GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently October 14 19, 7:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: 2020 Democratic Debates
PostPosted: June 27 19, 7:48 am 
Hall Of Famer

Interesting observation:

From what little I saw, Delaney and Tim Ryan seemed out of their element. Sounds like Booker came out pretty strong, and I haven't seen many of his clips yet.

Warren seemed to fully back Medicare for All and said she'll "fight for it", which I'm happy to hear. It's the biggest concern I had going with her over Bernie.

Also, I think Castro might be my 3rd choice right now, not that it will likely matter. But he seems like a good VP choice.

PostPosted: June 27 19, 7:59 am 
darjeeling sipping elite

Castro scored some points last night. This morning I watched some clips of Congressional hearings where he seemed a lot less progressive.

PostPosted: June 27 19, 8:21 am 
Replies Authoritatively

After last night Castro would be m first choice to see on a ticket w/ Warren. As a big believer that identity politics matter, getting big numbers of Hispanic and female voters out would make a huge difference, plus I like both of them on policy, character, and personality.

PostPosted: June 27 19, 11:01 am 
gone fission

33anda3rd wrote:
After last night Castro would be m first choice to see on a ticket w/ Warren. As a big believer that identity politics matter, getting big numbers of Hispanic and female voters out would make a huge difference, plus I like both of them on policy, character, and personality.

Yeah, Castro definitely upped his game last night and did a great job. He will certainly be getting additional visibility, which he needed. Ditto Klobuchar.

Despite getting very little mic time, I thought Gabbard put on a pretty solid showing, despite her sister crying about it on Twitter (which is getting quite a bit of national attention).

Warren is still my #1 choice, and I even went so far as to actually donate to her campaign earlier this week... Which is the first time I've ever actually donated to any political campaign or general party fund. Granted, it was only the $3 minimum, but still.

PostPosted: June 27 19, 3:19 pm 
Replies Authoritatively

Swirls wrote:
33anda3rd wrote:

Yeah, Castro definitely upped his game last night and did a great job. He will certainly be getting additional visibility, which he needed. Ditto Klobuchar.

Despite getting very little mic time, I thought Gabbard put on a pretty solid showing, despite her sister crying about it on Twitter (which is getting quite a bit of national attention).

Warren is still my #1 choice, and I even went so far as to actually donate to her campaign earlier this week... Which is the first time I've ever actually donated to any political campaign or general party fund. Granted, it was only the $3 minimum, but still.

Also donated this week, largely with the hope of getting an invite to her Chicago town hall tomorrow evening, which I’ll be angling to attend. I’ve got my question ready.

PostPosted: June 27 19, 8:49 pm 
Replies Authoritatively

Harris is throwing [expletive] haymakers at Biden and landing them all.

PostPosted: June 27 19, 9:09 pm 
Perennial All-Star

I was playing Star Wars: The Old Republic (Thursday is Imperial Conquest Night for my guild) from 6:30PM to 7:45PM and had the TV on in the background. I was wearing a headset so I could only hear the sounds of my guild members and the game sounds, but occasionally I would look at the TV. I could see Harris looking like she was giving Biden the business. Would be funny if Biden won the nomination and tried to get Harris to be his VP.

PostPosted: June 27 19, 9:22 pm 
bronoun enthusiast

Marianne is obviously a star. Bernie was weird and off balance all night. I don't think he knows how to handle no longer being wildly radical from the mainstream. Pete was incredibly eloquent but his energy was so much lower than everyone else that he got left out of all the big, memorable moments. Other than getting roasted for the killing in South bend.

Joe is really, really bad at this. Can't wait until we get down to like three candidates.

PostPosted: June 27 19, 9:30 pm 
Replies Authoritatively

Cedric Richmond, Biden's campaign co-chair, just staggered through defending the exchange on bussing and told Anderson Cooper, 20 minutes after the debate and at 11:30PM EST, that he's "talked to the people in the barbershops, talked to the people in the churches and they're telling me they saw Joe Biden listening."

Watching a talking head defend Biden on bussing in the 21st century is just kind of shocking.

PostPosted: June 27 19, 9:56 pm 
Hall Of Famer

33anda3rd wrote:

I hate the phrase "identity politics". I am obviously a big believer that we need minorities to win, but to me that's just "politics". "Identity politics" makes it sound like it is white candidates using various tactics to lure in minorities to push the right button on election day, but then likely abandoning them, like always. What I want to see is white candidates actually going over to the side of minorities and amplifying their voices and concerns and putting them into a platform. If the only thing they offer is "Look, I'm less racist than Trump and you can see that because I have a minority running mate", that will not get minorities real excited.