GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently January 18 20, 1:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: New DNC chair
PostPosted: February 25 17, 8:45 pm 
Snayke's Bottomline

National Review wrote:
Conservative policy experts who have followed his work in the Justice and Labor Departments consider him perhaps the Obama administration’s most radical and relentless ideologue.

I guess opponents' critiques only matter when they align with preferred narratives.

Carry on everybody.

PostPosted: February 25 17, 8:47 pm 
Don't tone police me bro!

Perez is far from the worst guy for the job. But Ellison was the clear choice. End of story. The fact that 230something Democratic National Committee people couldn't see this makes them ignorant and arrogant. The fact that the Obama administration felt the need to recruit one of Their Guys to send a loud message to Sanders' activists to go sit in a corner makes them ignorant and arrogant. The fact that Tom himself decided he needed to run in the first place is ignorant and arrogant. The fact that insider Democrats don't view this as a devastating blow to the future of their party is ignorant and arrogant.

Last edited by Schlich on February 25 17, 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: February 25 17, 8:47 pm 

Farewell Friends wrote:
National Review wrote:
Conservative policy experts who have followed his work in the Justice and Labor Departments consider him perhaps the Obama administration’s most radical and relentless ideologue.

I guess opponents' critiques only matter when they align with preferred narratives.

Carry on everybody.

quit trolling.

PostPosted: February 25 17, 8:50 pm 
Snayke's Bottomline

Sorry, but I don't think not caring about DNC chair or thinking the election of Perez, who has gone from boogeyman progressive to squishy incompetent, means the death of the party makes me arrogant.

PostPosted: February 25 17, 8:51 pm 
Snayke's Bottomline

Schlich wrote:
Farewell Friends wrote:
National Review wrote:

Carry on everybody.

quit trolling.

It's not trolling to point these things out.

PostPosted: February 25 17, 9:06 pm 

Farewell Friends wrote:
Sorry, but I don't think not caring about DNC chair or thinking the election of Perez, who has gone from boogeyman progressive to squishy incompetent, means the death of the party makes me arrogant.

Farewell Friends wrote:
If he's not the next chair, they have learned nothing.

PostPosted: February 25 17, 9:21 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

Schlich wrote:
Perez is far from the worst guy for the job. But Ellison was the clear choice. End of story. The fact that 230something Democratic National Committee people couldn't see this makes them ignorant and arrogant. The fact that the Obama administration felt the need to recruit one of Their Guys to send a loud message to Sanders' activists to go sit in a corner makes them ignorant and arrogant. The fact that Tom himself decided he needed to run in the first place is ignorant and arrogant. The fact that insider Democrats don't view this as a devastating blow to the future of their party is ignorant and arrogant.

I think you're response is arrogant and I'm not sure who should be DNC chair.

PostPosted: February 25 17, 9:22 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Schlich wrote:
ghostrunner wrote:

I preferred him but like I mentioned upthread he's not squeaky clean. Seems to me like there was pretty broad agreement on strategy going forward for all the nominees, and for what the DNC chair does Perez isn't likely to be a lot different.

It doesn't really matter if their strategies are similar. They are different people, have different histories, different politics. How people respond to what they are saying based on who they are matters when building a strong party.

Why would the white house lobby for a new candidate with the same strategy???

Perez has run large orgs before but also yeah, maybe some feel he's safer. That's what elections are for. He won 235-200, and Ellison is deputy chair. It's not like those 200 people or Ellison are going to disappear from the party. I think some of the Ellison arguments overestimate his outsider status. He's been around for a while now, and has his share of corporate donors. It seems like only one outcome was acceptable, and that's not how any election works.

Moreover, Obama was just the outgoing popular president who had a big grassroots following 8 years ago. I'll concede he and the party dropped the ball on keeping that momentum going, but I don't think it's fair to lump his admin in with the Clinton wing of the party, which seems to be the implication.

Last edited by ghostrunner on February 25 17, 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: February 25 17, 9:46 pm 
Snayke's Bottomline

Schlich wrote:
Farewell Friends wrote:

Farewell Friends wrote:
If he's not the next chair, they have learned nothing.

Touché. I also said that two days after a grotesque general election and feared some milquetoast moderate without a vision. I think Ellison would've been fantastic. I think Perez is fantastic. They scare the right people, which is what I meant when I said I didn't care who won.

PostPosted: February 25 17, 9:46 pm 

lukethedrifter wrote:
Schlich wrote:

I think you're response is arrogant and I'm not sure who should be DNC chair.

Probably. Don't care. Tired of Democrats' self sabotage.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next