GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently August 22 19, 1:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2729 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 268, 269, 270, 271, 272, 273  Next
PostPosted: May 29 19, 9:22 am 
Hall Of Famer

PostPosted: May 29 19, 9:24 am 
99% conan clips

PostPosted: May 29 19, 9:48 am 
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

And this is why the House must take up impeachment. Under DoJ guidelines the president could murder his wife and not be indicted until out of office.

Unless Congress exerts its Constitutional authority the president is effectively above the law. We do not live in a Constitutional Republic if that is the case. We just have some kind of temporary king. Is that really what the founders were going for?

Start impeachment already!

PostPosted: May 29 19, 10:09 am 
darjeeling sipping elite

G. Keenan wrote:
And this is why the House must take up impeachment. Under DoJ guidelines the president could murder his wife and not be indicted until out of office.

Unless Congress exerts its Constitutional authority the president is effectively above the law. We do not live in a Constitutional Republic if that is the case. We just have some kind of temporary king. Is that really what the founders were going for?

I thought that was you saying Congress needed to slow down impeachment talk. No?

Anyway, it’s clear that it is time.

PostPosted: May 29 19, 10:21 am 

lukethedrifter wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:

I thought that was you saying Congress needed to slow down impeachment talk. No?

Anyway, it’s clear that it is time.

Not slow down impeachment talk, no, just continue to let the process play out and draw Trump further and further into illegality. They have de facto already started the impeachment process through the subpoenas they've been issuing. Mueller's statement today is good timing, and just more ammo in the process. How can the NOT start impeachment now?

The case I've been making is that the Dems need to make it seem like impeachment is inevitable. Like Trump's actions leave them no choice. If it comes across as a partisan hack job because its rushed they just shoot themselves in the foot.

PostPosted: May 29 19, 10:40 am 
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie

G. Keenan wrote:

I agree. It could backlash for the dems politically, but I am just ready to have the fight out. Lets get on with it for the sake of our nation and our future. I really do think that our generation just needs to suck it up and take the hits for future generations. That ranges from taking on whatever neo-fascist Trump-ness that has Republicans so brainwashed to the celebrity/entertainment culture of information/news/politics and tackling vital domestic/foreign issues like health care and the environment. We just need to accept that the massive change we need to undertake will have serious ramifications to our culture, politics and economy, but less destructive overall if we continue down our current path.

PostPosted: May 29 19, 10:48 am 
Hall Of Famer

This is a few days old, but relevant given today's news:

PostPosted: May 29 19, 10:49 am 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Fat Strat wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:

I agree. It could backlash for the dems politically, but I am just ready to have the fight out. Lets get on with it for the sake of our nation and our future. I really do think that our generation just needs to suck it up and take the hits for future generations. That ranges from taking on whatever neo-fascist Trump-ness that has Republicans so brainwashed to the celebrity/entertainment culture of information/news/politics and tackling vital domestic/foreign issues like health care and the environment. We just need to accept that the massive change we need to undertake will have serious ramifications to our culture, politics and economy, but less destructive overall if we continue down our current path.

++.

Without an impeachment process (even if it fails); I don't think the 2020 election (if dems sweep ) does much for restoring fact-based reality, rule of law, etc

PostPosted: May 29 19, 11:07 am 

Fat Strat wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:

Justin Amash did a good job of speaking to this sentiment yesterday, quoted here by George Conway

Thread

PostPosted: May 30 19, 7:38 am 
Hall Of Famer

Oops he said the quiet part out loud
Trump Admits to Russia ‘Helping Me to Get Elected’
Quote:
WASHINGTON — President Trump on Thursday acknowledged for the first time that Russia helped “me to get elected,” and then quickly retracted the idea.

“No, Russia did not help me get elected,” Mr. Trump told reporters as he departed the White House for Colorado Springs. “I got me elected.” He spoke less than an hour after his Twitter post.

The original comment, a clause in one of several Twitter posts this morning, is an extraordinary admission from Mr. Trump, who has avoided saying publicly that Russia helped him win the presidency in 2016 through its election interference. American intelligence agencies and federal prosecutors have long concluded that Russia tried to influence voters.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2729 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 268, 269, 270, 271, 272, 273  Next