GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently May 27 18, 11:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29
PostPosted: January 23 18, 11:18 am 
tl;dr

Michael wrote:
I was looking at Schwab recently and the reviews are pretty good. If I had to do it all over again I might have gone with Schwab over Vanguard for my taxable account. Vanguard has some benefits over Schwab, but Schwab's customer service and website have better reputations. They are pretty similar fees wise with basic index funds.

I got lucky with Schwab because I got some stock options through work years ago (long gone now) and Schwab was who handled those for us. I can definitely vouch for the customer service and website. Other than the options, I've never really looked into trading with them even though I still technically have a brokerage account open.

I never actually looked into other banks. I thought I was OK with Regions until I was hooked up with Schwab and found out about their offerings.

PostPosted: January 28 18, 8:36 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Remember all those times you said you'd pay more for decent burgers and fries, if they paid the employees more? Now Shake Shak st louis gives you a chance. 1 cheesburger, a double burger, two fries and two sodas. $26. Think what a shake or two would do to that bill. Or bacon cheese fries.

Mixed feelings - not sure how much the extra costs get passed along. Its decent food ( big wait. , but expected that. )I dunno -seems sort of Do-gooder gimmicky for lefties in the same vein as chik-fila sunday thing for the righteous.

[expletive] it. I'll go back - when the lines die down

PostPosted: January 29 18, 7:25 am 
bronoun enthusiast

I really enjoy how the prestige fast food burger wars between SS and In 'N Out extends to the quality of life for their workers.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/na ... 065434001/

PostPosted: January 29 18, 9:01 am 
tl;dr

Freed Roger wrote:
Remember all those times you said you'd pay more for decent burgers and fries, if they paid the employees more? Now Shake Shak st louis gives you a chance. 1 cheesburger, a double burger, two fries and two sodas. $26. Think what a shake or two would do to that bill. Or bacon cheese fries.

Mixed feelings - not sure how much the extra costs get passed along. Its decent food ( big wait. , but expected that. )I dunno -seems sort of Do-gooder gimmicky for lefties in the same vein as chik-fila sunday thing for the righteous.

I still haven't been to Shake Shack. In the beginning it was because of the lines I knew they would have but since... I've just kind of forgotten about them. I need to go try them soon. How bad are the lines still?

PostPosted: January 29 18, 9:45 am 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

tlombard wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:

I still haven't been to Shake Shack. In the beginning it was because of the lines I knew they would have but since... I've just kind of forgotten about them. I need to go try them soon. How bad are the lines still?

they were out the door - but it was lunch time/weekend/nice day.

Wish we had In N Out Burger.

PostPosted: January 29 18, 9:52 am 
Hall Of Famer

thrill wrote:
I really enjoy how the prestige fast food burger wars between SS and In 'N Out extends to the quality of life for their workers.

In'N'Out is weird. So many working each shift and the wages/benefits they pay. Even though there are almost always lines, it doesn't seem like they make enough. My wife and I run calculations but we must be missing something.

PostPosted: January 29 18, 10:15 am 
Don't tone police me bro!

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
thrill wrote:

In'N'Out is weird. So many working each shift and the wages/benefits they pay. Even though there are almost always lines, it doesn't seem like they make enough. My wife and I run calculations but we must be missing something.

It's a front

PostPosted: January 29 18, 11:17 am 
Hall Of Famer

Schlich wrote:
Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
thrill wrote:

It's a front

Obvious commies.
But really, we sat there and counted the number served in 15 minutes with lines, gave them an average of $7.50 each. Then counted at least 30 workers at 13/hr. And we certainly didn't count a manager making 80 / hr.

With all that it didn't seem to pencil out. It's privately held so maybe it's just a well disguised welfare program.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29