GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently September 19 19, 7:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2759 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 260, 261, 262, 263, 264, 265, 266 ... 276  Next
PostPosted: April 30 19, 9:59 am 
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Speaking of which, the ultra-wealthy must not take it too personally when they sue each other over money. It must just be a cost of doing business. How else can you explain that in 2008 Trump defaulted on his loans to Deutsche Bank and then he sued them claiming it was their fault, and yet the continued to lend to him!

PostPosted: April 30 19, 10:08 am 
Replies Authoritatively

GK, I'm with you on all of that.

I'm just saying that all of that aside, if the House impeaches and the Senate fails to remove, and in the year 2060 we encounter the same thing, a Senate--partisan or not--can refuse to remove. I'm hesitant to want to see that crutch given by this corrupt bunch, and like to hope that in 2060 we will be less hyper-partisan, that our position as a Minority Majority nation will have curbed a lot of white nationalism and inequality, our government will be more representative of the people, and the Senate then in an improved USA can not have a dangerous precedent hanging over such an important issue.

PostPosted: April 30 19, 10:18 am 
Hall Of Famer

Another precedent we should be worried about setting right now is: the House cannot impeach a criminal president if the Senate is also corrupt. That's a really, really bad precedent to set IMO.

Why worry about what happens in 50 or 100 years from now, when we have a criminal president in there *right now*? Let's worry about the future criminal presidents if/when they happen.

Sure, Trump voters will go ape [expletive], but they already do that constantly anyway. It's kind of their thing to be constantly outraged. The poor people that should make up the Democratic base that we need to mobilize do not give one [expletive] about any of this stuff. But they might start to care a little bit if it looks like Dems are actually willing to fight for them.

PostPosted: April 30 19, 10:35 am 
Replies Authoritatively

pioneer98 wrote:
Another precedent we should be worried about setting right now is: the House cannot impeach a criminal president if the Senate is also corrupt. That's a really, really bad precedent to set IMO.

That's practice, not precedent. Precedent legally requires a case to be heard and decided on. I'm no legal scholar but I'd assume the US Senate, at least in sane times, works the same.

Precedent = the rules of baseball. 90 feet. 3 strikes. Fair or foul.
Practice = the unwritten rules of baseball. You bean a guy if he pimps a HR. Not really rules, just practice, often kinda dumb.

Mueller not indicting Trump? Awful practice. The unwritten rules of baseball of "You don't indict a sitting POTUS." Really? Where does it say that? Not in the Constitution. Not in any court of law. Nowhere. Trump should be under indictment, this is our real goat here, Mueller. He found obstruction and then was like "eh, you guys in Congress who have a political tightrope to walk can deal with it, I'm done." Screw that. Mueller copped out on this, big time. But. There's no court decision or anything to guide the requirements of future special counsels. Mueller made a subjective decision he was not bound by law to make based on an earlier one. Same with Congress. If they opt to not impeach they are not preventing anyone in the future from impeaching, they're just doing the same as Mueller: being a bunch of cowards at, y'know, just the most crucial inflection point in our democracy since the Civil War.

PostPosted: April 30 19, 10:44 am 
Hall Of Famer

Yeah I understand what you are saying. I guess to me, if we have a criminal president that we can't remove, we've already lost our Democracy. It probably won't be around in 50 years. So no need to worry about stuff that far in the future.

PostPosted: April 30 19, 2:29 pm 
Hall Of Famer

PostPosted: April 30 19, 8:56 pm 
Hall Of Famer

After hearing the latest Barr story -- Mueller sent him a letter basically saying Barr is full of poop -- I don't know see how the Democrats avoid impeachment proceedings. They need to be disciplined -- whack the Avenatti types and the "Anthony Kennedy's son worked for Deutsche Bank!" nonsense conspiracies -- to have any hope of succeeding. But when the USAG is that publicly compromised, then the legislative branch has no choice but to fulfill its oversight role.

PostPosted: May 1 19, 8:27 am 
99% conan clips

PostPosted: May 1 19, 8:35 am 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

pioneer98 wrote:

Yep. And get the GOP on official record as being subservient to treasonous banana stand mafioso They are already, but make it completely official. Ultimately GOP is the problem.

When Nixon was undergoing the process, there was an abundance of [expletive] going on domestically and internationally.

Focusing more on 2020 election isn't going to do anything towards actually winning that election. The current 2020 focus is counter productive.

Do the right thing

PostPosted: May 1 19, 8:39 am 
Perennial All-Star

Barr needs to be crucified.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2759 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 260, 261, 262, 263, 264, 265, 266 ... 276  Next