GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently April 19 19, 6:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1640 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159 ... 164  Next
PostPosted: January 14 19, 9:05 am 
99% conan clips

heck of a title

PostPosted: January 14 19, 9:26 am 
Replies Authoritatively

One of the most important things to know about William Barr is that he, under George HW, pushed HARD for the pardons of Reagan cronies who were convicted for Iran-Contra stuff. Most of those guys IIRC were convicted of things like fraud, withholding evidence, perjury. HW pardoned them all in the last days of his presidency.

So we have a POTUS who it seems more and more likely every day has committed fraud, has lied, his people have lied, they have committed fraud and perjury. We have this stuff that is fraud- and deceit-based that is threatening to take down his presidency. And that POTUS would like very much to install a AG who has a history of pushing a POTUS to pardon perjurers, liars, fraudsters, and those who withhold evidence to Congress.

Another instance of stuff we should be utterly outraged about but are numb to all of this crap by now and just don't have the energy or time to do anything about all of it, seemingly. Cool, right?

PostPosted: January 14 19, 9:33 am 
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

I don't know how to reconcile Barr's critical editorial on the special counsel investigation with the reports that he and Mueller are BFF.

PostPosted: January 14 19, 9:44 am 
Replies Authoritatively

G. Keenan wrote:
I don't know how to reconcile Barr's critical editorial on the special counsel investigation with the reports that he and Mueller are BFF.

RBG and Scalia were BFF too that just means that some people are able to put politics aside not that we should trust Barr to change his tiger stripes because Mueller is on the other side IMO.

PostPosted: January 15 19, 2:20 pm 
99% conan clips

barr's not recusing himself and believes himself to be above partisanship which is concerning but i suppose from what i've heard he's being pretty neutral. certainly not a brett K. that said, all these senators complimenting his grandson, puke

PostPosted: January 15 19, 2:23 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

Jocephus wrote:
barr's not recusing himself and believes himself to be above partisanship which is concerning but i suppose from what i've heard he's being pretty neutral. certainly not a brett K. that said, all these senators complimenting his grandson, puke

It’s the old “I’m too rich to need to care about money” excuse

PostPosted: January 18 19, 1:54 pm 
99% conan clips

PostPosted: January 22 19, 2:37 pm 
Perennial All-Star

"They're mean to us, so don't talk to them" is basically what Trump has told Huckabee-Sanders:

Quote:
President Donald Trump said he told Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders “not to bother” with press briefings, once a staple of media coverage of the White House that have instead become a rarity.

Trump tweeted on Tuesday morning, “the reason Sarah Sanders does not go to the ‘podium’ much anymore is that the press covers her so rudely & inaccurately, in particular certain members of the press. I told her not to bother, the word gets out anyway! Most will never cover us fairly & hence, the term, Fake News!”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/trump-says-told-sarah-huckabee-162631243.html

PostPosted: January 24 19, 9:56 am 
99% conan clips

PostPosted: January 24 19, 10:13 am 
bronoun enthusiast

60% bad faith.
40% out of touch, rich dumbass.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1640 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159 ... 164  Next