [expletive] Miller.

What good are we if we reject refugees? I'd say no [expletive] good at all. So much power, so many resources and no humanity.

The illegal immigrant policies and actions are evil. No refugees? That's next level.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5451 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 537, 538, 539, 540, 541, 542, 543 ... 546  Next