GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently November 12 19, 5:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: June 5 19, 12:28 pm 
99% conan clips

PostPosted: July 2 19, 7:46 am 
Hall Of Famer

So I think it's Booker, Beto, and Castro so far with immigration plans. Hopefully Warren has something on this soon.

PostPosted: July 2 19, 8:09 am 
darjeeling sipping elite

Do any of these immigration plans have anything in them that addresses what we have done to destabilize countries in the name of capitalism and American business interests?

PostPosted: July 2 19, 8:17 am 
Hall Of Famer

lukethedrifter wrote:
Do any of these immigration plans have anything in them that addresses what we have done to destabilize countries in the name of capitalism and American business interests?

They should but seems like it's sort of dependent on those countries to do the right thing with aid that's given to them. I don't know much about what options there are to make sure that happens. Don't think we want to do too much bossing around either.

PostPosted: July 2 19, 8:29 am 
darjeeling sipping elite

ghostrunner wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:

They should but seems like it's sort of dependent on those countries to do the right thing with aid that's given to them. I don't know much about what options there are to make sure that happens. Don't think we want to do too much bossing around either.

Aid is what happens after we’ve gone in and destroyed their economy in the name of business interests. Let me find the podcast where they talked about reason for the recent refugee crisis from northern Central America and link it.

PostPosted: July 2 19, 8:43 am 
Hall Of Famer

lukethedrifter wrote:
ghostrunner wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:

Aid is what happens after we’ve gone in and destroyed their economy in the name of business interests. Let me find the podcast where they talked about reason for the recent refugee crisis from northern Central America and link it.

I mean ideally you don't wreck it, I'm just saying it seems difficult after the fact to solve it with cash. I'm all for increasing aid though.

PostPosted: July 2 19, 9:35 am 
darjeeling sipping elite

ghostrunner wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:
ghostrunner wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:

I mean ideally you don't wreck it, I'm just saying it seems difficult after the fact to solve it with cash. I'm all for increasing aid though.

I’m all for educating Americans on the causes of refugee crises and trying figure out how to get them to understand our role as a nation- in a way that doesn’t make everyone get defensive.

Sure. Aid too. Aid that helps countries recover from the damage and exploitation.

PostPosted: July 2 19, 10:48 am 
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

So this is what it was like to be a non nazi in the 30s and 40s in Germany. We should be doing something about the concentration camps here in America but we are all sitting around hoping someone else will. Me included.

I'll be honest I'm pretty upset with myself but I don't know what to do. I feel like I'm letting down my fellow humans by not getting a band of people together storming the camps and freeing the prisoners.

PostPosted: July 2 19, 9:25 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

ticking time tomb in detention centers
Yep, jammed into cages. You wouldn't treat dogs that poorly. What a Very UnChristian nation we are. Or are we, in the historical arc?

Thank goodness we have tanks and other phallic symbols for this sh×thole country to celebrate

PostPosted: July 3 19, 2:49 pm 
99% conan clips

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next