GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently June 17 19, 1:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1722 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173  Next
PostPosted: May 23 19, 12:26 pm 
Consider him admonished

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:
Is it so much to ask that Cabinet Secretaries be interested in their job?

They are interested. In gutting their departments. That's their job. Isn't that right, libertarian friends?

I wouldn’t even begin to try and guess Trump’s motivation for hiring a doctor for HUD.

I think libertarians would argue the merits of having HUD, Dept of Education, Dept of Energy etc etc. but once they’re established I’m not sure hiring someone unqualified for the position is beneficial for anyone.

PostPosted: May 23 19, 12:38 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

Tim wrote:
Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:

They are interested. In gutting their departments. That's their job. Isn't that right, libertarian friends?

I wouldn’t even begin to try and guess Trump’s motivation for hiring a doctor for HUD.

I think libertarians would argue the merits of having HUD, Dept of Education, Dept of Energy etc etc. but once they’re established I’m not sure hiring someone unqualified for the position is beneficial for anyone.

It’s the first step to the libertarian utopia. Free market fetishism as national religion.

PostPosted: May 23 19, 12:43 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Tim wrote:
Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:

Just yanking your chain.

Though get rid of these depts by wrecking them was the intent with these appts, IMO. Just as is starving the beast strategy with Soc Sec Medicare on down to food stamps. Got to make program cuts to pay for DoD and the tax cuts.

Is Bannon a libertarian?. I think it was his rolodex that got these nominations.

The EPA and Interior appointments have been oil and gas industry giveaways. The corruption isn't even veiled.

PostPosted: May 23 19, 12:54 pm 
Perennial All-Star

Bannon always struck me as more of a racist anarchist than a libertarian.

PostPosted: May 23 19, 1:01 pm 
Hall Of Famer

These votes are inexcusable. There was no reason to think he was qualified.

Quote:
Democratic Sens. Joe Manchin (W.Va.), Mark Warner (Va.), Heidi Heitkamp (N.D.), Sherrod Brown (Ohio), Jon Tester (Mont.), Joe Donnelly (Ind.) and Independent Sen. Angus King (Maine) joined all Republicans in backing Carson.

PostPosted: May 23 19, 1:03 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

ghostrunner wrote:
These votes are inexcusable. There was no reason to think he was qualified.

Quote:
Democratic Sens. Joe Manchin (W.Va.), Mark Warner (Va.), Heidi Heitkamp (N.D.), Sherrod Brown (Ohio), Jon Tester (Mont.), Joe Donnelly (Ind.) and Independent Sen. Angus King (Maine) joined all Republicans in backing Carson.

All trying to keep their jobs exc King who is an R in reality. Brown though????

PostPosted: May 24 19, 10:18 am 
99% conan clips

PostPosted: May 24 19, 10:25 am 
Perennial All-Star

Pelosi's "lol I don't negotiate with the help" line made me laugh.

PostPosted: May 28 19, 6:49 am 
99% conan clips

PostPosted: May 28 19, 10:25 am 
Hall Of Famer

Kushner Cos. Gets $800 Million Federally Backed Apartment Loan
Quote:
Kushner Cos., the real estate firm owned by the family of President Donald Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner, has received about $800 million in federally backed debt to buy apartments in Maryland and Virginia -- the company’s biggest purchase in a decade.

The loan was issued by Berkadia, a lender co-owned by Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway Inc. and Jefferies Financial Group Inc., in a deal that’s backed by government-owned Freddie Mac, according to a person familiar with the matter who asked not to be named discussing the private transaction.

The arrangement increases the government’s exposure to Kushner Cos. at the same time that its former chief executive officer is one of the most powerful people in the White House. Jared Kushner divested ownership in many of the company’s assets to close family members when he joined the government. Kushner Cos. had more than $500 million in loans from Fannie and Freddie at that time.

Spokespeople for Kushner Cos., Berkadia and Freddie Mac didn’t respond to requests for comment. Peter Mirijanian, a spokesman for Jared Kushner’s attorney Abbe Lowell, has frequently said that Kushner has no involvement in the company’s management.

“As part of an ethics agreement he has and has followed, Mr. Kushner has had no role in the Kushner Companies or its activities since joining the government over two years ago,” Mirijanian said in a February email when Bloomberg first reported on the government’s potential involvement. “He is walled off from any business or investment decisions and has no idea or knowledge of these activities."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1722 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173  Next