GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently January 17 19, 11:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
 Post subject: Re: THE WALL
PostPosted: January 10 19, 4:48 pm 
Hall Of Famer

This video is going around again. Not sure I watched it the first time. Eerie

PostPosted: January 10 19, 4:52 pm 
Everday Unicorn

I think I've told y'all, but I'm representing a city on the border in South Texas that's having land condemned by the feds for the border wall. The comedy of errors is endless, but the newest one is great. The feds are having trouble pursuing their cases because Trump's shutdown of the government (you know, for a border wall) has shut down the offices and staff that they need to move forward on their condemnation cases to acquire the land needed to build the wall.

PostPosted: January 10 19, 5:00 pm 
bronoun enthusiast

PRESIDENT DEALS, BAY-BEEEEEE!

This is how it's done, chumps.

PostPosted: January 10 19, 6:51 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Lindsey Graham now urging Trump to use emergency powers. I don't know these people anymore. I'm frightened for what the future holds here.

PostPosted: January 10 19, 6:57 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
I don't know these people anymore.

Like we ever did.

PostPosted: January 10 19, 7:30 pm 
Hall Of Famer

doe_boy wrote:
Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
I don't know these people anymore.

Like we ever did.

Really.

PostPosted: January 10 19, 9:04 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
Lindsey Graham now urging Trump to use emergency powers. I don't know these people anymore. I'm frightened for what the future holds here.

PostPosted: January 10 19, 10:21 pm 
Hall Of Famer

heyzeus wrote:
I think I've told y'all, but I'm representing a city on the border in South Texas that's having land condemned by the feds for the border wall. The comedy of errors is endless, but the newest one is great. The feds are having trouble pursuing their cases because Trump's shutdown of the government (you know, for a border wall) has shut down the offices and staff that they need to move forward on their condemnation cases to acquire the land needed to build the wall.

This deserves a LOL.

PostPosted: January 10 19, 11:40 pm 
Hall Of Famer

33anda3rd wrote:

This really puts on display the levels of stupid the Republicans have cornered the market on.

Obama gives a speech, calls border politics a "humanitarian crisis."

Trump Tweets those exact words saying "See U Guys? Crisis? Even the guy I say is the devil says so." Without acknowledging--and let's be honest, without probably comprehending--that ol Barry is not saying words that Trump agrees with.

71,000 people in the span of a couple hours click on the little heart button on Trump tweeting that misunderstanding.

Huckabee re-tweets the tweet, saying "See U Guys? For you Dems Obama = LIAR" when Trump is claiming that Obama is saying what Trump is saying. And this is a guy who analyzes news and explains the world to the GOP flocks.

The levels of stupidity are just absolutely staggering, and what's sad is the GOP voters/party as a whole is not intelligent enough to just look at the surface layer of all of this and go "come on, guys, do the two of you not have any connection to reality." Instead they eat this crap up.

It's willful ignorance. They know damn well that they don't agree with Obama. It's just pure propaganda. 2+2=5

PostPosted: January 11 19, 7:50 am 
Hall Of Famer

This needs to happen. The proceeds can go to fund RAICES or similar efforts.

Roger Waters considers performing Pink Floyd’s The Wall on US-Mexico border
Quote:
Speaking to AFP, Waters explained that The Wall is “very relevant now with Mr. Trump and all of this talk of building walls and creating as much enmity as possible between races and religions. He noted the the album is “about how detrimental building walls can be on a personal level, but also on broader levels.”

Thus, Waters is prepared to stage a performance of the album near where Trump’s wall is to be built.

“There will first need to be an awakening against these far-right policies. The sewers are engorged by greedy and powerful men as I speak to you,” Waters added. “Music is a legitimate place to express protest, musicians have an absolute right, a duty, to open their mouths to speak out.”

Waters previously likened Trump’s candidacy to the rise of Adolph Hitler in 1930s Germany, calling Trumpism “just as dangerous” as Fascism. At recent concerts, he’s mocked America’s new president by depicting him as a dildo-loving Nazi with a micro-penis.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next