GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently September 21 19, 6:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5451 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 535, 536, 537, 538, 539, 540, 541 ... 546  Next
PostPosted: September 5 19, 6:34 pm 
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Location: Clowns to the left of me. Jokers to the right. Here I am.

Welp, that settles it.

PostPosted: September 5 19, 6:37 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Radbird wrote:

Welp, that settles it.

Brownie, you're doing a heckuva job.

PostPosted: September 6 19, 1:12 pm 
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

As good a theory about the "real" Trump as I've seen so far:
The Real Donald Trump Is a Character on TV: Understand that, and you’ll understand what he’s doing in the White House.

PostPosted: September 6 19, 2:58 pm 
Hall Of Famer

G. Keenan wrote:

That was really good.

Quote:
America loved boardroom Trump — for a while. He delivered his catchphrase in TV cameos and slapped it on a reissue of his 1980s Monopoly knockoff Trump: The Game. (“I’m back and you’re fired!”) But after the first season, the ratings dropped; by season four they were nearly half what they were in season one.

He reacted to his declining numbers by ratcheting up what worked before: becoming a louder, more extreme, more abrasive version of himself. He gets more insulting in the boardroom — “You hang out with losers and you become a loser”— and executes double and quadruple firings.

It’s a pattern that we see as he advances toward his re-election campaign, with an eye not on the Nielsen ratings but on the polls: The only solution for any given problem was a Trumpier Trump.

Did it work for “The Apprentice”? Yes and no. His show hung on to a loyal base through 14 seasons, including the increasingly farcical celebrity version. But it never dominated its competition again, losing out, despite his denials, to the likes of the sitcom “Mike & Molly.”

I really am kind of scared what kind of antics we will see from Trump as the election gets closer.

PostPosted: September 6 19, 3:01 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

Also, i blame you reality tv watchers for Trump.

PostPosted: September 6 19, 3:40 pm 
The Last Word

Radbird wrote:

Welp, that settles it.

If this were true, then why didn't Trump just say that........... and why did he draw a fake map.

Try again.

PostPosted: September 6 19, 4:32 pm 
All-Star

This is all just so goddam stupid. We shouldn't have elected an idiot baby president, probably.

Remember when he said he has very strong very thick skin? Of all the lies that has to be the most flagrant.

Thank God he wasn't president when that dress with the dubious colors was viral.

PostPosted: September 6 19, 6:26 pm 
Hall Of Famer

This sounds really, really bad.

Quote:
A senior Air Force official who was previously stationed at Elmendorf Air Force Base in Alaska — where the C-17 crew was based — said choosing to refuel in Glasgow and stay at a posh property a half hour away would be unusual for such a mission. Typically, the official said, air crews stay on a military base while in transit or at nearby lodgings “unless all the hotels are booked or there is a Scottish sheep festival going on.”

PostPosted: September 6 19, 8:30 pm 
Replies Authoritatively

lukethedrifter wrote:
Also, i blame you reality tv watchers for Trump.

Trump had been a celebrity since the eighties, his persona shaped by the best-selling book “The Art of the Deal.” But his business had foundered, and by 2003 he had become a garish figure of local interest—a punch line on Page Six. “The Apprentice” mythologized him anew, and on a much bigger scale, turning him into an icon of American success. Jay Bienstock, a longtime collaborator of Burnett’s, and the showrunner on “The Apprentice,” told me, “Mark always likes to compare his shows to great films or novels. All of Mark’s shows feel bigger than life, and this is by design.” Burnett has made many programs since “The Apprentice,” among them “Shark Tank,” a startup competition based on a Japanese show, and “The Voice,” a singing contest adapted from a Dutch program. In June, he became the chairman of M-G-M Television. But his chief legacy is to have cast a serially bankrupt carnival barker in the role of a man who might plausibly become the leader of the free world. “I don’t think any of us could have known what this would become,” Katherine Walker, a producer on the first five seasons of “The Apprentice,” told me. “But Donald would not be President had it not been for that show.”

PostPosted: September 6 19, 9:13 pm 
Mayor of GRB

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5451 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 535, 536, 537, 538, 539, 540, 541 ... 546  Next