GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently June 16 19, 11:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: July 13 17, 5:04 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Farewell Friends wrote:
I like how Eric Greitens' political arm that doesn't have to disclose its donors is running ads applauding Eric Greitens. We're in a good place in this state.

They control it all which makes the grandstanding, dark money, and special sessions completely unneccessary. He must be running for president

PostPosted: August 30 17, 6:22 pm 

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/missouri-representative-appears-to-call-for-lynching-media/article_ce20f2a9-41e1-547c-a3ba-7fe380923905.html
MO state rep calls for lynching of whoever vandalized confederate memorial
Quote:
"This is totally against the law," Love wrote. "I hope they are found & hung from a tall tree with a long rope."

Quote:
Love confirmed the Facebook post, but told the Post-Dispatch he was not calling for a lynching.

"Oh no," he said. "Hell no!"

"That was an exaggerated statement that, you know, a lot of times is used in the western world when somebody does a crime or commits theft. ... That's just a western term and I'm very much a western man. You know, I wear a coat. You know, I dress western. And, you know, I'm the cowboy of the Capitol."

It's ok because he's a cowboy.

PostPosted: August 30 17, 9:55 pm 
Perennial All-Star

Bet he keeps his job while Chappelle-Nadal will lose hers.

PostPosted: August 30 17, 10:59 pm 
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

Freed Roger wrote:

WHO ALSO HAS BLACK FRIENDS FROM SOFTBALL

Quote:
“Listen, I’ve got good friends in the Capitol,” Love said. “Me and Tommie Pierson (a black St. Louis County Democrat) was co-captains of a softball team. And you can ask anybody in that Capitol. I probably have a better relationship with the minorities than anybody up there at the Legislature.

“I play softball with them, I’m good friends with them. I, you know, I sit on the same side of the aisle with them and they’re on my softball team,” Love said.

PostPosted: August 30 17, 11:07 pm 
Don't tone police me bro!

cardsfansince82 wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:

WHO ALSO HAS BLACK FRIENDS FROM SOFTBALL

Quote:
“Listen, I’ve got good friends in the Capitol,” Love said. “Me and Tommie Pierson (a black St. Louis County Democrat) was co-captains of a softball team. And you can ask anybody in that Capitol. I probably have a better relationship with the minorities than anybody up there at the Legislature.

“I play softball with them, I’m good friends with them. I, you know, I sit on the same side of the aisle with them and they’re on my softball team,” Love said.

Hmmm Lemme ask Bruce and see what he thinks :-k

PostPosted: August 31 17, 7:38 am 

With this cowboy story, I watched a couple clips of state committee hearings. These people are awful and du-u-umb as [expletive]. But they feel completely comfortable in that bubble referencing "the black negroes" that came up from the South , or cutting off NAACP leader testifying during the debate over law prohibiting workplace discrimination lawsuits.

PostPosted: August 31 17, 7:53 am 

Will the billionaire GOP donor be flying in for coffee with Cowboy Love to promote civility? Or does only the ineffectual minority party need to play nice?

PostPosted: September 1 17, 1:12 pm 
tl;dr

I don't use Twitter or know how to post a Tweet here but I just saw that in response to Trump's speech in Missouri, the MO GOP Tweeted their approval and said that it's time to give the American worker a raise. Isn't today the day that the bill wiping out the minimum wage increase in St. Louis goes into effect? So they support giving workers a raise... but the next day they effectively take away the raises that St. Louis tried to give to minimum wage employees.

What a bunch of evil [expletive deleted].

PostPosted: August 8 18, 8:30 am 

in light of the so-called right to work law smackdown I wrote
Quote:
GOP lawmakers will craft a work-around of the will of the people, like they did after conceal carry was defeated in MO.
In spite of a 2-1 margin, there is nothing but conscience stopping the GOP from enacting new right to work legislation.
Quote:
Despite the vote, Republicans who control the House and Senate could return for their 2019 session and vote again to make Missouri right to work, potentially triggering a repeat of the referendum process.Despite the vote, Republicans who control the House and Senate could return for their 2019 session and vote again to make Missouri right to work, potentially triggering a repeat of the referendum process.

PostPosted: August 8 18, 10:05 am 
Perennial All-Star

Could

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next