GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently August 25 19, 1:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
PostPosted: October 4 18, 7:36 am 
Hall Of Famer

Workers aren't dumb and the rumblings about unionizing will continue

PostPosted: October 4 18, 8:13 am 
Hall Of Famer

Diddy wrote:
obucard wrote:

Sounds like a pay cut

Not saying it's good to cut the bonuses, but stock gains aren't guaranteed and predictability is important.

PostPosted: October 4 18, 9:20 am 
Perennial All-Star

ghostrunner wrote:
Diddy wrote:
obucard wrote:

Sounds like a pay cut

Not saying it's good to cut the bonuses, but stock gains aren't guaranteed and predictability is important.

I understand and I’m not sure how it’s set up. Maybe a 401k type thing where many felt they didn’t have the funds to participate. I’d be shocked that if long term those stocks would not make them more, a lot more, money.

I have an aunt that went to work at Walmart the Saturday after she graduated high school, worked there till she retired and never was higher the a department manager. She retired a multi millionaire based solely on Walmart stock gains and bonuses. Walmart isn’t the same company now but Amazon might be a company where that would still be possible.

This still isn’t the feel good generosity story it first looked to be.

PostPosted: October 5 18, 9:05 am 
Hall Of Famer

This is just one person, but

It all depends how close you were to $15 already. If you were making $13, you're probably better off. $14, probably not. Without knowing what the stocks and bonuses were. Should be said this probably benefits workers that don't work at Amazon too, at least in areas where Amazon competes for workers.

What they really need to do is unionize.

I guess you could be making more too and be worse off. I get pushing the bill the way Sanders did, as a way to apply pressure. But then coming out and congratulating Bezos for this right afterwards was pretty stupid.

PostPosted: January 19 19, 8:58 am 
99% conan clips

PostPosted: April 10 19, 8:55 am 
99% conan clips

PostPosted: April 22 19, 9:29 am 
99% conan clips

PostPosted: April 22 19, 11:21 am 
tl;dr

Jocephus wrote:

Stuff like this really ticks me off. Pay the house keepers a decent freaking wage. When I go to Boston for work the hotel our company wants us to use is nearly $300 a night and that's WITH a discount that we get for using them so much. The normal rate would be close to $500 a night. The hotel is always filled. They can afford to pay the house keepers a living wage, I shouldn't have to feel obligated to tip in order to make sure they can afford to pay their bills.

PostPosted: May 9 19, 9:13 am 
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

WTF?

Sick Teachers In California Have To Pay For Substitutes Out Of Their Own Paychecks — Even If They Have Cancer

What the hell is wrong with this country? Every single one of us is going to get sick at some point, and yet as soon as you are no longer useful to your employer, you are discarded. Why do we allow ourselves to be so disposable?

PostPosted: May 9 19, 9:19 am 
99% conan clips

MORE PROFITS!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next