GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently September 21 19, 1:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
PostPosted: October 2 18, 12:43 pm 
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

wow that seems like huge positive news. I think Amazon was starting to take some big PR hits with how rich Bezos is and how much the company is worth so they probably had to do something, but major props for them for doing something.

PostPosted: October 2 18, 12:46 pm 
bronoun enthusiast

Bezos specifically tagging Bernie in an obviously coordinated roll-out between their social media teams is interesting.

PostPosted: October 2 18, 2:52 pm 
Perennial All-Star

IMADreamer wrote:
wow that seems like huge positive news. I think Amazon was starting to take some big PR hits with how rich Bezos is and how much the company is worth so they probably had to do something, but major props for them for doing something.

Is there anywhere to see the break down of where his money comes from? Does amazon just do so many sales that small profits add up? Are their exorbitant profits from certain products? I’m not going anywhere with this just curious where it all comes from.

PostPosted: October 2 18, 2:55 pm 
Perennial All-Star

Michael wrote:
Amazon is raising min wage to $15 dollars for all employees. Additionally, Amazon’s public policy team will also begin advocating for an increase in the federal minimum wage. Gotta give props to Bernie for pressuring them:

That amazon gave its employees that raise is awesome. See it can be done without a law requiring it.

On the other hand I read an interesting piece this morning that they are pushing for the increase in non wage because they think it will drive competitors out of business.

PostPosted: October 2 18, 3:40 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Diddy wrote:
Michael wrote:
Amazon is raising min wage to $15 dollars for all employees. Additionally, Amazon’s public policy team will also begin advocating for an increase in the federal minimum wage. Gotta give props to Bernie for pressuring them:

That amazon gave its employees that raise is awesome. See it can be done without a law requiring it.

Yea, it can an should be that way - without a law requirement. (but it end up that way) Weird, they took the that $15 # though, if purely a market-based decision.

PostPosted: October 2 18, 8:04 pm 
Perennial All-Star

Freed Roger wrote:
Diddy wrote:
Michael wrote:

Yea, it can an should be that way - without a law requirement. (but it end up that way) Weird, they took the that $15 # though, if purely a market-based decision.

Yup weird :wink:

PostPosted: October 2 18, 8:08 pm 
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Diddy wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:

Is there anywhere to see the break down of where his money comes from? Does amazon just do so many sales that small profits add up? Are their exorbitant profits from certain products? I’m not going anywhere with this just curious where it all comes from.

Good question and I honestly don't know. I assume most of his net worth is tied into Amazon stocks? I'm sure he gets some big dividends for that and I would assume his salary as CEO is quite large, but I'm not sure how it all works really.

PostPosted: October 3 18, 9:31 am 
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

I hope Working Class Whites™ look at this Amazon news and see where their bread is buttered.

Bernie and the left just got the second most valuable corporation on earth and the second largest private employer in America to raise their minimum wage to $15/hour.

Trump et. al. want to cut Social Security to pay for corporate stock buybacks.

PostPosted: October 3 18, 9:37 am 
Perennial All-Star

G. Keenan wrote:
I hope Working Class Whites™ look at this Amazon news and see where their bread is buttered.

Bernie and the left just got the second most valuable corporation on earth and the second largest private employer in America to raise their minimum wage to $15/hour.

Trump et. al. want to cut Social Security to pay for corporate stock buybacks.

Making so much under Trump he can afford to give everyone raises.

PostPosted: October 3 18, 9:39 am 
99% conan clips

he made a [expletive] ton before him too

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next