GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently February 16 19, 5:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: January 6 17, 8:17 pm 
Snayke's Bottomline

This is already one of the most corrupt state capitols in the nation and now they have supermajorities and a governor to rubberstamp their agenda. The P-D describes them setting a "pro-business" course, which is right-to-work, tort reform and helping out Uber and Lyft: http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/govt ... 0c3fb.html

PostPosted: January 6 17, 9:45 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

This state is in a mess. Cant fix the roads and bridges. Underfunding education. Wholesale corruption. pro-business in the bangledesh sort of way .
They want full control of judge appointments too.
The GOP has been driving state in a ditch for a long time. With complete authoritarian rule- maybe the P-d will stop the puff pieces acting like there are opposing powers. But not likely.

PostPosted: January 7 17, 3:38 pm 
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

I look forward to Missouri being a bigger laughing stock then Illinois in a few years.

PostPosted: January 9 17, 11:41 am 

Turned on local NPR today-special coverage of MO inaugaration. yeah! A free infomermcial for ALEC.

Local media isnt up to the task of questioning any of this authoritarianism. It is free GOP propaganda (we are going to be pro-business now! Well [expletive] ! They had a super majority already so what was MO before?) for what ever Rex Sinquefield and whoever it was that gave Greitens $2 million want now. David Nicklaus business writer at P-d zzzz.

Not that every GOP move will be wrong-but how about some facts that doesn't support their statements on i.e. public ed issues, guns legal everywhere, what Right to Work has done for/to Mississippi etc, what the ramifications of not expanding medicare, why roads and bridge repair can't be worked into the budget that they've controlled. Etc etc

PostPosted: January 9 17, 12:22 pm 

More pissing into the wind by me:

Maybe some newsies can point out how our state taxes have gone up dramatically with a" pro-business" state gov with indirect taxes from mismanaged health care system, state college tuition, and the local sales taxes, real estate tax, personal property taxes thru the roof.

PostPosted: January 9 17, 2:00 pm 
Perennial All-Star

I've all but given up caring about this stuff. The Dems are feckless and the GOP are bound and determined to [expletive] us every which way they can.

Guns? NRA has won that fight.
Healthcare? They're going to dismantle all that too.
Gay/Trans rights? That's going to unravel as soon as Trump gets his SC nominee pushed through.
Wall Street/Consumer Protection? LOL
Environment? Screw you, Earth! We have shareholders to report to.
Education...
Social Security...
Unions/Right to Work...

You name it, the GOP has either already won, or will completely dismantle/unfund it soon. I'm so disheartened. I should be more pissed than I am. I just don't care anymore. This is what the deplorables wanted. It's their ship now. Have fun sinking us all, you greedy, uncaring [expletive] sticks.

PostPosted: January 9 17, 4:17 pm 
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

GeddyWrox wrote:
I've all but given up caring about this stuff. The Dems are feckless and the GOP are bound and determined to [expletive] us every which way they can.

Guns? NRA has won that fight.
Healthcare? They're going to dismantle all that too.
Gay/Trans rights? That's going to unravel as soon as Trump gets his SC nominee pushed through.
Wall Street/Consumer Protection? LOL
Environment? Screw you, Earth! We have shareholders to report to.
Education...
Social Security...
Unions/Right to Work...

You name it, the GOP has either already won, or will completely dismantle/unfund it soon. I'm so disheartened. I should be more pissed than I am. I just don't care anymore. This is what the deplorables wanted. It's their ship now. Have fun sinking us all, you greedy, uncaring [expletive] sticks.

I wish I knew the answer, but it just seems like it's going to get worse for probably the rest of our lives. Once we get two or three more conservative justices it's kinda over at that point.

PostPosted: January 11 17, 1:51 pm 

Not sure why the local media can't ask a hard-hitting question like this to Greitens

Quote:
Gov Greitens, now that your are sworn-in as governor, can you disclose the source of the nearly $2 million dollar contribution to your campaign? - the largest single donation at the time to a Missouri campaign.

Not sure why he can't answer that? What could there possibly be to lose? If it's really all a bunch of ex Navy Seals -as proven by this election -'merica loves Navy Seals. Even if it's Erik Prince, his politic definitely doesn't outflank the right-wing government that MO elects. Or NRA people. Or pro-lifers. Or Right-to-worker. Those groups already own the state, so why not just disclose it and move on? Even if it were covering for Rex Sinquefield, if he changed his mind to Greitens after already paying in to Hanaway, that isn't such a bombshell now that your safe and in an authoritarian role in one of the reddest of states for for a while.

PostPosted: January 11 17, 7:14 pm 
'Burb Boy

PostPosted: January 12 17, 10:44 am 
Perennial All-Star

MrCrowesGarden wrote:

Is that real??? WTF??

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next