GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently March 24 19, 5:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4909 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 464, 465, 466, 467, 468, 469, 470 ... 491  Next
PostPosted: January 4 19, 9:16 am 
Perennial All-Star

Jocephus wrote:
my bad geddy

I wasn't meaning to bust your chops. I'm just appalled that no one is alarmed by this.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised anymore. He has been showing his hand w/r/t Russia since he got nominated. But still, WTF???

PostPosted: January 4 19, 2:42 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Guess it was only a matter of time and timing.

Trump says he has considered calling a national emergency to build wall

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/government-shutdown-january-2019/h_315d02e63de3842b953092450e0df599

Quote:
"Yes, I have. And I can do it if I want," Trump claimed.

PostPosted: January 4 19, 2:51 pm 
bronoun enthusiast

doe_boy wrote:
Guess it was only a matter of time and timing.

Trump says he has considered calling a national emergency to build wall

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/government-shutdown-january-2019/h_315d02e63de3842b953092450e0df599

Quote:
"Yes, I have. And I can do it if I want," Trump claimed.

This is basically Jade Helm. The thing right wing nut jobs were terrified of Obama doing.

PostPosted: January 4 19, 2:56 pm 
99% conan clips

oh wow i'd forgotten about jade helm. wikipedia reminds me of this great ted cruz quote
Quote:
We are assured [that] it is a military training exercise. I have no reason to doubt those assurances, but I understand the reason for concern and uncertainty, because when the federal government has not demonstrated itself to be trustworthy in this administration, the natural consequence is that many citizens don't trust what it is saying

edit: and of course (from wiki)
Quote:
Russian disinformation

Clint Watts, and two others in the FBI began to notice Russian disinformation campaigns starting in April 2014.[59] Watts said that Russian-driven efforts to spread misinformation were involved with Jade Helm 15.[59] In 2017, Facebook shut down a page called "Heart of Texas" which was found to be associated with a Russian company promoting disinformation, including promoting the Jade Helm conspiracy.[60]

On May 3, 2018, The Texas Tribune reported that Michael Hayden, a former director of the CIA and NSA said that the "hysteria" surrounding the training exercise "was fueled by Russians wanting to dominate 'the information space.'"[61] Hayden said that Russian bots were used to spread misinformation.[62]

PostPosted: January 4 19, 3:24 pm 
99% conan clips

thread about todays rose garden presser and fact checking, etc

PostPosted: January 4 19, 3:42 pm 
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Jocephus wrote:
thread about todays rose garden presser and fact checking, etc

Wow. Hilarious thread, but wow.

I never thought we'd see the day where the President, day after day, spewed incoherent stream-of-consciousness nonsense on any and all topics, and otherwise serious adults have to pretend like real thoughts and ideas are being discussed.

Two years in and this whole charade is like some kind of French or Italian absurdist film. When this is all over we're going to find that Trump has been clinically insane for years, but in some kind of collective psychic self-defense mechanism we've all been telling ourselves that he's just an a-hole.

PostPosted: January 4 19, 3:44 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Adderal freak.

PostPosted: January 4 19, 3:54 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Hundreds of TSA screeners, working without pay, calling out sick at major airports
Quote:
Hundreds of Transportation Security Administration officers, who are required to work without paychecks through the partial government shutdown, have called out from work this week from at least four major airports, according to two senior agency officials and three TSA employee union officials.

The mass call outs could inevitably mean air travel is less secure, especially as the shutdown enters its second week with no clear end to the political stalemate in sight.
"This will definitely affect the flying public who we (are) sworn to protect," Hydrick Thomas, president of the national TSA employee union, told CNN.
At New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport, as many as 170 TSA employees have called out each day this week, Thomas tells CNN. Officers from a morning shift were required to work extra hours to cover the gaps.

Quote:
"This problem of call outs is really going to explode over the next week or two when employees miss their first paycheck," a union official at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport told CNN. "TSA officers are telling the union they will find another way to make money. That means calling out to work other jobs."

PostPosted: January 4 19, 4:19 pm 
Hall Of Famer

His voting base described:

PostPosted: January 6 19, 10:58 pm 
99% conan clips

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4909 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 464, 465, 466, 467, 468, 469, 470 ... 491  Next