GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently April 22 18, 12:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1355 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128 ... 136  Next
 Post subject: Re: Trump and Russia
PostPosted: March 13 18, 3:01 pm 
Everday Unicorn

Freed Roger wrote:
heyzeus wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:
The house shutting things down finally gets their obstruction out of the way.

That's right. It just closes down an incompetent propaganda machine. The House committee was like the little yappy dog dancing around the feet of Mueller's 85 pound pit bull.

It seems Mueller will get pretty close to Trump on racketeering stuff-bank fraud, tax fraud, and probably the treasonous aspects involving Russia(and Turkey?).

What is the jurisdiction for Mueller's body of work? What sort of court do his findings on Trump go to? I am guessing Congress gets the treason part.

With the party over country GOP in control- this is shaping up to be a Constututional Crisis like none seen before. (Save for Civil War). This will go back to the whole bullshet enchilada the bullshet country was founded upon -a nation of.laws, no Kings and equal due process blah blah blah.

Granted, I am far more cynical about the Deity of the founder fathers than most - but as it progresses -the whole damn Constitution could become toilet paper... all on account of a reality tv show fraudster.

Here's the problem. We're in somewhat uncharted waters. Most experts don't believe a sitting president can be indicted and tried in a criminal court of law. Instead, he has to be impeached by the House and convicted by the Senate.

However, there's some question as to whether that applies to state law crimes as well. Allegedly, NY AG Schneiderman is putting together financial crimes, possibly in coordination with Mueller. This serves the added purpose of leading to state law convictions that Trump cannot touch with federal pardon powers.

My guess: Mueller issues a massive, exhaustive report late summer/early fall detailing the wide ranging crimes of Trump, his closest associates, and his family. Obstruction of justice, conspiracy against the United States, RICO, perjury. The report will strongly recommend impeachment and conviction. We're about to see the modern defining test of our democracy: What Congress, post-midterms, does with this information.

If the answer is "nothing," we're a lot cause for a generation, and it may take bloodshed to get our government back.

PostPosted: March 15 18, 12:15 pm 
99% conan clips

Quote:
Mueller Subpoenas Trump Organization, Demanding Documents About Russia

By MICHAEL S. SCHMIDT and MAGGIE HABERMANMARCH 15, 2018

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/15/us/p ... ussia.html

PostPosted: March 15 18, 2:12 pm 
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

The scuttlebutt yesterday on Twitter was that Trump is going to fire Sessions and replace him with Scott Pruitt from EPA. Because Pruitt has already been approved for a cabinet post he does not require another approval from the Senate. Pruitt will then fire Mueller.

If that happens, I don't know what to say. We will have a dictator in the making, abetted by a traitorous GOP Congress.

PostPosted: March 15 18, 2:15 pm 
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

G. Keenan wrote:
The scuttlebutt yesterday on Twitter was that Trump is going to fire Sessions and replace him with Scott Pruitt from EPA. Because Pruitt has already been approved for a cabinet post he does not require another approval from the Senate. Pruitt will then fire Mueller.

If that happens, I don't know what to say. We will have a dictator in the making, abetted by a traitorous GOP Congress.

If this happens, one we need to be in the streets burning [expletive] to the ground. Two the major news networks need to get Mueller on at prime time, all of them, and give him an hour to lay out the case against Trump. Then we the people give the GOP a day to get rid of Trump and all the rest of them or we get a million of us to march on Washington end this.

PostPosted: March 15 18, 2:20 pm 
Perennial All-Star

There is some sort of thing you can sign up for that will text you if/when Mueller is fired. There are plans for action in every city across the country. If he is fired in the morning, the action is supposed to be that day at noon (I think). If he's fired later in the day, the action is the next day at 10 am. If/when this happens, it will be more people out protesting than this country has ever seen. It will dwarf the first women's march.

If you're interested, I'll try to find it. It's been a while since I signed up for it.

PostPosted: March 15 18, 2:33 pm 

GeddyWrox wrote:
There is some sort of thing you can sign up for that will text you if/when Mueller is fired. There are plans for action in every city across the country. If he is fired in the morning, the action is supposed to be that day at noon (I think). If he's fired later in the day, the action is the next day at 10 am. If/when this happens, it will be more people out protesting than this country has ever seen. It will dwarf the first women's march.

If you're interested, I'll try to find it. It's been a while since I signed up for it.

I'm interested, but I have a feeling it would just be me showing up in my town.

PostPosted: March 15 18, 2:35 pm 
Perennial All-Star

IMADreamer wrote:
GeddyWrox wrote:

I'm interested, but I have a feeling it would just be me showing up in my town.

https://www.trumpisnotabovethelaw.org/e ... se/search/
I had the times wrong.....

Quote:
Rallies will begin just hours after national events are triggered:

- If actions are triggered BEFORE 2 p.m. local time —> events will begin @ 5 p.m. local time.
- If actions are triggered AFTER 2 p.m. local time —> events will begin @ noon local time the following day.

This is the general plan—please confirm details on your event page, as individual hosts may tailor their events to their local plan.

PostPosted: March 15 18, 3:31 pm 
Perennial All-Star

Now I'm really confused as to why Tillerson was fired:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43419809

If it was for speaking out against Russia, then why do this 3 days later?

PostPosted: March 18 18, 10:47 am 
Hall Of Famer

Lindsey Graham said today that if Trump fired Mueller, it would "be the beginning of the end of his Presidency." He also wants to open hearings into McCabe's firing.

This is the kind of thing we need to see from the GOP in Washington.

I'm almost hopeful but, who the hell know, could be just smoke.

PostPosted: March 18 18, 11:34 am 

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
Lindsey Graham said today that if Trump fired Mueller, it would "be the beginning of the end of his Presidency." He also wants to open hearings into McCabe's firing.

This is the kind of thing we need to see from the GOP in Washington.

I'm almost hopeful but, who the hell know, could be just smoke.

[expletive] Lindsey Graham. He won't do anything, he could now if he wanted to.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1355 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128 ... 136  Next