GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently July 16 18, 3:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
PostPosted: March 15 18, 10:15 am 
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

ghostrunner wrote:
I don't think they're screwed, but....why why why why why?

Maybe you could, I don't know, at least bargain for something in exchange?

A fair number are probably going to vote for the torture overseer to head the CIA. We'll see.

Without looking into it, is there anything wrong with this nominee, other than that he's been nominated by Trump?

Reflexively opposing everything Trump does just because it's Trump isn't much of a strategy for Democrats.

PostPosted: March 15 18, 10:23 am 
MLB.TV Customer Support

G. Keenan wrote:
Reflexively opposing everything Trump does just because it's Trump isn't much of a strategy for Democrats.

And can make life difficult for red state Senate Democrats in November this year.

Joe Donnelly (IN) votes with Trump roughly 54% of the time; Rand Paul and Susan Collins are 75% of the time (lowest GOP). Elizabeth Warren (9%) wouldn't get elected in Indiana. Todd Young (94%) did. Who is better for the US in the senate? Donnelly or Young?

PostPosted: March 15 18, 11:06 am 
Hall Of Famer

vinsanity wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:

And can make life difficult for red state Senate Democrats in November this year.

Joe Donnelly (IN) votes with Trump roughly 54% of the time; Rand Paul and Susan Collins are 75% of the time (lowest GOP). Elizabeth Warren (9%) wouldn't get elected in Indiana. Todd Young (94%) did. Who is better for the US in the senate? Donnelly or Young?

I suppose in this case they didn't have any leverage. Looks like it would have split with Pence deciding. Even so, we just had a vote of DACA where the President made zero concessions. I don't think a Democrat should approve any CBP head without concessions on that issue.

Donnelly's voted no on almost all of Trump's major appointments. I don't see why any other confirmation vote would have any effect. Except Gorsuch maybe, who he did approve.

PostPosted: March 17 18, 8:24 am 
99% conan clips

PostPosted: March 17 18, 10:53 am 
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

G. Keenan wrote:
ghostrunner wrote:
I don't think they're screwed, but....why why why why why?

Maybe you could, I don't know, at least bargain for something in exchange?

A fair number are probably going to vote for the torture overseer to head the CIA. We'll see.

Without looking into it, is there anything wrong with this nominee, other than that he's been nominated by Trump?

Yes they should. Shut this [expletive] country down. We can not allow the traitors to govern like it's ok. The bargaining chip needs to be not a [expletive] thing happens in this country until the traitors are removed from office. Period. These people get put into office and they enact their totalitarian style government and move us one step closer to never having a legitimate country again.

[expletive] these people and [expletive] anyone who still supports them. Quit trying to appease them and quit pretending any Trump supporter is ever voting for a democrat.

McCabe just got fired, guess what Mueller is next, and nothing happens when he does. We are on the brink here and there is only one way we come back. We have to stand for what is right and completely shut down all the traitors.

PostPosted: May 26 18, 7:17 am 
Hall Of Famer

Tom Perez endorsed Cuomo in NY, despite saying the DNC shouldn’t endorse in primaries. I was wrong about him.

PostPosted: May 29 18, 3:16 pm 
Perennial All-Star

Why should we have any assurance that the same (or worse) election meddling won't occur in 2018? I mean, the current regime has no vested interest in correcting the flaws that made us vulnerable in 2016, and the Ruskies have had another 2 years to plan/coordinate/recruit.

I am starting to think the "blue wave" will be more like a fart in the bathtub.

PostPosted: May 29 18, 7:44 pm 
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

GeddyWrox wrote:
Why should we have any assurance that the same (or worse) election meddling won't occur in 2018? I mean, the current regime has no vested interest in correcting the flaws that made us vulnerable in 2016, and the Ruskies have had another 2 years to plan/coordinate/recruit.

Yeah I've been thinking that a while. All this craziness is normalized now. We are so [expletive].

PostPosted: May 30 18, 12:11 am 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

My 20 something niece told me the trouble she had voting. Hadn't had a chance to update her license to her new location. fortunately she had a friend there voting, who signed an affadavit vouching for her. (november 2016). I think this is common for college aged people and people that rent/move around.

GOP will do anything and everything to avoid a fair vote of the people.

PostPosted: May 30 18, 7:04 am 
Replies Authoritatively

GeddyWrox wrote:

That child [expletive] of an ignorant hillbilly racist "Judge" in Alabama lost because black folks. In the Trump era.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next