GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently September 21 18, 12:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: September 14 17, 10:15 am 
MLB.TV Customer Support

mikechamp wrote:
Jocephus wrote:
Quote:
Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin requested a military jet to fly him and his wife, Louise Linton, to their European honeymoon this summer, raising questions again about the wealthy couple's use of government aircraft.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... itary-jet/

Why would he need to use a military jet? Doesn't he have his own?

(Disclaimer: I was lazy and didn't read the article.)

Allegedly secure communications since he's on the National Security Council for some reason.

PostPosted: September 14 17, 3:42 pm 
Perennial All-Star

vinsanity wrote:
mikechamp wrote:
Jocephus wrote:
Quote:
Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin requested a military jet to fly him and his wife, Louise Linton, to their European honeymoon this summer, raising questions again about the wealthy couple's use of government aircraft.

Allegedly secure communications since he's on the National Security Council for some reason.

I read about this issue (not that exact article). He requested to use the jet, but didn't actually use the jet. But because he might have been trying to pull a fast one, they are looking into all his travel. He's already said he will reimburse the U.S. for his fiancee's travel from last month.

My guess is this is just a case of a wealthy egomaniac seeing what he could get away with.

PostPosted: September 14 17, 3:45 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

mikechamp wrote:
vinsanity wrote:
mikechamp wrote:
Jocephus wrote:
Quote:

I read about this issue (not that exact article). He requested to use the jet, but didn't actually use the jet. But because he might have been trying to pull a fast one, they are looking into all his travel. He's already said he will reimburse the U.S. for his fiancee's travel from last month.

My guess is this is just a case of a wealthy egomaniac seeing what he could get away with.

A helluva guy to have overlooking the United States Treasury.

PostPosted: September 15 17, 10:48 am 
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Freed Roger wrote:
mikechamp wrote:
vinsanity wrote:
mikechamp wrote:
Jocephus wrote:
Quote:

A helluva guy to have overlooking the United States Treasury.

Remember the broohaha over Mnuchin's wife's Instagram? She posted a pic of herself descending the steps of a government plane in Kentucky and tagged all the name brand fashion designers she was wearing. Then, when someone called her out, she berated that person for not being as rich as her. Why were they on that plane in the first place? Because Mnuchin said he needed to go to Fort Knox to make sure the gold was still there. I [expletive] you not. But the real purpose was to get to Kentucky so he and his wife could be in the path of totality for the eclipse. Seriously. Mnuchin denies that he even watched the eclipse, but there is a photo of him standing next to a Senator holding eclipse glasses. And the taxpayers paid for that.

PostPosted: September 15 17, 1:58 pm 
Perennial All-Star

I read that he went down there to meet with McConnell to discuss tax reform... and also see the eclipse.

PostPosted: September 19 17, 3:09 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Freed Roger wrote:
cardinalkarp wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:
Trump ethics watchdog moves to allow anonymous gifts to legal defense funds

Quote:
the Office of Government Ethics says funds benefiting aides caught up in Russia probes may accept anonymous gifts from lobbyists.

Well, what a great job by the Office of Government Ethics to be as unethical as possible.

there isn't one iota of ethics left - not even in form of lip service or appearance. Not sure why anyone in business world - law, finance, supply chain etc has to follow ethics laws and codes when conflicts of interest are irrelevant at the highest level of government.

Well, that didn't take him long. I'm thinking this article is in reference to the laws he changed that now allows him to do this.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/exclusive-trump-using-campaign-rnc-funds-pay-legal-195535169.html

PostPosted: September 20 17, 1:47 am 
Single A Minor League Player

mikechamp wrote:
I read that he went down there to meet with McConnell to discuss tax reform... and also see the eclipse.

So he has nothing better to do than watching the eclipse.

Last edited by Harry Kane on November 22 17, 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: September 25 17, 9:31 am 
Veteran Player

I'm more than happy to see the discussion, but it seems like using g-ment planes for your cabinet Sachs-men is something any Clinton, Bush, or Obama would do. Is that not the case?

PostPosted: September 25 17, 10:57 am 
tl;dr

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
I'm more than happy to see the discussion, but it seems like using g-ment planes for your cabinet Sachs-men is something any Clinton, Bush, or Obama would do. Is that not the case?

Apparently the past couple of people who held his position under the previous administrations flew commercial.

PostPosted: September 29 17, 3:16 pm 
Perennial All-Star

Price traveled by private plane at least 24 times

Price took military jets to Europe, Asia for over $500K

Price resigns from HHS after facing fire for travel

Tom Price, as a congressman, attacked Nancy Pelosi for using a charter plane. I'm watching CNN about this and it was said that Trump, while not minding spending money on his own travel, has been stingy when it comes to his associates, even his kids.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next