GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently December 10 18, 2:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: January 17 18, 3:12 pm 
99% conan clips

Quote:
President Trump and House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) were alone in the presidential suite on Air Force One, flying east toward Washington in early October, when the president reached for a handful of Starbursts, the square-shaped candy fruit chews.

But instead of unwrapping all the treats, the president was careful to pluck out and eat two flavors: cherry and strawberry, McCarthy noticed.

“We’re there, having a little dessert, and he offers me some,” McCarthy recalled in an interview. “Just the red and the pink. A bit later, a couple of his aides saw me with those colors and told me, ‘Those are the president’s favorites.’ ”

Days later, the No. 2 Republican in the House — known for his relentless cultivation of political alliances — bought a plentiful supply of Starbursts and asked a staffer to sort through the pile, placing only those two flavors in a jar. McCarthy made sure his name was on the side of the gift, which was delivered to a grinning Trump, according to a White House official.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html

PostPosted: January 17 18, 3:22 pm 
just can't quit you.

Jocephus wrote:
Quote:
President Trump and House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) were alone in the presidential suite on Air Force One, flying east toward Washington in early October, when the president reached for a handful of Starbursts, the square-shaped candy fruit chews.

But instead of unwrapping all the treats, the president was careful to pluck out and eat two flavors: cherry and strawberry, McCarthy noticed.

“We’re there, having a little dessert, and he offers me some,” McCarthy recalled in an interview. “Just the red and the pink. A bit later, a couple of his aides saw me with those colors and told me, ‘Those are the president’s favorites.’ ”

Days later, the No. 2 Republican in the House — known for his relentless cultivation of political alliances — bought a plentiful supply of Starbursts and asked a staffer to sort through the pile, placing only those two flavors in a jar. McCarthy made sure his name was on the side of the gift, which was delivered to a grinning Trump, according to a White House official.

Strawberry Starburst's are an abomination, lemon is where it's at...

PostPosted: January 17 18, 5:39 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Jocephus wrote:
Quote:

Seem like a good use of public money, staffer sorting starbursts.
...He also claimed to not be a birther ever, but hosted birthers movement nuts in his office.
http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/17/politics/kfile-mccarthy-birther-meeting/index.html

PostPosted: January 17 18, 5:40 pm 

Jocephus wrote:
Quote:

Seem like a good use of public money, staffer sorting starbursts.
...He also claimed to not be a birther ever, but hosted the assorted movement nuts in his office.
http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/17/politics/kfile-mccarthy-birther-meeting/index.html

PostPosted: January 30 18, 4:14 pm 

I suspect they will tonight. In order to stroke his very very small pecker.

PostPosted: January 30 18, 4:39 pm 
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Paul Ryan says it's time to "cleanse" the fbi. We need to be in the streets right now. We need to cleanse America of Republicans.

PostPosted: January 30 18, 6:10 pm 
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

Crazy idea, I know, but has anyone bothered to ask why the presumption is that a democrat can't do their job without being "unfair"?

PostPosted: January 31 18, 10:58 am 
'Burb Boy

The universe has a sense of humor.

PostPosted: January 31 18, 1:36 pm 
Consider him admonished

MrCrowesGarden wrote:
The universe has a sense of humor.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/dead-accident- ... d=52741522

One person dead. You're right. Hilarious.

PostPosted: January 31 18, 1:54 pm 
'Burb Boy

I posted before I knew someone died. That's awful.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 23  Next