GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently October 22 19, 3:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2764 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 277  Next
 Post subject: Re: Trump and Russia
PostPosted: December 12 16, 11:39 am 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Putting aside the more conspiratorial links - there is much that is known and in plain sight to ignore on Trump Russia.

Anyhows, technically, the concerns are bipartisan - McCain and Graham - but where are the rest of the republicans? Where are the hawks? -surely there were some that were outspoken and saw Russia as a foe. And Putin?!? Why are we blowing off Trump's acquiescence and Putin's Russia interest in leveraging US democracy. Being facetious - we know where Paul Ryan and the rest of republicans are.

Also - what happened to these guys that didn't seem to be trusting of Putin Russia - especially now that Clinton Foundation!!! is a less of potential confict of interest with US govt and Russia
http://gatewayredbirds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=57718&hilit=putin
http://gatewayredbirds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=55972&hilit=+putin

PostPosted: December 12 16, 12:11 pm 
Perennial All-Star

I'm more concerned with how our 'leaders' are handling this than I am with Russia itself.

For Comey to take an 11th hour email hack and make it about "Hillary Clinton's emails that are probably nothing but, hey, public voters, check back later tonight...." instead of making it about "Russia has been hacking our political parties for its own gain" is infuriating and that guy should be fired. Probably should have been fired before the election, by Obama, with Obama saying that while we should be up in arms that Russia apparently attempted to influence our political outcome, we should be more upset that a guy who is tasked with keeping us safe tried--succeeded, actually--to impact that outcome by using it for politics.

PostPosted: December 12 16, 12:13 pm 
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Location: Clowns to the left of me. Jokers to the right. Here I am.
M1IRONMIKE wrote:
I am beginning to think we are about 2 or 3 more incidents away from WW3.

Youneverknow

PostPosted: December 12 16, 1:13 pm 
Everday Unicorn

Radbird wrote:
M1IRONMIKE wrote:
I am beginning to think we are about 2 or 3 more incidents away from WW3.

Youneverknow

Epic bump.

PostPosted: December 12 16, 1:43 pm 
Hall Of Famer

I'd be surprised if we weren't at war with someone within 2-3 years. The military industrial complex has stockholders to please. And Trump has to get re-elected somehow. It might be Iran. It might be the area formerly known as Iraq. It might be North Korea, if Ambassador Dennis Rodman can't keep the peace. There are a number of possibilities.

PostPosted: December 12 16, 2:15 pm 
Hall Of Famer

pioneer98 wrote:
And Trump has to get re-elected somehow.

Maybe only once. The GOP is what, only three legislatures away from controlling enough to pass Constitutional Amendments? That will be easy peazy by 2022. So after he is re-elected in 2020, they have plenty of time to repeal the disastrous and illegal 22nd Amendment and restore the original intent of the Found Fathers to have a President for as long as the people want.

PostPosted: December 12 16, 3:38 pm 
"I could totally eat a person if it were a life/death situation"

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/12/politics/ ... index.html

Quote:
The White House strongly suggested Monday that Donald Trump was the beneficiary of Russian meddling in the US election, pointing to Trump's own ties to Russia as evidence of Moscow's intentions.

PostPosted: December 12 16, 3:53 pm 
Hall Of Famer

ghostrunner wrote:
Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
ghostrunner wrote:
I very much agree with this. Though I also think it's worth considering that the CIA is exaggerating the intervention in order to cause trouble for Trump. I could see them perceiving him as a threat to the US (I do too) and doing to us what the CIA has been known to do to other countries. What's troubling is between this and the Comey letter we've possibly got two federal intelligence/security agencies intentionally messing with our election, and in opposite directions.

I'm curious about the supposed RNC hack - the RNC claims it wasn't hacked, and they should know. Very possible they're lying, but why bother when emails could start coming out any day? I also wonder how the CIA would know they were hacked. It seems like it would be difficult from the outside to know whether a hack attempt was successful, unless they were given evidence by a third party.

Looking forward to seeing whatever evidence is released.

Why should the RNC know they are hacked? Hackers at this level do everything they can to not be detected and its fairly easy to do that on systems that aren't actively looking for intrusions. I don't know if that is the case with the RNC but there are still many, many corporate entities oblivious to the danger.

I guess I'm saying that if the CIA knows, then the RNC should know. Either they should be able to detect it, or they'd have the same evidence the CIA has. I find it hard to imagine a situation where the CIA knows, but RNC doesn't.

The Illinois state GOP know in June it had been hacked, by someone:

Chicago Tribune - FBI told state GOP in June its emails had been hacked
Quote:
The FBI notified the Illinois Republican Party in June that some of its email accounts may have been hacked, but party officials were not told that it was part of a wide-ranging federal investigation of Russian activity in the nation's political system, the state GOP's executive director said Sunday.

Nick Klitzing said the state GOP on its own found 18 of its emails on the website DCLeaks.com. The New York Times reported the website was an outlet that U.S. intelligence officials and private cybersecurity companies believe was created by a unit controlled by the GRU, Russia's military intelligence agency.

PostPosted: December 12 16, 3:54 pm 
Hall Of Famer

I saw that earlier. I'm assuming that's not what the CIA is referring to, but maybe?

Also saw that there was another hack of a former RNC employee, but that was a specific computer that and last connected to the server a few years ago.

PostPosted: December 12 16, 4:30 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/12/politics/white-house-suggests-trump-benefitted-from-russia-hacking/index.html

Quote:
The White House strongly suggested Monday that Donald Trump was the beneficiary of Russian meddling in the US election, pointing to Trump's own ties to Russia as evidence of Moscow's intentions.

So is your position still that this is absurd?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2764 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 277  Next