GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently August 19 19, 1:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2729 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 267, 268, 269, 270, 271, 272, 273  Next
PostPosted: May 28 19, 12:37 pm 
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Another gem from the only patriotic Republican in Congress these days:

Thread, click Tweet.

PostPosted: May 28 19, 4:21 pm 
Perennial All-Star

Amash is having a town hall tonight in Grand Rapids and MSNBC is showing excerpts from it, his constituents are applauding him as he explains his position.

PostPosted: May 29 19, 8:04 am 
99% conan clips

Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) — Special counsel Robert Mueller is set to make his first public statement on the Russia investigation Wednesday, the Justice Department said.

Mueller will speak at the Justice Department at 11 a.m. and won’t take any questions.

It was not clear what he intended to say, but the statement comes amid demands for Mueller to testify on Capitol Hill about his findings and tension with Attorney General William Barr over the handling of his report.

https://apnews.com/urn:publicid:ap.org: ... 4ad2a46203

PostPosted: May 29 19, 8:15 am 
Replies Authoritatively

Mary1966 wrote:
Amash is having a town hall tonight in Grand Rapids and MSNBC is showing excerpts from it, his constituents are applauding him as he explains his position.

Some are also challenging him. And Betsy DeVos's family, who pour millions into GOP campaigns in MI, have said they will not be funding him while at least two pro-Trump challengers have arisen to challenge him in the next primary. He's probably dead in the water, will get primaried and then hopefully the Democrat will beat a too-far-right Trumpist.

PostPosted: May 29 19, 8:30 am 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Jocephus wrote:
Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) — Special counsel Robert Mueller is set to make his first public statement on the Russia investigation Wednesday, the Justice Department said.

Mueller will speak at the Justice Department at 11 a.m. and won’t take any questions.

It was not clear what he intended to say, but the statement comes amid demands for Mueller to testify on Capitol Hill about his findings and tension with Attorney General William Barr over the handling of his report.

https://apnews.com/urn:publicid:ap.org: ... 4ad2a46203

I suspect he will clarify what Barr obscured. That Mueller did not charge or indict the president, because that is a direct task of Congress. He could prosecuteTrump's associates, cabinet members and campaign workers and he did.

Maybe a word or two on obstruction of investigation, even if there was har-har nothing there to investigate, obstruction in and of itself is whatever.

PostPosted: May 29 19, 8:34 am 
99% conan clips

i expect nothing

PostPosted: May 29 19, 8:35 am 
has a link from 538 to share

Jocephus wrote:
i expect nothing

Same.

edit - because he still works for the DoJ and I assume Barr has his hands on this. He'll likely give reasons why he won't testify in front of congress.

PostPosted: May 29 19, 8:42 am 
Replies Authoritatively

I think he's gonna come out and go "I said in this report the POTUS should be tried for obstruction, just this Flintstone looking mothergrabber told you guys a bunch of lies same as POTUS."

Just kidding.

I have no faith in this coward.

PostPosted: May 29 19, 9:07 am 
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Michael wrote:
Jocephus wrote:
i expect nothing

Same.

edit - because he still works for the DoJ and I assume Barr has his hands on this. He'll likely give reasons why he won't testify in front of congress.

He's going to refute the very dubious reporting of that Woolf guy that Mueller prepared "draft indictments." It's nonsense.

PostPosted: May 29 19, 9:15 am 
99% conan clips

kinda reiterating what's been said w/r/t report. he doesn't seem to want to make an opinion on it. of course you want impartiality but seems like that DoJ memo saved trumps ass

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2729 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 267, 268, 269, 270, 271, 272, 273  Next