GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently November 21 19, 7:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2769 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 273, 274, 275, 276, 277
PostPosted: October 9 19, 10:19 am 
Hall Of Famer

GeddyWrox wrote:

Someone under that thread suggests that the reason Trump did not divest his businesses is because he couldn't. And he couldn't because they are worthless and actually in massive debt. You can't exactly stash a mountain of debt into a "blind trust" or something for someone else to manage. There's nothing to manage - only something to make debt payments on.

PostPosted: October 10 19, 9:51 am 
Replies Authoritatively

I'm having a hard time understanding context on Trump / Ukraine/ Putin.

Putin and Ukraine are at odds.
Putin helped Trump win.
Trump is asking Ukraine to help him win, otherwise he won't give them tanks or money for tanks or other to fight Putin.

So, like, what's up here? Is this indicative of some kind of thing w/ Trump and Putin, like hey check it out they would never go along with this but I'm going to put them in a position where I can withhold military aid, but then Trump gets caught with his hand in the cookie jar so he just tries to gaslight us/normalize this by going on TV and being like "China should to this too, everyone should do it, it's fine, happens all the time"?

PostPosted: October 10 19, 10:02 am 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

pioneer98 wrote:
GeddyWrox wrote:

Someone under that thread suggests that the reason Trump did not divest his businesses is because he couldn't. And he couldn't because they are worthless and actually in massive debt. You can't exactly stash a mountain of debt into a "blind trust" or something for someone else to manage. There's nothing to manage - only something to make debt payments on.

Definitely. You can't divest a house of cards. Nobody other than some Russian or Saudi mafia head seeking a Trump favor would touch a Trump property.

PostPosted: October 13 19, 8:44 pm 
Perennial All-Star

33anda3rd wrote:
I'm having a hard time understanding context on Trump / Ukraine/ Putin.

Putin and Ukraine are at odds.
Putin helped Trump win.
Trump is asking Ukraine to help him win, otherwise he won't give them tanks or money for tanks or other to fight Putin.

So, like, what's up here? Is this indicative of some kind of thing w/ Trump and Putin, like hey check it out they would never go along with this but I'm going to put them in a position where I can withhold military aid, but then Trump gets caught with his hand in the cookie jar so he just tries to gaslight us/normalize this by going on TV and being like "China should to this too, everyone should do it, it's fine, happens all the time"?

Trump just wants to win the election. Everything is transactional with him. But Putin is probably laughing his ass off that Trump has managed to entangle Ukraine in this. If you read the whole conversation, Zelensky comes off as fawning over Trump.

PostPosted: November 6 19, 10:01 am 
99% conan clips

PostPosted: November 6 19, 1:43 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Well, Putin/Russian media is about to reveal the whistleblower identity -per Rand Paul request

PostPosted: November 6 19, 2:24 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Freed Roger wrote:
Well, Putin/Russian media is about to reveal the whistleblower identity -per Rand Paul request

There's been a name floating out there for a few weeks, but not really being reported on. Mostly because it's irrelevant now that they have first hand accounts.

PostPosted: November 6 19, 4:35 pm 
99% conan clips

PostPosted: November 6 19, 6:14 pm 
Replies Authoritatively

Jocephus wrote:

I want to see Hillary take the stand. I want her to walk in with a big sunhat and huge sunglasses and a "F Donald" t-shirt and flip-flops, with Bill tagging along, and I want her to tell him "SIT" and he sits and then she walks up and they're like "...so help you god?" and she looks over the top of her sunglasses and says "sure, whatevs, what do you bunch of jerks want from me now that has anything to do with this treasonous cuckold?" Then I want her to push the glasses down further and look at AOC and say "Remember these days, these are the good ones" in a way that we all know means "you have 30 years of the right-wing assassinating your character ahead of you, if you can make it that long, and by the time you get to the end of that, and you want the big job, all the people on your side now are going to despise you. Enjoy this while you can."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2769 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 273, 274, 275, 276, 277