GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently June 26 19, 3:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2724 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 250, 251, 252, 253, 254, 255, 256 ... 273  Next
PostPosted: March 22 19, 5:44 pm 
Hall Of Famer

It's going to be a big letdown for a lot of people. I'm scared too but I was already scared even without this. Nothing is going to happen unless people are in the streets. Will they be?

PostPosted: March 22 19, 6:05 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Arthur Dent wrote:
greenback44 wrote:
The conclusion has been there for everyone to see for months.

TPIR_faillhorns.wav?

Pretty much. I would have guessed people who make fun of Q-Anon would have grasped this sooner, but instead it appears cognitive dissonance will take us into the next phase of denial.

PostPosted: March 22 19, 10:05 pm 
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

pioneer98 wrote:
It's going to be a big letdown for a lot of people. I'm scared too but I was already scared even without this. Nothing is going to happen unless people are in the streets. Will they be?

Nope, and even then unless those streets are in the rich neighborhoods and they are on fire nothing will happen. The GOP has figured out that literally nothing can stop them. This report changes nothing and with social media already flooded with "no indictments mean Trump is vindicated" posts the report means nothing.

The MAGA [expletive] will never see the light of day. [expletive] them all.

PostPosted: March 22 19, 10:28 pm 
Perennial All-Star

pioneer98 wrote:

No. This has been a slow drip to land quietly.

The narrative that needs to be pushed is not the Mueller or Russian conspiring, it is a failing economy.

The tax cut failed, economy is heading towards recession, gas prices are increasing, personal debt is skyrocketing, health care costs are still going up and wages are stagnant. Low unemployment and the stock market can't reverse that

PostPosted: March 22 19, 10:39 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

UK wrote:
pioneer98 wrote:

No. This has been a slow drip to land quietly.

The narrative that needs to be pushed is not the Mueller or Russian conspiring, it is a failing economy.

The tax cut failed, economy is heading towards recession, gas prices are increasing, personal debt is skyrocketing, health care costs are still going up and wages are stagnant. Low unemployment and the stock market can't reverse that

Or narrative:
we elected a life long criminal family and unabashed racist to POTUS and GOP collective runs cover for him.

Even if the economy was great 4 % GDP, trains running on time tax cut utopia etc, I wouldnt give a [expletive]. People will always be fooled by some credit scheme to help them stay afloat bulls [expletive] and think things are better than they are....unless we hit full rock bottom, and then nothing matters then but how well you fare in Thunderdome.

Really, what I am getting at is that the economic breaking point for Avg US citizen is muddled. A mirage for most. As long as they have wifi cell etc and can make it to their next whatever, then all is good. Let Freedom Ring. it is all most have ever known.

PostPosted: March 23 19, 2:17 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Even Without Mueller’s Report, Congress Had All the Facts It Needed

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/03/without-mueller-report-congress-already-had-facts/585616/

Quote:
October 7, 2016, was the near-death experience of the Trump campaign. That Friday afternoon, David Fahrenthold of The Washington Post reported on an Access Hollywood tape in which Trump boasts of grabbing women.

Quote:
Less than one hour later, WikiLeaks dumped its largest and most damaging trove of hacked emails to and from Democratic operatives.

Quote:
...by the second week of October, WikiLeaks was profoundly engaging the U.S. voting public. Using the Google Trends tool, the website Five Thirty Eight tracked how public interest in the hacked emails surged.

PostPosted: March 23 19, 5:03 pm 
Hall Of Famer

PostPosted: March 24 19, 5:11 am 
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Location: Clowns to the left of me. Jokers to the right. Here I am.

It’s a good thing the House flipped.

PostPosted: March 24 19, 3:01 pm 
All-Star

“Special counsel Robert S. Mueller III did not find that Donald Trump’s campaign or any of his associates conspired with Russia in its efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election, according to a summary of Mueller’s findings sent to lawmakers Sunday.

“The Special Counsel’s investigation did not find that the Trump campaign or anyone associated with it conspired or coordinated with Russia in its efforts to influence the 2016 U.S. presidential election,” says the four-page summary by Attorney General William P. Barr.”

So it was a witch-hunt? LOL

PostPosted: March 24 19, 3:11 pm 
Hall Of Famer

MAGA wrote:
“Special counsel Robert S. Mueller III did not find that Donald Trump’s campaign or any of his associates conspired with Russia in its efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election, according to a summary of Mueller’s findings sent to lawmakers Sunday.

“The Special Counsel’s investigation did not find that the Trump campaign or anyone associated with it conspired or coordinated with Russia in its efforts to influence the 2016 U.S. presidential election,” says the four-page summary by Attorney General William P. Barr.”

So it was a witch-hunt? LOL

Cherry picking is beneath you.

Quote:
“While this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him,”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2724 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 250, 251, 252, 253, 254, 255, 256 ... 273  Next