GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently August 19 19, 6:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2729 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 265, 266, 267, 268, 269, 270, 271 ... 273  Next
PostPosted: May 18 19, 5:24 pm 
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Tim wrote:
A non shtbird libertarian

He's a card carrying member of the GOP.

PostPosted: May 18 19, 7:57 pm 
Perennial All-Star

It was being discussed on TV that Amash might be gearing up to run for president as a Libertarian.

PostPosted: May 19 19, 4:42 am 
Consider him admonished

Mary1966 wrote:
It was being discussed on TV that Amash might be gearing up to run for president as a Libertarian.

I hope so, however I don't see it.

PostPosted: May 19 19, 7:08 am 
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Location: Clowns to the left of me. Jokers to the right. Here I am.
Here is the Twitter thread.

Quote:
I offer these conclusions only after having read Mueller’s redacted report carefully and completely, having read or watched pertinent statements and testimony, and having discussed this matter with my staff, who thoroughly reviewed materials and provided me with further analysis.
In comparing Barr’s principal conclusions, congressional testimony, and other statements to Mueller’s report, it is clear that Barr intended to mislead the public about Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s analysis and findings.
Barr’s misrepresentations are significant but often subtle, frequently taking the form of sleight-of-hand qualifications or logical fallacies, which he hopes people will not notice.
Under our Constitution, the president “shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.” While “high Crimes and Misdemeanors” is not defined, the context implies conduct that violates the public trust.
Contrary to Barr’s portrayal, Mueller’s report reveals that President Trump engaged in specific actions and a pattern of behavior that meet the threshold for impeachment.
In fact, Mueller’s report identifies multiple examples of conduct satisfying all the elements of obstruction of justice, and undoubtedly any person who is not the president of the United States would be indicted based on such evidence.
Impeachment, which is a special form of indictment, does not even require probable cause that a crime (e.g., obstruction of justice) has been committed; it simply requires a finding that an official has engaged in careless, abusive, corrupt, or otherwise dishonorable conduct.
While impeachment should be undertaken only in extraordinary circumstances, the risk we face in an environment of extreme partisanship is not that Congress will employ it as a remedy too often but rather that Congress will employ it so rarely that it cannot deter misconduct.
Our system of checks and balances relies on each branch’s jealously guarding its powers and upholding its duties under our Constitution. When loyalty to a political party or to an individual trumps loyalty to the Constitution, the Rule of Law—the foundation of liberty—crumbles.
We’ve witnessed members of Congress from both parties shift their views 180 degrees—on the importance of character, on the principles of obstruction of justice—depending on whether they’re discussing Bill Clinton or Donald Trump.
Few members of Congress even read Mueller’s report; their minds were made up based on partisan affiliation—and it showed, with representatives and senators from both parties issuing definitive statements on the 448-page report’s conclusions within just hours of its release.
America’s institutions depend on officials to uphold both the rules and spirit of our constitutional system even when to do so is personally inconvenient or yields a politically unfavorable outcome. Our Constitution is brilliant and awesome; it deserves a government to match it.

This might rise to the level of a presidential nickname.

PostPosted: May 19 19, 10:26 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Justin Amash made the case. Impeachment needs to happen. Good article here. Hardly anyone read the report (myself included.)
https://www.newsandguts.com/justin-amash-read-muellers-report-thats-all-it-took/
From Mueller report, Imploring...begging! Congress to act.
Quote:
“Congress has authority to prohibit a President’s corrupt use of his authority in order to protect the integrity of the administration of justice.” (Vol. II, p. 8)
“The conclusion that Congress may apply the obstruction laws to the President’s corrupt exercise of the powers of office accords with our constitutional system of checks and balances and the principle that no person is above the law.” (Vol. II, p. 8)
“Article II of the Constitution does not categorically and permanently immunize the President from potential liability for the conduct that we investigated. Rather, our analysis led us to conclude that the obstruction-of-justice statutes can validly prohibit a President’s corrupt efforts to use his official powers to curtail, end, or interfere with an investigation.” (Vol. II, pp. 159-160)
“[W]e concluded that Congress can validly regulate the President’s exercise of official duties to prohibit actions motivated by a corrupt intent to obstruct justice.“ (Vol. II, p. 169

Only Barr dismissed it. And nobody read it. And dems too beholden to ridiculous notions of 2020 and infighting to currently act.

PostPosted: May 20 19, 5:15 am 
Consider him admonished

“He votes more with Nancy Pelosi than he does with me.” - Kevin McCarthy
Lolz

PostPosted: May 20 19, 7:40 am 

Quote:
“He votes more with Nancy Pelosi than he does with me.” - Kevin McCarthy
Lolz

Kevin McCarthy, after this they need more red and pink starbursts down at the banana stand

PostPosted: May 20 19, 1:45 pm 
99% conan clips

WH blocking mcgahn from testifying w/r/t mueller report

'cause you know, if you got nothing to hide, hide it

PostPosted: May 20 19, 1:54 pm 

Radbird wrote:
Here is the Twitter thread.

Quote:
I offer these conclusions only after having read Mueller’s redacted report carefully and completely, having read or watched pertinent statements and testimony, and having discussed this matter with my staff, who thoroughly reviewed materials and provided me with further analysis.
In comparing Barr’s principal conclusions, congressional testimony, and other statements to Mueller’s report, it is clear that Barr intended to mislead the public about Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s analysis and findings.
Barr’s misrepresentations are significant but often subtle, frequently taking the form of sleight-of-hand qualifications or logical fallacies, which he hopes people will not notice.
Under our Constitution, the president “shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.” While “high Crimes and Misdemeanors” is not defined, the context implies conduct that violates the public trust.
Contrary to Barr’s portrayal, Mueller’s report reveals that President Trump engaged in specific actions and a pattern of behavior that meet the threshold for impeachment.
In fact, Mueller’s report identifies multiple examples of conduct satisfying all the elements of obstruction of justice, and undoubtedly any person who is not the president of the United States would be indicted based on such evidence.
Impeachment, which is a special form of indictment, does not even require probable cause that a crime (e.g., obstruction of justice) has been committed; it simply requires a finding that an official has engaged in careless, abusive, corrupt, or otherwise dishonorable conduct.
While impeachment should be undertaken only in extraordinary circumstances, the risk we face in an environment of extreme partisanship is not that Congress will employ it as a remedy too often but rather that Congress will employ it so rarely that it cannot deter misconduct.
Our system of checks and balances relies on each branch’s jealously guarding its powers and upholding its duties under our Constitution. When loyalty to a political party or to an individual trumps loyalty to the Constitution, the Rule of Law—the foundation of liberty—crumbles.
We’ve witnessed members of Congress from both parties shift their views 180 degrees—on the importance of character, on the principles of obstruction of justice—depending on whether they’re discussing Bill Clinton or Donald Trump.
Few members of Congress even read Mueller’s report; their minds were made up based on partisan affiliation—and it showed, with representatives and senators from both parties issuing definitive statements on the 448-page report’s conclusions within just hours of its release.
America’s institutions depend on officials to uphold both the rules and spirit of our constitutional system even when to do so is personally inconvenient or yields a politically unfavorable outcome. Our Constitution is brilliant and awesome; it deserves a government to match it.

This might rise to the level of a presidential nickname.

Ah, Amash is just a Loser for now.

PostPosted: May 21 19, 5:19 pm 
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Location: Clowns to the left of me. Jokers to the right. Here I am.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2729 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 265, 266, 267, 268, 269, 270, 271 ... 273  Next