GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently September 21 18, 12:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 684 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 69  Next
PostPosted: February 14 18, 11:18 am 
99% conan clips

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
According toThe Hill, her name is Lissa Lucas and she is a candidate for the WV 7th House district. If you want to contribute.

Quote:
On her personal blog, Lucas wrote that as she tried to give her remarks in defense of "constitutional property rights," she was "dragged out of House chambers."

“Allow me to point out that if Delegates genuinely think that my talking about who their campaign donors are ― and how much they’re receiving from corporate lobbyists/corporate PACs ― is an ad hominem attack … then they should be refusing those donations," she wrote.

She also wrote that lawmakers should refuse any donation that, "if someone mentions it, makes you feel personally attacked."

“Because that’s not an attack. That’s guilt. And you SHOULD be feeling that. Let that guilt about who you’re really working for inform your votes; don’t let the corporate money do it.”

PostPosted: February 14 18, 11:32 am 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
According toThe Hill, her name is Lissa Lucas and she is a candidate for the WV 7th House district. If you want to contribute.

I give a few random donations to candidates like this, but then realistically how useful is my $25 go for Iron Stache vs $1.5 million Paul Ryan gets from Koch's and Ricketts.

PostPosted: February 27 18, 11:12 am 
'Burb Boy

PostPosted: April 7 18, 6:20 am 
'Burb Boy

Quote:
The Department of Homeland Security wants to compile a database to monitor hundreds of thousands of news outlets and journalists around the world.

Bloomberg Law reports that DHS is looking for a contractor to help build the database and keep track of more than 290,000 news sources, collecting data about each source’s "sentiment," influence, language, and circulation. The data would allow the agency to identify "any and all" coverage related to a particular event, DHS officials told Bloomberg Law.

http://theweek.com/speedreads/765665/ho ... ournalists

PostPosted: April 9 18, 9:28 am 
Perennial All-Star

MrCrowesGarden wrote:
Quote:
The Department of Homeland Security wants to compile a database to monitor hundreds of thousands of news outlets and journalists around the world.

Bloomberg Law reports that DHS is looking for a contractor to help build the database and keep track of more than 290,000 news sources, collecting data about each source’s "sentiment," influence, language, and circulation. The data would allow the agency to identify "any and all" coverage related to a particular event, DHS officials told Bloomberg Law.

http://theweek.com/speedreads/765665/ho ... ournalists

That's not troubling in the least! :shock:

PostPosted: April 30 18, 7:17 am 
Hall Of Famer

PostPosted: April 30 18, 7:17 am 
Hall Of Famer

PostPosted: April 30 18, 7:44 am 
Hall Of Famer

He's not stupid or over his head. He is evil and needs to be stopped. [expletive] like the performance at the Press Dinner doesn't help. it actually plays right in to these people's hands.

Here's another thing that is really beginning to piss me off. Here's an op-ed from a former director of the CIA under Bush II. It's just another long lament that Trumpists are ruining the State Department and intelligence communities. Hey Mr Hayden, you are exactly the kind of person who needs to get off his ass and do something. Because you have the connections to get to the right people.

I don't laugh anymore at this administration. I am looking for those in the position to do something to do something. i don't think it can wait until what's left of the democratic process takes its final stab at it this November.

PostPosted: April 30 18, 8:22 am 
Hall Of Famer

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
He's not stupid or over his head. He is evil and needs to be stopped. [expletive] like the performance at the Press Dinner doesn't help. it actually plays right in to these people's hands.

Here's another thing that is really beginning to piss me off. Here's an op-ed from a former director of the CIA under Bush II. It's just another long lament that Trumpists are ruining the State Department and intelligence communities. Hey Mr Hayden, you are exactly the kind of person who needs to get off his ass and do something. Because you have the connections to get to the right people.

I don't laugh anymore at this administration. I am looking for those in the position to do something to do something. i don't think it can wait until what's left of the democratic process takes its final stab at it this November.

It's not just Trump. The people surrounding him also have this tendency to cut back on Democracy.

PostPosted: April 30 18, 8:30 am 
Hall Of Famer

pioneer98 wrote:
Joe Shlabotnik wrote:

It's not just Trump. The people surrounding him also have this tendency to cut back on Democracy.

Oh yes. We need regime change. No question.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 684 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 69  Next