GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently August 24 19, 5:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 720 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72
PostPosted: September 26 17, 3:03 pm 
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

heyzeus wrote:
Oh, it'll be back in some other form. The only question is if they'll go harder-line (ie, [expletive] over even more people) to appeal to the Paul/Cruz contingent, or just try to throw enough pork at Collins/Murkowski until they can get them to cave.

Isn't it amazing that the only thing keeping millions of Americans covered with insurance is two women and a guy with a brain tumor?

I swear to God, there is a pathology inherent in the male psyche that is destroying the world.

PostPosted: September 27 17, 6:42 am 
bronoun enthusiast

G. Keenan wrote:
I swear to God, there is a pathology inherent in the male psyche that is destroying the world.

Have we talked about this? I think testosterone is going to end us as a species.

PostPosted: September 28 17, 9:42 am 
has a link from 538 to share

PostPosted: September 28 17, 9:59 am 
Hall Of Famer

PostPosted: September 28 17, 11:33 am 
tl;dr

Not only that but it is an open admission that they are working for those with money and not the rest of us who don't contribute to the GOP when referring to the drop in donations as an 'employer evaluation' or whatever.

As far as I'm concerned, that's an admission that they are actively trying to be bought. If they actively try and do only what brings in more donations then they are openly soliciting payments for their votes/bills.

Both sides do it and it enrages me. This fool was just dumb enough to put it out there publicly.

PostPosted: October 5 17, 11:45 pm 
Hall Of Famer

PostPosted: February 10 18, 8:48 am 
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Location: Clowns to the left of me. Jokers to the right. Here I am.

PostPosted: July 9 19, 4:26 pm 
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Location: Clowns to the left of me. Jokers to the right. Here I am.

Never say never.

PostPosted: July 10 19, 8:30 am 
Perennial All-Star

Evil resides in the white house.

Evil.

If you don't see that, ask yourself why not.

PostPosted: July 10 19, 10:34 am 
Hall Of Famer

Appeals court appears ready to rule Obamacare unconstitutional
Quote:
The Affordable Care Act, and the health coverage of millions of Americans, could face a major threat to its future. A federal appeals court in New Orleans appears ready to rule that a core provision of Obamacare is unconstitutional.

It's unclear exactly when the appeals court will rule, but whichever side loses at this stage is almost certain to appeal to the Supreme Court, setting up a potential legal showdown in the middle of the 2020 presidential race.

The Supreme Court previously ruled that the Affordable Care Act was constitutional because Congress has the power to tax people. It held that if people had to pay a penalty for not buying insurance, that payment was effectively a tax.

But Congress eliminated the penalty in 2017. Now, the court will decide if the rest of the Affordable Care Act is still constitutional without it.

In December, a federal judge in Texas ruled the law is unconstitutional without the tax. The Trump administration agreed with that ruling, and refused to defend the law -- so multiple states with Democratic attorneys general and the House of Representatives stepped in.

If the law is overturned, nearly 20 million people could lose their health insurance. Children would no longer be covered until age 26, and it could affect people with preexisting conditions.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 720 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72