GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently March 21 19, 11:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: September 6 17, 4:27 pm 
just can't quit you.

Holy f [expletive]!

My 4 year old, Rose, had to have 3 shots consisting of 6 vaccines today. I had to take time off of work to go with my wife to make sure my daughter got the shots. [expletive] Facebook and [expletive] the internet! Mother [expletive]! She fell asleep in the car after a trip to Costco after the shots, and now my wife is pissed at me convinced the vaccines poisoned my daughter. Holy [expletive] hell I don't have time for this [expletive]. My wife's cousin - not hot cousin but hot cousins sister who used to be hotter than hot cousin but put on 200 lbs after having 3 kids - was at our house on Saturday and I just found out she isn't vaccinating her kids. I told my wife I don't want those kids over any more. The stupidity of these people is mind numbing. Do they not realize that the diseases these vaccines protect against are FAR WORSE than ANY [expletive] side effect the [expletive] vaccines my have? [expletive] -ity [expletive] [expletive]!

Merry Christmas, holy [expletive], pass the Tylenol.

PostPosted: September 6 17, 9:49 pm 
Hall Of Famer

wart57 wrote:
Holy f [expletive]!

My 4 year old, Rose, had to have 3 shots consisting of 6 vaccines today. I had to take time off of work to go with my wife to make sure my daughter got the shots. [expletive] Facebook and [expletive] the internet! Mother [expletive]! She fell asleep in the car after a trip to Costco after the shots, and now my wife is pissed at me convinced the vaccines poisoned my daughter. Holy [expletive] hell I don't have time for this [expletive]. My wife's cousin - not hot cousin but hot cousins sister who used to be hotter than hot cousin but put on 200 lbs after having 3 kids - was at our house on Saturday and I just found out she isn't vaccinating her kids. I told my wife I don't want those kids over any more. The stupidity of these people is mind numbing. Do they not realize that the diseases these vaccines protect against are FAR WORSE than ANY [expletive] side effect the [expletive] vaccines my have? [expletive] -ity [expletive] [expletive]!

Merry Christmas, holy [expletive], pass the Tylenol.

Great rant wart. 100% agree with you.

PostPosted: March 6 19, 11:16 am 
99% conan clips

PostPosted: March 6 19, 3:44 pm 
Hall Of Famer

So when it comes to vaccines, at least some Republicans can take 4 professionals at their word on a scientific matter.

PostPosted: March 6 19, 4:48 pm 
Hall Of Famer

We have to weather this stupidity out. Either it continues or it dies.

If it doesn't die, we'll probably die.

PostPosted: March 6 19, 7:31 pm 
All-Star

I don’t believe the vaccinations-cause-autism theory for a second, but it’s very telling of people’s opinions toward autistic people that parents would rather avoid vaccinations and have a dead child than an autistic one. I’m autistic and have written articles about autism advocacy, and the fact that people are so afraid of the BIG BAD AUTISM MONSTER that they’ll risk their children’s lives speaks volumes about people’s ignorance toward the condition. It really hurts me to know that autism is vilified to such an extent that it’s become a scare tactic. There is still a huge lack of acceptance of the autistic population, and people and organizations that want to eliminate autism (looking at you, Autism Speaks) are horrifically misguided. We should be recognized for our unconventional ways of thinking and utilized for our unique skillsets instead of being infantilized and treated as burdens. But good luck getting all this to happen and getting the anti-vaxxers to learn about anything, be it studies about vaccinations or knowledge about autism. Especially under this administration.

Sorry. This is a topic I’m very passionate about.

PostPosted: March 6 19, 7:52 pm 
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

HardcoreCardsFan wrote:
I don’t believe the vaccinations-cause-autism theory for a second, but it’s very telling of people’s opinions toward autistic people that parents would rather avoid vaccinations and have a dead child than an autistic one. I’m autistic and have written articles about autism advocacy, and the fact that people are so afraid of the BIG BAD AUTISM MONSTER that they’ll risk their children’s lives speaks volumes about people’s ignorance toward the condition. It really hurts me to know that autism is vilified to such an extent that it’s become a scare tactic. There is still a huge lack of acceptance of the autistic population, and people and organizations that want to eliminate autism (looking at you, Autism Speaks) are horrifically misguided. We should be recognized for our unconventional ways of thinking and utilized for our unique skillsets instead of being infantilized and treated as burdens. But good luck getting all this to happen and getting the anti-vaxxers to learn about anything, be it studies about vaccinations or knowledge about autism. Especially under this administration.

Sorry. This is a topic I’m very passionate about.

Never be sorry about that. It was great to get some one who has autisms take on the subject. I have a 17 year old cousin with autism. He's amazingly talented and a wonderful kid but it really sucks to see him isolated from basically everyone but his family.