GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently November 19 18, 10:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2078 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172 ... 208  Next
PostPosted: July 17 18, 2:54 pm 
Perennial All-Star

gas·light
ˈɡaslīt
verb
gerund or present participle: gaslighting
manipulate (someone) by psychological means into questioning their own sanity.
"in the first episode, Karen Valentine is being gaslighted by her husband"

PostPosted: July 17 18, 2:55 pm 
99% conan clips

PostPosted: July 17 18, 3:00 pm 
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Popeye_Card wrote:
One of the things that pisses me off about Trump is his absolutely horrible body language. He consistently crosses his arms during meetings and press conferences. And not when he's in any sort of deep contemplation.

Of the bosses/leaders you have had in your careers, how many consistently cross their arms in meetings where they are not carefully contemplating a response? If our CEO crossed his arms during one of our company "town hall" updates, my immediate reaction would be "whoa...WTF?".

Then again, pretty much everything Trump does is the epitome of a poor leader.

Look at the body language in Helsinki as they were walking up to the podiums. Putin confidently strides in, beaming like he had just won a major victory. Trump shuffled in like a chided schoolboy who was going to have to scrub toilets to pay for his insubordination.

PostPosted: July 17 18, 4:09 pm 
Consider him admonished

Jeremy Peters of The NY Times was on The Federalist Radio Hour today and made a great point. Most Americans don’t know why we should hate Putin. Americans hear Trump make a false moral equivalency and Americans think “Yeah we do do a lot of bad things” and move on about their day. Neither party has done a good job educating the electorate about why Putin is such a vile person.

Then again, most Americans probably care more about the Kardashians and LeBron

PostPosted: July 17 18, 4:58 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

Tim wrote:
Jeremy Peters of The NY Times was on The Federalist Radio Hour today and made a great point. Most Americans don’t know why we should hate Putin. Americans hear Trump make a false moral equivalency and Americans think “Yeah we do do a lot of bad things” and move on about their day. Neither party has done a good job educating the electorate about why Putin is such a vile person.

I guess if you avoid reading world news you could miss that Putin is a tyrant. I think we are learning that Americans are pretty okay with tyrants.
In all fairness, we have been fine with tyrants for some time as long as they are on our side.

PostPosted: July 17 18, 6:00 pm 
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

ghostrunner wrote:
I honestly didn’t think he directly colluded and it needn’t be that sinister to be a scandal, but he keeps going deeper into “protest too much” territory.

This mofo colluded. The tendrils from Russia go so deep into business life and now his political life, up to his own son. Then you have all the people who worked for him. Then you even have the outside groups like the NRA palling around with Russian intelligence. Somewhere in there, Trump knew. And if not, then like 50 other American Republicans did.

PostPosted: July 17 18, 6:34 pm 
Replies Authoritatively

Jocephus wrote:
Quote:
I have full faith and support for America’s great intelligence agencies and I have felt very strongly that while Russia’s actions had no impact at all on the outcome of the election...I accept our intelligence community’s conclusion that Russia’s meddling in the 2016 election took place. Could be other people also. Lotta people out there. There was no collusion at all.

still has a qualifier, once again proving if you voted for this guy you are an idiot.

Or a racist.

PostPosted: July 17 18, 6:52 pm 
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

Tim wrote:

Yeah, all those geriatrics too busy watching the NBA to remember Russia has never been our friend.

PostPosted: July 17 18, 6:57 pm 
'Burb Boy

This went just like Charlottesville

Day 1: Say something incredibly offensive and wrong
Day 2: Try to walk it back when it doesn't go over well

Tomorrow he'll fly off the rails when people don't buy his [expletive]

PostPosted: July 18 18, 12:06 am 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Tim wrote:

yes. Stupidity is encouraged by the GOP.
Quote:
Eastern Missouri Republican Representative Ann Wagner praised what she called “efforts to improve diplomatic relations with Russia”, but said she supported sanctions against the country for meddling in American elections

Efforts to Improve diplomacy eh.? Sanctions...that aren't enforced.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2078 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172 ... 208  Next