GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently September 19 19, 4:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 486, 487, 488, 489, 490, 491, 492 ... 545  Next
PostPosted: March 14 19, 10:40 am 
Hall Of Famer

I really see both sides on impeachment. Politically I think winning in 2020 and leaving at that is probably better. I think it's likely impeaching him does piss certain people off enough to create serious problems, and it probably looks to people who pathologically don't give a [expletive] like the Democrats are just throwing everything at him in desperation.

But - pardoning Nixon, letting war crimes pass, slapping people on the wrist for Iran-Contra, leaving banks and CEO's unpunished and unprosecuted - I think letting all that slide has gotten us to a place where many don't even see Trump as corrupt, or understand why he's deserving of punishment relative to others. It has to become clear there's a price to pay.

PostPosted: March 14 19, 10:56 am 
Hall Of Famer

They need to play hardball. If the tables were turned, Republicans would not hesitate to impeach. They impeached Bubba for getting a beej. It did not cost the Republicans anything. If anything, it helped them as they took Congress and the presidency after that.

PostPosted: March 14 19, 11:28 am 
Hall Of Famer

PostPosted: March 14 19, 11:43 am 
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

pioneer98 wrote:
They need to play hardball. If the tables were turned, Republicans would not hesitate to impeach. They impeached Bubba for getting a beej. It did not cost the Republicans anything. If anything, it helped them as they took Congress and the presidency after that.

Exactly, it's time for their to be consequences.

PostPosted: March 14 19, 11:48 am 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

pioneer98 wrote:

Ann Coulter posting this is irrelevant. Paul Ryan is GOP trash and Koch Bro puss and Trumps chump. Nothing new here..

PostPosted: March 14 19, 11:59 am 
bronoun enthusiast

HAHAHA what a [expletive] chump. Ideas?! Everyone hates their ideas. They haven't won an election on ideas since Lincoln.

PostPosted: March 14 19, 12:31 pm 
Hall Of Famer

The GOP wins when they run on ideas and not on personalities....which is why I'm now endorsing an utterly vapid reality TV personality.

We need a new word to describe this level of cognitive dissonance.

PostPosted: March 14 19, 12:45 pm 
Hall Of Famer

You got a nice political party there, it'd be a shame if something would happen to it.

Trump Just Said His Friends in the Military, Police, and a Biker Group Might Get “Tough” on Democrats

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/03/trump-tough-people-military-police-bikers.html

Quote:
“So here’s the thing—it’s so terrible what’s happening,” Trump said when asked by Breitbart News Washington Political Editor Matthew Boyle about how the left is fighting hard. “You know, the left plays a tougher game, it’s very funny. I actually think that the people on the right are tougher, but they don’t play it tougher. Okay? I can tell you I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump – I have the tough people, but they don’t play it tough — until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad.

PostPosted: March 14 19, 12:47 pm 
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

doe_boy wrote:
You got a nice political party there, it'd be a shame if something would happen to it.

Trump Just Said His Friends in the Military, Police, and a Biker Group Might Get “Tough” on Democrats

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/03/trump-tough-people-military-police-bikers.html

Quote:
“So here’s the thing—it’s so terrible what’s happening,” Trump said when asked by Breitbart News Washington Political Editor Matthew Boyle about how the left is fighting hard. “You know, the left plays a tougher game, it’s very funny. I actually think that the people on the right are tougher, but they don’t play it tougher. Okay? I can tell you I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump – I have the tough people, but they don’t play it tough — until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad.

Which is why I have no respect for anyone in any of those groups. They are the enemy of the people of the US.

PostPosted: March 15 19, 1:15 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Lindsey Graham is now demanding info about all discussion of the 25th Amendment among Justice Department employees.

They better not shirk from this. Tell it exactly like it is. No equivocation.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 486, 487, 488, 489, 490, 491, 492 ... 545  Next