GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently January 17 20, 10:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: February 17 17, 9:39 am 
'Burb Boy

wut

PostPosted: February 17 17, 10:05 am 
Hall Of Famer

MrCrowesGarden wrote:

wut

Going to have to adjust the NG ad campaigns.

PostPosted: February 17 17, 10:27 am 
tl;dr

I don't necessarily have an issue with deporting illegal immigrants however I have a HUGE problem with mobilizing the National Guard to round people up. There is no way they will have proper training and knowledge when it comes to all of the legal/civil rights aspects and I am not OK with harassing legal residents and detaining them just because they look like they 'might be here illegally' and I would be willing to bet money that is what is going to happen.

When you send poorly trained troops (with regard to immigration law) into the wild to round people up rights will be violated no matter what the intentions of the troops are simply because the direction they will be given will come from multiple sources and it will be conflicting and incomplete.

PostPosted: February 17 17, 10:53 am 
Everday Unicorn

It may be time to merge this thread with the "how will we know we're living in a fascist state" thread.

PostPosted: February 17 17, 10:57 am 
Hall Of Famer

Detained Dreamer's Lawyers Say Government Doctored Legal Document to Try and Prove False Gang Affiliation
Quote:
Lawyers for Daniel Ramirez Medina, the twice-authorized, 23-year-old DACA recipient who was scooped up by immigration enforcement near Seattle last week, say that government officials doctored a legal document at the Northwest Detention Center in an attempt to prove that Ramirez Medina belonged to a gang.

The allegation of government misconduct is outlined in a brief filed by Ramirez Medina's lawyers in US District Court in Seattle. The lawyers say that when Ramirez Medina—who has been detained inside the Tacoma's Northwest Detention Center's gang unit for a week—tried to petition to be removed from the gang unit, part of his written petition was erased.

The brief states Ramirez Medina originally wrote: “I came in and the officers said I have gang affiliation with gangs so I wear an orange uniform. I do not have a criminal history and I’m not affiliated with any gangs.”

But according to an additional declaration filed to the court, the statement returned to Medina by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officials five days later says: "I have gang affiliation with gangs so I wear an orange uniform. I do not have a criminal history and I’m not affiliated with any gangs.”

The document filed to the court bears clear signs of erased words. (See the image above.)

PostPosted: February 17 17, 11:27 am 
tl;dr

I just looked at the picture on that link and are you freaking kidding me? A third grader would know that it was obvious somebody tampered with that statement and know that part of it was erased. Even from the picture I think you can even read what was erased!!!

PostPosted: February 20 17, 4:19 pm 
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

So now we have elected members of Congress with Hispanic heritage being excluded from their own committee meetings with ICE? This is so sickening. Our country is about to embark on something I don't think we every really thought could happen here. The mass roundups are coming. These are hardworking people being scapegoated by a cynical son of a [expletive].

Gutiérrez On Being Asked To Leave ICE Meeting In Capitol By Speaker Ryan And Chairman Goodlatte

Quote:
Washington, DC – Today, Rep. Luis V. Gutiérrez (D-IL) issued a statement in response to being excluded from a meeting in the U.S. Capitol with Acting Director Thomas Homan of ICE. Rep. Gutiérrez was asked to leave the meeting by staffers for Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI) at the request of Judiciary Chairman Bob Goodlatte (R-VA) and Speaker Ryan. Several other Members were excluded from the meeting with the ICE official, including Reps. Nanette Barragán (D-CA), Tony Cárdenas (D-CA), Emanuel Cleaver (D-MO), Lou Correa (D-CA), Ruben Kihuen (D-NV), Grace Napolitano (D-CA), Norma Torres (D-CA), and Juan Vargas (D-CA).

Rep. Gutiérrez was among the Members who requested the meeting with the Acting ICE Director in a letter on February 11 (http://bit.ly/2lYxChf). A meeting originally scheduled for Tuesday with the Congressional Hispanic Caucus and other Democrats in the House was cancelled at the last minute by ICE. It was rescheduled to today and turned into a Republican-led meeting run by Chairman Goodlatte and was apparently made invitation-only. Members were told by Chairman Goodltte at the meeting that any further meetings with ICE officials would have to be cleared by the Republican Judiciary Committee Chairman.

PostPosted: February 21 17, 7:45 am 
Hall Of Famer

PostPosted: February 21 17, 3:01 pm 
has a link from 538 to share

Trump lays groundwork for mass deportations:

Quote:
President Donald Trump pledged during his campaign to create a deportation force. Now, he’s equipped federal immigration agents with the tools to potentially remove millions of immigrants from the country.

The Department of Homeland Security issued a pair of guidance memos Tuesday that gives federal immigration agents wide latitude to arrest, detain and deport undocumented immigrants and legal immigrants with criminal records.

Quote:
The Trump administration’s deportation push will not be limited to undocumented immigrants. The memo stresses that all “removable aliens” could be subject to immigration enforcement under the new guidelines.

Full Story

PostPosted: February 22 17, 8:35 am 
Perennial All-Star

Studies have shown that it will cost 400-600 billion to enforce mass deportation and take 20 years.

This doesn't include the additional 22+ billion to construct the wall, 1,000,000,000 per year it will cost to employ BP and ICE agents, as well as not including the equipment for 15K workers or their retirement plans in 20 years.

We'll off-set it 7 billion in tax cuts and repeal Obamacare which will cost 3 million jobs and 350 billion.

The cost of mass deportation on the economy:

Real GDP would drop by 1.7 trillion and economic growth would slow by 5.7%.

All of this for.....

https://www.pri.org/stories/2017-01-18/ ... ly-s-story

Maybe we're going after the wrong illegals?

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/thisisthat/this ... -1.3901188

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next