GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently September 19 19, 4:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 874 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 88  Next
PostPosted: March 7 19, 8:55 am 
Hall Of Famer

The pictures with an "X" over them were pretty chilling. I know it means they just had credentials revoked or something, but is it a foreshadowing of something worse? If you gave me those pictures with the X with no context, I'd assume they were dead.

PostPosted: March 7 19, 3:15 pm 
99% conan clips

PostPosted: March 14 19, 3:58 pm 
Hall Of Famer

From 2012:

Revealed: how the FBI coordinated the crackdown on Occupy
Quote:
New documents prove what was once dismissed as paranoid fantasy: totally integrated corporate-state repression of dissent
Quote:
It was more sophisticated than we had imagined: new documents show that the violent crackdown on Occupy last fall – so mystifying at the time – was not just coordinated at the level of the FBI, the Department of Homeland Security, and local police. The crackdown, which involved, as you may recall, violent arrests, group disruption, canister missiles to the skulls of protesters, people held in handcuffs so tight they were injured, people held in bondage till they were forced to wet or soil themselves –was coordinated with the big banks themselves.

The Partnership for Civil Justice Fund, in a groundbreaking scoop that should once more shame major US media outlets (why are nonprofits now some of the only entities in America left breaking major civil liberties news?), filed this request. The document – reproduced here in an easily searchable format – shows a terrifying network of coordinated DHS, FBI, police, regional fusion center, and private-sector activity so completely merged into one another that the monstrous whole is, in fact, one entity: in some cases, bearing a single name, the Domestic Security Alliance Council. And it reveals this merged entity to have one centrally planned, locally executed mission. The documents, in short, show the cops and DHS working for and with banks to target, arrest, and politically disable peaceful American citizens.

PostPosted: March 19 19, 12:25 pm 
99% conan clips

PostPosted: March 19 19, 12:55 pm 
Perennial All-Star

Jocephus wrote:

This is appalling. Yet I find myself unable to really be outraged anymore. I think I have hit the big giant IDGAFA wall.

PostPosted: March 20 19, 10:27 am 
99% conan clips

PostPosted: March 20 19, 12:32 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Well there you have it.

Wow

Jocephus wrote:

PostPosted: March 21 19, 10:07 pm 
Hall Of Famer

You either have to allow Nazis to speak on your campus, or give up federal grants.

Trump signs executive order on campus free speech

PostPosted: March 23 19, 7:48 am 
99% conan clips

PostPosted: March 23 19, 1:36 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Yup. Nothing - and I mean nothing - has disabused me of the belief that this fascist regime only ends with violence. Not because the rest of us start it, but because those who support this fascism will not transfer power no matter what the will of the majority may be.

Of course that's assuming the majority don't want a dictator. I'm not so sure.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 874 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 88  Next