GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently August 22 19, 3:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1740 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 170, 171, 172, 173, 174
PostPosted: July 12 19, 9:25 pm 
Perennial All-Star

Good. Now Jim Acosta can rep the Acosta name again. (Both Acostas are of Cuban descent.)

PostPosted: July 16 19, 8:40 am 
darjeeling sipping elite

I read that Mulvaney and his ilk wanted Acosta gone bc he wasn’t deregulating at a swift enough pace. So they still win.

PostPosted: July 16 19, 12:23 pm 
99% conan clips

PostPosted: July 16 19, 12:59 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Jocephus wrote:

Man, she does not look healthy. There's no Kellyane.v picture of Dorian Gray in her attic.

PostPosted: July 18 19, 10:38 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

lukethedrifter wrote:
I read that Mulvaney and his ilk wanted Acosta gone bc he wasn’t deregulating at a swift enough pace. So they still win.

PostPosted: July 29 19, 6:09 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

Oh look, another liar.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna10 ... ssion=true

PostPosted: July 30 19, 3:46 pm 

Oh look, another person overseeing a public asset they want to destroy.
https://www.sltrib.com/news/nation-world/2019/07/30/william-perry-pendley/
Quote:
An ardent critic of the federal government who has argued for selling off almost all public lands has been named the Trump administration’s top steward over nearly a quarter-million federally controlled acres, raising new questions about the administration’s intentions for vast Western ranges and other lands roamed by hunters, hikers and wildlife.

PostPosted: July 30 19, 4:57 pm 
bronoun enthusiast

Quote:
raising new questions about the administration’s intentions

Weird phrasing. Certainly doesn't raise any questions for me. It's pretty obvious what their intentions are. Wish people would just communicate obvious conclusions rather than these veiled hedges.

PostPosted: August 7 19, 2:16 pm 

Supposedly the only decent person to ever be part of Trump's cabinet/staff - Mad Dog Mattis as Trump called him - is going back to General Dynamics, enjoying the fruits. Ala Dick Cheney. what a scam

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/08/07/jim-mattis-general-dynamics-defense-contractor-3702067
at least unlike Trump himself he had to get off the taxpayer dollar self-dealing gravy train for a while. GOP congress holds the president to no ethical standard whatsoever.
Quote:
Mattis first joined the GD board in August 2013 after retiring from the Marine Corps. He was required to resign from the board, divest his stock and recuse himself from all matters involving the company for one year when he became the Pentagon’s top civilian in January 2017.

PostPosted: August 13 19, 3:02 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Seriously [expletive] these people so [expletive] much

Trump official revises Statue of Liberty poem to defend migrant rule change

Quote:
On Tuesday, Mr Cuccinelli was asked by NPR whether the 1883 poem titled The New Colossus at the Statue of Liberty on New York's Ellis Island still applied.

"Would you also agree that Emma Lazarus's words etched on the Statue of Liberty, 'Give me your tired, give me your poor,' are also a part of the American ethos?" asked NPR's Rachel Martin.

"They certainly are," Mr Cuccinelli responded. "Give me your tired and your poor - who can stand on their own two feet and who will not become a public charge."

"That plaque was put on the Statue of Liberty at almost the same time as the first public charge [law] was passed - very interesting timing," he added.

The actual passage reads in part: "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

In the interview, he added that immigrants are welcome "who can stand on their own two feet, be self-sufficient, pull themselves up by their bootstraps, again, as in the American tradition".

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1740 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 170, 171, 172, 173, 174