GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently June 18 19, 6:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: THE WALL
PostPosted: January 10 19, 9:15 am 
99% conan clips

Quote:
Test of steel prototype for border wall showed it could be sawed through
NBC News obtained a photo showing results of a test on a steel wall prototype.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigr ... ed-n956856

Quote:
President Donald Trump has repeatedly advocated for a steel slat design for his border wall, which he described as "absolutely critical to border security" in his Oval Office address to the nation Tuesday. But Department of Homeland Security testing of a steel slat prototype proved it could be cut through with a saw, according to a report by DHS.

A photo exclusively obtained by NBC News shows the results of the test after military and Border Patrol personnel were instructed to attempt to destroy the barriers with common tools.

The Trump administration directed the construction of eight steel and concrete prototype walls that were built in Otay Mesa, California, just across the border from Tijuana, Mexico. Trump inspected the prototypes in March 2018. He has now settled on a steel slat, or steel bollard, design for the proposed border barrier additions. Steel bollard fencing has been used under previous administrations.

Quote:
However, testing by DHS in late 2017 showed all eight prototypes, including the steel slats, were vulnerable to breaching, according to an internal February 2018 U.S. Customs and Border Protection report.

Photos of the breaches were not included in a redacted version of the CBP report, which was first obtained in a Freedom of Information Act Request by San Diego public broadcaster KPBS.

The photo of testing results obtained by NBC News was taken at the testing location along the California-Mexico border, known as "Pogo Row."

PostPosted: January 10 19, 9:31 am 
Everday Unicorn

PostPosted: January 10 19, 9:35 am 
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

So you're telling me that humans have developed a technology that can cut through steel?? But it's steel. Steel! It's metal. How can you cut that? It's hard.

Next thing you know people will figure out how to dig tunnels under the Earth. Imagine that.

PostPosted: January 10 19, 9:47 am 
99% conan clips

PostPosted: January 10 19, 9:52 am 
99% conan clips

PostPosted: January 10 19, 10:47 am 
99% conan clips

PostPosted: January 10 19, 11:15 am 
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Location: Clowns to the left of me. Jokers to the right. Here I am.

I understand there were even peanut butter cups. What is it going to take, dems?

PostPosted: January 10 19, 11:17 am 
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Location: Clowns to the left of me. Jokers to the right. Here I am.
G. Keenan wrote:
So you're telling me that humans have developed a technology that can cut through steel?? But it's steel. Steel! It's metal. How can you cut that? It's hard.

Next thing you know people will figure out how to dig tunnels under the Earth. Imagine that.

Concrete is back on the table. See-thru concrete. Yeah, that’s the ticket!

PostPosted: January 10 19, 11:22 am 
Hall Of Famer

Radbird wrote:

I understand there were even peanut butter cups. What is it going to take, dems?

Nice skirt Sarah Sanders!

PostPosted: January 10 19, 12:30 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Jocephus wrote:
Quote:
Test of steel prototype for border wall showed it could be sawed through
NBC News obtained a photo showing results of a test on a steel wall prototype.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigr ... ed-n956856

This whole thing is like a mirror image of the gun debate. It's outlandish to say we're going to ban all guns and nobody but the most extreme people are saying that anyway. With this, we have someone who thinks we can somehow stop every immigrant from coming into the country. Equally outlandish. In both cases you have people trying to show how easily these measures of control will be defeated. The big difference is that with the immigration issue, the people taking the outlandish stance are actually in charge, have support, and have already implemented several harmful policies. The important thing for both guns and immigration is to deny these rights only to the truly violent people and terrorists, so everyone else can keep these rights (seeking asylum is a human right according to the U.N.).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 38  Next