GatewayRedbirds.com
http://gatewayredbirds.com/forum/

Immigration raids and deportations
http://gatewayredbirds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=60497
Page 10 of 13

Author:  UK [ March 3 17, 6:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Immigration raids and deportations

The DHS is considering separating mother and child if they get caught coming into America. I can only imagine the logisitcs of this.

They want to use is it as a deterrent to come here illegally.

I can only imagine the response if they actually enacted this.

Author:  Michael [ March 6 17, 3:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Immigration raids and deportations

Welp, we have a new Travel ban. This one has a better chance of making it though the courts.

Trump signs new travel-ban directive


Quote:
President Donald Trump has signed a new executive order placing a 90-day ban on people from six mainly Muslim nations.
Iraq - which was covered in the previous seven-nation order - has been removed from the new one after agreeing additional visa vetting measures.
The directive, which includes a 120-day ban on all refugees, takes effect on 16 March..



edit - stuff that's different:

- Drops Iraq from the list of banned countries
- Makes clear that lawful permanent residents (green card holders) are excluded from ban
- Removed minority religion exceptions

Author:  pioneer98 [ March 7 17, 10:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Immigration raids and deportations


Author:  Freed Roger [ March 8 17, 11:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Immigration raids and deportations

My mother-in-law's landscape company told her they may have to sub the work out - don't think they will have enough staff back for the season.

Author:  UK [ March 9 17, 9:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Immigration raids and deportations

Freed Roger wrote:
My mother-in-law's landscape company told her they may have to sub the work out - don't think they will have enough staff back for the season.



More jobs! #MAGA

Post it on Indeed and let me know the response as these positions are always in such demand.

Author:  Freed Roger [ March 9 17, 9:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Immigration raids and deportations

UK wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:
My mother-in-law's landscape company told her they may have to sub the work out - don't think they will have enough staff back for the season.



More jobs! #MAGA

Post it on Indeed and let me know the response as these positions are always in such demand.

I should clarify, she is just a customer of the landscape company.

She was told that the migrant workers may not magically appear this year.

Author:  ghostrunner [ March 9 17, 11:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Immigration raids and deportations

Michael wrote:
Welp, we have a new Travel ban. This one has a better chance of making it though the courts.

Trump signs new travel-ban directive


Quote:
President Donald Trump has signed a new executive order placing a 90-day ban on people from six mainly Muslim nations.
Iraq - which was covered in the previous seven-nation order - has been removed from the new one after agreeing additional visa vetting measures.
The directive, which includes a 120-day ban on all refugees, takes effect on 16 March..



edit - stuff that's different:

- Drops Iraq from the list of banned countries
- Makes clear that lawful permanent residents (green card holders) are excluded from ban
- Removed minority religion exceptions


Hawaii Attorney General said on NPR this AM that it's likely going to have the same problem with previous and recent statements with respect to the intent (Muslim ban). Stephen Miller even wrote in the new order that it was re-worded to avoid legal issues, however that implies it wasn't to change the intent.

Author:  pioneer98 [ March 20 17, 8:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Immigration raids and deportations

Using ICE as a method of political retaliation.


Author:  ghostrunner [ May 29 19, 7:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Immigration raids and deportations

I think Beto and Castro are now the only ones to put forth an immigration plan. Really surprised that’s the case. These aren’t as specific as they could be, but they seem generous and mostly practical. And it’s more than anyone else is suggesting.

Quote:
Some highlights of O'Rourke's immigration plan are:

Work with Congress for a pathway to citizenship for 11 million undocumented immigrants, including "Dreamers" brought to the U.S. as children.

Increase visa caps, end a green-card backlog and make the naturalization process easier.

Add U.S. Customs and Border Protection staff to the ports of entry to reduce wait times and fight drug smuggling. Halt work on Trump's border wall.

End the controversial "Metering" and "Remain in Mexico" policies that make asylum seekers wait in Mexico.

Streamline asylum process by adding judges, interpreters and court staff, including deploying 2,000 lawyers to the border to improve right to counsel.

Work with other nations and invest $5 billion for development, security and improvements in the Northern Triangle.

Address impunity, corruption and weak institutions that benefit the "governing elites" in the Northern Triangle, which is made up of Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador.



Edit - looks like the plan on his site is much more thorough than the article I cribbed that list from

https://betoorourke.com/immigration/

Author:  wart57 [ May 29 19, 10:20 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Immigration raids and deportations

ghostrunner wrote:
I think Beto and Castro are now the only ones to put forth an immigration plan. Really surprised that’s the case. These aren’t as specific as they could be, but they seem generous and mostly practical. And it’s more than anyone else is suggesting.

Quote:
Some highlights of O'Rourke's immigration plan are:

Work with Congress for a pathway to citizenship for 11 million undocumented immigrants, including "Dreamers" brought to the U.S. as children.

Increase visa caps, end a green-card backlog and make the naturalization process easier.

Add U.S. Customs and Border Protection staff to the ports of entry to reduce wait times and fight drug smuggling. Halt work on Trump's border wall.

End the controversial "Metering" and "Remain in Mexico" policies that make asylum seekers wait in Mexico.

Streamline asylum process by adding judges, interpreters and court staff, including deploying 2,000 lawyers to the border to improve right to counsel.

Work with other nations and invest $5 billion for development, security and improvements in the Northern Triangle.

Address impunity, corruption and weak institutions that benefit the "governing elites" in the Northern Triangle, which is made up of Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador.



Edit - looks like the plan on his site is much more thorough than the article I cribbed that list from

https://betoorourke.com/immigration/


Those look like a good starting point to me. We have to make it easier for people who want to come here, to get here and make a good life for themselves.

Page 10 of 13 All times are UTC - 6 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/