GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently August 19 18, 3:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 594 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 60  Next
PostPosted: December 21 17, 9:33 am 
Everday Unicorn

pioneer98 wrote:
This is really something

Every single day I see something that makes me say "Jesus Christ, what the [expletive] has happened to our country." This one takes the cake. [expletive] actual Nazi propaganda coming straight from the White House.

[expletive]. [expletive]. We, as a country, are now a [expletive] country.

PostPosted: December 21 17, 9:39 am 
Everday Unicorn

And every day I ask myself, "Is this still a safe place for me and my family? If it is, for how long? How will I know if it is not, and what will we do if so?"

German Jews asked themselves that question every day in the 30s. Some left, some did not. Some survived, most did not.

In short, we're working on a plan. I never thought I'd need to do that, but we do and we are.

PostPosted: December 21 17, 10:43 am 
Perennial All-Star

heyzeus wrote:
And every day I ask myself, "Is this still a safe place for me and my family? If it is, for how long? How will I know if it is not, and what will we do if so?"

German Jews asked themselves that question every day in the 30s. Some left, some did not. Some survived, most did not.

In short, we're working on a plan. I never thought I'd need to do that, but we do and we are.

The fact that this country makes you feel this way enrages me. It's almost 20 [expletive] 18. I'm sorry man. This is scary shtt.

PostPosted: December 21 17, 10:50 am 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

At the end of our street, we've got full-on MAGA NRA Don't Tread on Me dude living in a dismal house with windows blackened out with hefty bags or dark sheeting. It doesn't look like a happy life FWIW. It blows my mind that guys like this, with their allies in the Neo Nazi movement and Christian right. hold sway in America.

PostPosted: December 21 17, 12:02 pm 
Hall Of Famer

heyzeus wrote:

I am really sorry you have to contemplate this [expletive]. Just crazy.

In this vain, I want to ask a question: What do you and others in the Jewish community think of Netanyahu and the Israeli government who back the American Fascists? Seems ironic to me how close Netanyahu is to these white supremicists.

PostPosted: December 21 17, 2:06 pm 
Everday Unicorn

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
heyzeus wrote:

In this vain, I want to ask a question: What do you and others in the Jewish community think of Netanyahu and the Israeli government who back the American Fascists? Seems ironic to me how close Netanyahu is to these white supremicists.

I personally think he's a lunatic, and he's building alliances with dangerous people that want to eliminate Jewish people altogether. I also feel like he and his right wing, pro-settlements, anti-two-state-solution fanatics are doing for Israel what GWB did for America post-9/11. Jews suffered the Holocaust; Americans suffered Sept. 11. Both the U.S. and Israel, after their respective tragedy, had the sympathy and support of the entire world. And both countries squandered it by giving in to the worst tendencies of humanity: fear, warmongering, xenophobia, and thirst for vengeance over justice.

Now Israel is an international pariah, and nothing they do -- even if possibly justified -- will find support in the international community. Which in turn only exacerbates general negative treatment of Jews throughout the world, because like it or not, there is at least the perception that Israel=Judaism.

PostPosted: December 21 17, 3:00 pm 
has a link from 538 to share

PostPosted: December 21 17, 9:51 pm 
Perennial All-Star

I didn't know Don Jr. has 5 kids.

PostPosted: December 22 17, 7:34 am 
Hall Of Famer

Is Donald Sr. the only one of his siblings with kids?

PostPosted: December 22 17, 8:14 am 
Hall Of Famer

heyzeus wrote:
Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
heyzeus wrote:

I personally think he's a lunatic, and he's building alliances with dangerous people that want to eliminate Jewish people altogether. I also feel like he and his right wing, pro-settlements, anti-two-state-solution fanatics are doing for Israel what GWB did for America post-9/11. Jews suffered the Holocaust; Americans suffered Sept. 11. Both the U.S. and Israel, after their respective tragedy, had the sympathy and support of the entire world. And both countries squandered it by giving in to the worst tendencies of humanity: fear, warmongering, xenophobia, and thirst for vengeance over justice.

Now Israel is an international pariah, and nothing they do -- even if possibly justified -- will find support in the international community. Which in turn only exacerbates general negative treatment of Jews throughout the world, because like it or not, there is at least the perception that Israel=Judaism.

Thanks this was an interesting perspective. I hadn't thought of it quite like that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 594 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 60  Next