GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently September 18 19, 1:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: August 8 18, 11:17 am 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Diddy wrote:
Could

What do you think the odds are?

One would think with such a resounding broad defeat across the entire state, they'd let it be for a long while. The vote was more than partisan.

But then I heard on the radio this morning, one of the so-called Right to Work groups already said they are going to do the legislative route again, and a comment that the elected legislature is will of the people.

We know the Dems aren't going to control the statehouse for a long while. And we know the lobbyists pay good money to the legislature. And Parsons is a fan of it all.

I put it at 70% likelihood by end of 2019 legislative session.

100% by 2020.

PostPosted: August 8 18, 11:42 am 
Perennial All-Star

I don’t think I’d put the odds that high. It’ll be brought back at sometime but it was defeated by a large enough margin that I don’t think it’ll be as soon as you say.

PostPosted: August 8 18, 12:01 pm 

I'm wondering about the GOP legislature decision to move up the RTW Prop A to August rather than November. Seems like they thought they had a better chance of keeping RTW with August vs Nov, and they'd keep it from helping McCaskill in November.

I doubt RTW would have won in November either, but am guessing it ended up being even more a lopsided Union win in August. And if the GOP strategy was as an attempt to let the air out of November dem efforts I doubt it worked there either. The vote was decisive enough that McCaskill can use it and maybe draw momentum from it. With the dems losing so much in MO, they needed something to build upon and wake people up, and this (And Wesley Bell) could be it.

PostPosted: August 13 18, 2:27 pm 

Not sure where to put this.
https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/despite-financial-woes-missouri-gop-backing-auditor-candidate/article_b252363c-3d70-5da5-8f33-6c2f27355ecb.html#tracking-source=home-the-latest
Missouri GOP candidate for state auditor apparently has personal financial problems - which may or may not matter - but the excuse is the best.

Quote:
My husband and I did struggle to make ends meet earlier in our careers, like so many Americans did under President Obama's stagnating economy.

PostPosted: August 13 18, 3:02 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

Freed Roger wrote:
Not sure where to put this.
https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/despite-financial-woes-missouri-gop-backing-auditor-candidate/article_b252363c-3d70-5da5-8f33-6c2f27355ecb.html#tracking-source=home-the-latest
Missouri GOP candidate for state auditor apparently has personal financial problems - which may or may not matter - but the excuse is the best.

Quote:
My husband and I did struggle to make ends meet earlier in our careers, like so many Americans did under President Obama's stagnating economy.

The Party of Personal Responsibility (tm) strikes again.

PostPosted: August 13 18, 3:35 pm 
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Are peeps buzzin' in MO about Greitens and the use of this messaging app Confide, in which public officials used a self-destructing communications platform to conduct public business so that there is no paper trail, which is illegal? Apparently it was widespread and the Governor's office lied to the Attorney General's office. It took a private lawsuit to bring it to light.

Maybe someone already posted about this. I mention it now because I heard an interview yesterday with one of the attorney's in the lawsuit trying to bring this out into the open.

Greitens and 19 staffers had secret texting app, far more than number reported to AG

PostPosted: August 13 18, 3:38 pm 
'Burb Boy

G. Keenan wrote:
Are peeps buzzin' in MO about Greitens and the use of this messaging app Confide, in which public officials used a self-destructing communications platform to conduct public business so that there is no paper trail, which is illegal? Apparently it was widespread and the Governor's office lied to the Attorney General's office. It took a private lawsuit to bring it to light.

Maybe someone already posted about this. I mention it now because I heard an interview yesterday with one of the attorney's in the lawsuit trying to bring this out into the open.

Greitens and 19 staffers had secret texting app, far more than number reported to AG

My station did a story about this app months ago. I'm not sure I've heard any buzz about it in a long time.

PostPosted: August 13 18, 3:52 pm 
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

MrCrowesGarden wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:

My station did a story about this app months ago. I'm not sure I've heard any buzz about it in a long time.

Nice. I heard about it for the first time yesterday on On the Media. If interested, the segment is here: A Private App for Public Officials

PostPosted: August 13 18, 4:08 pm 

G. Keenan wrote:
MrCrowesGarden wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:

Nice. I heard about it for the first time yesterday on On the Media. If interested, the segment is here: A Private App for Public Officials

The AG is running for senator now. One party rule is corrupt.

PostPosted: November 26 18, 12:29 pm 

Missourians overwhelmingly vote in Constitional amendment aimed to help clean up state's unethical politics and gerrymandering etc

And now it is in the legislative works to ignore this.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next