GatewayRedbirds.com
http://gatewayredbirds.com/forum/

Trump Pushes Republicans for Immediate Repeal of ACA
http://gatewayredbirds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=60346
Page 1 of 72

Author:  Michael [ January 10 17, 2:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Trump Pushes Republicans for Immediate Repeal of ACA

Quote:
President-elect Donald J. Trump pressed Republicans on Tuesday to move forward with the immediate repeal of the Affordable Care Act and to replace it very quickly thereafter, saying, “We have to get to business. Obamacare has been a catastrophic event.”

Mr. Trump’s position undercuts Republican leaders who want a quick vote to repeal President Obama’s signature domestic achievement but who also want to wait as long as two to three years to come up with an alternative. But he was also challenging the resolve of nervous Republicans in Congress who do not want any vote on a repeal until that replacement exists.

Mr. Trump, who seemed unclear about the timing of already scheduled votes in Congress this week, demanded a repeal vote “probably some time next week,” and said “the replace will be very quickly or simultaneously, very shortly thereafter.”

That demand is very likely impossible. Republicans in Congress are nowhere close to agreement on a major health bill that would replace President Obama’s signature domestic achievement. A number of Republicans in the House and Senate have said publicly that they wanted to hold off on voting to eviscerate the health law until a replacement measure could be negotiated.

For now, the Senate is planning to vote Thursday morning on a budget resolution that would set up parliamentary protections for a health care repeal bill that would have to emerge from House and Senate committees by Jan. 27. The House would vote on Friday if that budget measure clears the Senate.


Quote:
That plan is under pressure from Republicans who want to slow the process as they struggle for an agreement on what would follow repeal.

But Mr. Trump said there was no cause for delay. And he said he would not accept a delay of more than a few weeks before a replacement plan was voted on. “Long to me would be weeks,” he said. “It won’t be repeal and then two years later go in with another plan.” That directly contradicts House Speaker Paul D. Ryan’s plans.

Mr. Ryan, who met privately on Monday with top transition officials, agreed with Mr. Trump on the state of the Affordable Care Act, saying Tuesday that its marketplaces were in a “death spiral.” But he has argued that lawmakers need time to write a bipartisan health bill that would replace it.


Link


Despite all Republican complaining throughout the years they don't actually have coherent health care plan. Interesting times indeed.

Author:  pioneer98 [ January 10 17, 2:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Trump Pushes Republicans for Immediate Repeal of ACA

Michael wrote:
Despite all Republican complaining throughout the years they don't actually have coherent health care plan. Interesting times indeed.


Exactly. They've only had 8 years to come up with their own plan. Or ~24 years if you go back to when Hillarycare was first being pushed. That's how long this problem has been festering. Republicans have never offered a viable solution....unless you count Obamacare and Romneycare. a.k.a. what we have now.

Author:  IMADreamer [ January 10 17, 2:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Trump Pushes Republicans for Immediate Repeal of ACA

What's important is to do it as fast as we can. I mean it doesn't matter if it's good or work, just has to be fast.


God we are so screwed. For the record while Obamacare isn't perfect I'm much more afraid of what happens after it with the Republicans in charge. I assume it's something I can't afford.

Author:  Arthur Dent [ January 10 17, 2:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Trump Pushes Republicans for Immediate Repeal of ACA

Trump says he can't "accept" a delay, but what's he going to do when he finds out that there is one?

Author:  Michael [ January 10 17, 2:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Trump Pushes Republicans for Immediate Repeal of ACA

pioneer98 wrote:
Michael wrote:
Despite all Republican complaining throughout the years they don't actually have coherent health care plan. Interesting times indeed.


Exactly. They've only had 8 years to come up with their own plan. Or ~24 years if you go back to when Hillarycare was first being pushed. That's how long this problem has been festering. Republicans have never offered a viable solution....unless you count Obamacare and Romneycare. a.k.a. what we have now.


Hilariously (funny not funny), Trump never actually had a detailed health care plan for America during the election. Now no one actually knows what he wants. He's vaguely said folks with pre existing conditions will still have coverage and no one will lose coverage. Sounds like ACA?

Now despite the lack of detail he's demanding Republicans (throwing them under a bus) put together a plan quickly with little to no guidance. It's madness.

Author:  heyzeus [ January 10 17, 2:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Trump Pushes Republicans for Immediate Repeal of ACA

I can't tolerate any delay in catastrophically [expletive] over millions of people by terminating their access to healthcare. The American people won't stand for that. We have to leave them without care, with their health and the health of their families imperiled IMMEDIATELY. Anything less is failure.

Author:  themiddle54 [ January 10 17, 2:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Trump Pushes Republicans for Immediate Repeal of ACA

I think it's basically gamesmanship. Trump likes to win, and he likes to rub it in peoples' faces when he wins. His biggest desire isn't to eliminate Obamacare, but to kill it and install Trumpcare and then go "See, I gave America a better system." It won't matter if the system is better or worse, he'll say it's better and never back down, even if it's a disaster. And his supporters will believe him. To him, it's not about healthcare for people it's about Trump claiming a W for Trump. He wants this done quickly so he can start boasting quickly.

Author:  Freed Roger [ January 10 17, 2:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Trump Pushes Republicans for Immediate Repeal of ACA

Michael wrote:
Trump never actually had a detailed health care plan for America during the election. Now no one actually knows what he wants. He's vaguely said folks with pre existing conditions will still have coverage and no one will lose coverage. Sounds like ACA?

Now despite the lack of detail he's demanding Republicans (throwing them under a bus) put together a plan quickly with little to no guidance. It's madness.

He assumes some smart guys in the GOP have a plan ready to roll-out that he can wave his scepter over.

Author:  Michael [ January 10 17, 2:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Trump Pushes Republicans for Immediate Repeal of ACA

themiddle54 wrote:
I think it's basically gamesmanship. Trump likes to win, and he likes to rub it in peoples' faces when he wins. His biggest desire isn't to eliminate Obamacare, but to kill it and install Trumpcare and then go "See, I gave America a better system." It won't matter if the system is better or worse, he'll say it's better and never back down, even if it's a disaster. And his supporters will believe him. To him, it's not about healthcare for people it's about Trump claiming a W for Trump. He wants this done quickly so he can start boasting quickly.


I suspect he's knows it can't get done quickly like he promised on the campaign trail so he's making congress the fall guy. He's also setting them up to blame for any future failures.

Author:  Leroy [ January 10 17, 2:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Trump Pushes Republicans for Immediate Repeal of ACA

What good would busting their nuts for a replacement for the last 8 years do? I doubt Obama would veto his own great achievement.

I just don't think the ACA is working as planned. Yeah, the pre-existing thing is good. The 26 year old on their parent's plan? Why not until 30...50...forever?

Anyway, the cost of not getting coverage costs a single dude like 600 bucks. How many young people who haven't really been sick say they'd rather pay the insurance cost or the 600 bucks? They aren't...that's the problem. For already sick people it is great. For the young and healthy (who are supposed to be the drivers of the bus) are shying away. It isn't like social security, where they are forced to take that option.

Democrats were smart when they passed it though...pass first, think about it later. That way, those dependent on it will not have it taken away. Wise move.

Page 1 of 72 All times are UTC - 6 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/