GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently November 20 19, 11:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2769 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 252, 253, 254, 255, 256, 257, 258 ... 277  Next
PostPosted: March 24 19, 8:50 pm 
Hall Of Famer

What AOC is saying is great. But here's the thing...

Went bowling with the family this afternoon. Next to us was a guy in a tee shirt on the back of which was with the head of a hungry wolf surrounded by the slogan "Wolves don’t lose sleep over the opinion of Sheep".

Trump is the leader of a powerful minority that has no intention of engaging with - much less listening to - the likes of AOC or any other Democrat. Or anyone else who stands in the way. They are wolves. Like the old symbol of the Roman legions. These are American legionaires. They deserve the power that has come to them. They will never give it back.

PostPosted: March 24 19, 10:04 pm 
Perennial All-Star

Is anyone surprised by this....

Mueller wanted nothing to do with indicting Trump or those close to him.

Barr's report will come out looking like Hannity wrote it. He's been corrupted the entire process.

Mueller's report will basically conclude he obstructed without saying it but you have to connect the pieces.

They're going to fight like hell to have it released and the GOP will fight it and win.

Time to move on to 2020, perpetuating this issue only helps Trump next year.

PostPosted: March 24 19, 10:12 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
What AOC is saying is great. But here's the thing...

Went bowling with the family this afternoon. Next to us was a guy in a tee shirt on the back of which was with the head of a hungry wolf surrounded by the slogan "Wolves don’t lose sleep over the opinion of Sheep".

Trump is the leader of a powerful minority that has no intention of engaging with - much less listening to - the likes of AOC or any other Democrat. Or anyone else who stands in the way. They are wolves. Like the old symbol of the Roman legions. These are American legionaires. They deserve the power that has come to them. They will never give it back.

They won't give it back but it can be taken from them.

PostPosted: March 25 19, 7:28 am 
Replies Authoritatively

UK wrote:
Barr's report will come out looking like Hannity wrote it. He's been corrupted the entire process.

Wait you mean I shouldn't trust the guy who was put in charge of our criminal justice system during a job hunt whose primary qualification was "Will you obstruct the prosecution of your criminal boss?" ?

PostPosted: March 25 19, 1:42 pm 
Hall Of Famer

PostPosted: March 25 19, 4:35 pm 
Hall Of Famer

pioneer98 wrote:

Manafort's situation is instructive. He got away with all this [expletive] for decades, and his criminal behavior was so brazen that he apparently concluded that the law just didn't apply to him. If the Russians hadn't been so clumsy with their influence efforts, or if Trump had been even slightly judicious with his handling of Comey (or for that matter, if Comey had had a slightly smaller ego in the month before the election, and Clinton wins), then Manafort is still gallivanting around the world in ostrich feather jackets. That's insane.

PostPosted: March 25 19, 6:42 pm 
http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy

greenback44 wrote:
pioneer98 wrote:

Manafort's situation is instructive. He got away with all this [expletive] for decades, and his criminal behavior was so brazen that he apparently concluded that the law just didn't apply to him. If the Russians hadn't been so clumsy with their influence efforts, or if Trump had been even slightly judicious with his handling of Comey (or for that matter, if Comey had had a slightly smaller ego in the month before the election, and Clinton wins), then Manafort is still gallivanting around the world in ostrich feather jackets. That's insane.

Such an astute observation. This article from the New Yorker crystallizes how I feel about the Mueller report, https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-colu ... zGJlBU22Ek. I want to move on as quickly as possible to prevent Trump from leveraging "his persecution" in 2020.

PostPosted: March 25 19, 7:54 pm 
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

planet planet wrote:
greenback44 wrote:
pioneer98 wrote:

Such an astute observation. This article from the New Yorker crystallizes how I feel about the Mueller report, https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-colu ... zGJlBU22Ek. I want to move on as quickly as possible to prevent Trump from leveraging "his persecution" in 2020.

I bet he gets a decent bump in poll numbers. Then every Dem investigation after this just keeps them climbing. We are getting four more years of this and I think America is over. I just don't see how we survive another four years of this.

PostPosted: March 26 19, 6:47 am 
99% conan clips

where's "land of confusion" when you need it

PostPosted: March 26 19, 7:25 am 
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Location: Clowns to the left of me. Jokers to the right. Here I am.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2769 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 252, 253, 254, 255, 256, 257, 258 ... 277  Next