GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently June 27 19, 4:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: August 3 18, 7:46 am 
Hall Of Famer

Unbelievable. "Paid" leave.

PostPosted: August 3 18, 9:52 am 
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

So, basically, withdraw from your retirement account.

PostPosted: August 3 18, 9:54 am 
99% conan clips

i really hope people don't let these crooks change their mind on how SS is supposed to work. why does everything have to be for [expletive] profit/bottom line? i [expletive] hate this corporate approach to governing.

PostPosted: August 3 18, 10:21 am 
bronoun enthusiast

Jocephus wrote:
i really hope people don't let these crooks change their mind on how SS is supposed to work. why does everything have to be for [expletive] profit/bottom line? i [expletive] hate this corporate approach to governing.

Amen

PostPosted: August 3 18, 11:32 am 

thrill wrote:
Jocephus wrote:

Amen

Working for a living gets harder and harder in this country. Our generation it is truly [expletive]. How do you save for retirement when you are spending 50% of your income on housing and student loan payments? No wage growth. Fewer and fewer companies offering pensions. Healthcare totally ass backwards.

And we have the investor class owning everything, including the government, buying laws so that their income is taxed less than working people's and packing the courts with their judges to keep it that way. They now control the entire government and are absolutely exploding the deficit. The best economy in 20 years and yet we the people go ever deeper in debt so we can cut taxes on the rich ever more.

Now, the Treasury dept. is trying to go around Congress and redefine how capital gains are calculated so that investors can deduct inflation, another giveaway to the super rich who make all their money off of money. The first Bush admin looked into this but the DOJ decided that Treasury did not have the legal authority to do it, only Congress. Not gonna stop Trump from trying! They'll just do it, get another short term payday, and let the courts sort out whether or not it was legal.

PostPosted: August 21 18, 4:24 pm 
Hall Of Famer

This day is something else

PostPosted: August 22 18, 10:12 am 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

The Duncan Hunter indictment has some gems.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/08/22/ickiest-allegations-duncan-hunter-indictment/?utm_term=.feccf45ef548
[url]https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/22/politics/duncan-hunter-indicted/index.html
[/url]
from campaign funds. It's doubtful that donors give a damn what this guy did with the funds, as long as he does what he does for them.

Quote:
2. Margaret Hunter allegedly spent $200 on tennis shoes at Dick’s Sporting Goods, which she then claimed as being for an annual dove hunting event for wounded warriors.
7. In an attempt to justify spending campaign funds on a family trip to Italy, Hunter asked a naval base there for a tour. When officials said they couldn’t do it then, Hunter said, “Tell the Navy to go f--- themselves.”

8. They allegedly described the payment of their family dental bills as a charitable contribution to “Smiles for Life."

Quote:
"The Hunters concealed and disguised the personal nature of their family's purchases of video games using Campaign funds by falsely claiming to a financial institution that the payments were fraudulent charges and then reporting the purchases to the FEC and the public as fraudulent charges."

"On or about March 20, 2015, when Duncan Hunter told Margaret Hunter that he was planning 'to buy my Hawaii shorts' but had run out of money, she counseled him to buy the shorts at a golf pro shop so that they could falsely describe the purchase later as 'some [golf] balls for the wounded warriors.'"

PostPosted: August 22 18, 11:16 am 

I must not have enough ambition. I'm content to just get by, try to enjoy my life as best I can, and hope for the best.

Other guys are out there running elaborate financial scams so they can take a trip to Italy on someone else's dime. Working for Russian oligarchs so they can buy a $15,000 douchebag jacket, etc.

PostPosted: August 22 18, 7:36 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Duncan Hunter overdrew his bank account an average of three times a week, every week, for seven years

PostPosted: September 7 18, 11:29 am 
Hall Of Famer

Amash is like the one decent Republican in Congress, in that at least he explains himself and is honest about why he votes the way he does. He still wants to gut a bunch of programs, but you know who you're dealing with.

I looked up the vote and I only see him and Massie voting No, along with most all the Democrats. Not sure what he's referring to with the other two congressmen. Might be a more recent version of the bill?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next